Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Huge Props to Treyarch.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:46 pm

They're really listening to community feedback and fixing things super fast.

Hey 360 gamers,

We are listening to you and we’ve been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.

LIVE FIXES

11/5
* - Villa: User can clip into rock at west edge of grid zone B2 and see through to the other side
* - Crisis: User can clip into LVT between grid zone A3 and B3 and see through to the other side
* - User can get an infinite number of 'Sam Turret', 'Care Package' and 'Sentry Gun' killstreaks (commonly referred to as the “care package glitch”)

11/9
* - Radar sweep when there are only 2 players left in One in the Chamber will stop functioning if the 2 players have multiple lives when the sweep starts
* - Crash when viewing content (films, clips, etc) in the Community & Recent Games menu

11/10
* - Users’ rank and stats can get wiped under very specific conditions

11/11
* - Online number counts were not updating properly; these are now reporting exact online numbers
* - Parties getting disbanded when host did not find a match quickly

11/12
* - Launch: User could access a small platform outside of the intended play space below the rocket gantry by jumping to a very specific location; now blocked from access
* - Launch: User could access a small area inside geometry at vents near Dom flag A by going prone and moving around in a very specific location; now blocked from access
* - Some users reported that weapon attachment challenges were not resetting after prestige; now all are guaranteed to clear as soon as selecting the prestige option

11/16
* · Prevention of killstreak selection getting disabled in Combat Training under rare conditions
* · Array: Added collision to prevent players from partially clipping into a tree
* · Launch: Added collision to prevent players from strafe jumping onto an invisible ledge at the base of the rocket near B3
* · Summit: Added collision to prevent players from jumping to a location outside of the map boundary when in Custom Games where player speed is maxed out
* · Havana: Added collision to prevent players from jumping onto an invisible ledge above a doorway at C2
* · Nuketown: Adjusted a spawn point that would spawn players on top of a mannequin’s head when that mannequin was randomly spawned in that location

IN PROGRESS

* · Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
* · Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
* · Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
* · Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
* · Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
* · Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
* · Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
* · Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
* · Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions
* · Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions
* · Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
* · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
* · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
* · Additional online security enhancements
* · Prevention of a rare issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances

Regards,
-JD

Bungie needs to do whats in Red!

Sig by TuffJuice

wes4x
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: wes4x

Re: Huge Props to Treyarch.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:15 pm

This makes me happy to see especially the audio quality fixing
i can speak in pretty colors
Spoiler: show
and its awesome

RJ
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM RJ

Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:08 am

To be fair, the Black Ops matchmaking is 100 times more fail than bungie's. You basically can't get into a game with a party of 4 or more. You can't get in a game with someone if they live far away from you. You can't talk to the party leader while you're searching.
1/3 of the HWM U-Haul Trifecta

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Prime
Heroic Ground Pounder
Heroic Ground Pounder
Gamertag: test

Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:12 pm

Deaf Smith wrote:
To those that have it(I only rented it), have the MM issues been resolved with this update/patch?

http://kotaku.com/5693427/black-ops-mul ... tter-today

Yes. The new patch is so awesome I no longer need to wait 2 minutes to find a game.

JD_2020 recently added this to the in progress section in the patch thread:

Improvements to the spawn system to resolve an issue where negative spawn influencers from specific game events were not always being deleted after the danger had cleared – in some matches, this was causing good spawns to be erroneously flagged by the game as bad spawns, which in turn forced actual bad spawns to get selected later in the match

So they are looking into fixing the spawns and it sounds like they know what is going wrong. I expect it to be fixed by early next week. Heck, Treyarch are even asking for our help regarding spawns.

Cloudstrif677
Heroic Ground Pounder
Heroic Ground Pounder
Gamertag: Cloudstrif677

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:56 am

Had no idea they were able to fix the audio and everything with patchs, kinda makes me sad I sold it already :( O well, I started rocking cod 4 again and I forgot how pure the hardcore search and destroy was. Back when it was straight up nades claymores and guns :)
Cock-y [kok-ee]:
arrogant; pertly self-assertive; conceited.

ChiliDawg
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: RedHotJimiPeppr

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:25 am

Cloudstrif677 wrote:
I forgot how pure the hardcore search and destroy was. Back when it was straight up nades claymores and guns :)

Did you try pure team deathmatch in BO? It has no perks, equipment, attachments, or killstreaks.

Prime
Heroic Ground Pounder
Heroic Ground Pounder
Gamertag: test

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:54 am

Oh wow. Shortly after I posted that about the spawns they issued the patch. Spawns are meant to be better and the knife range is shorter (stupid panic knifers). I haven't played enough to see a change.

EDIT: Yeah....... Treyarch aren't very good at patching. Party System still doesn't work fully, there is still commando-ish and they meant to have fixed the keep custom class after prestige trick/glitch but they didn't someone found out another way of doing it.

Treyarch aren't really impressing me with these half arsed patches.