Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Tims

Re: Runescape

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:06 pm

Syience wrote:
Thanks Timmy. Unfortunately my only real combat stat is magic so it is what I have been using.

I just got a t80 weapon and am using t75 armor, my stats are also low to mid level so those may contribute to why I have been struggling.
Definitely will be studying the mechanics more and looking into improving my action bar.

Magic honestly isn't bad either, you just have a bit slower kills. Also, if you're using Ganodermic armor for mage, swap it for Subjugation. Although Gano is 5 lvls higher it's classified as tank gear and doesn't give you any DPS bonus while Subjugation does. You miss out on defensive bonuses but because QBD's main damage isn't affected by it like I mentioned earlier, it's more beneficial to take the DPS increase to speed up kills; in turn lowering the amount of damage you take overall as well.

Another thing I forgot to mention is the fire wall and cursed souls can be dodged by walking properly. It's much easier to understand when you see it done, but because Runescape is on a tick system it essentially means that you can avoid damage from environmental things like the things I mentioned by stepping through/over them as they leave the square you're stepping onto. Essentially you're walking through them without them actually hitting you. Youtube probably has a ton of guides for this mechanic specifically on QBD because it's the most common place to do it.
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Syience
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Syience

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:32 pm

Tims wrote:
Syience wrote:
Thanks Timmy. Unfortunately my only real combat stat is magic so it is what I have been using.

I just got a t80 weapon and am using t75 armor, my stats are also low to mid level so those may contribute to why I have been struggling.
Definitely will be studying the mechanics more and looking into improving my action bar.

Magic honestly isn't bad either, you just have a bit slower kills. Also, if you're using Ganodermic armor for mage, swap it for Subjugation. Although Gano is 5 lvls higher it's classified as tank gear and doesn't give you any DPS bonus while Subjugation does. You miss out on defensive bonuses but because QBD's main damage isn't affected by it like I mentioned earlier, it's more beneficial to take the DPS increase to speed up kills; in turn lowering the amount of damage you take overall as well.

Another thing I forgot to mention is the fire wall and cursed souls can be dodged by walking properly. It's much easier to understand when you see it done, but because Runescape is on a tick system it essentially means that you can avoid damage from environmental things like the things I mentioned by stepping through/over them as they leave the square you're stepping onto. Essentially you're walking through them without them actually hitting you. Youtube probably has a ton of guides for this mechanic specifically on QBD because it's the most common place to do it.

I have a slight mix of subjugation and ganodermic, might end up splurging for the full subjugation set. I have been practicing the fire wall and the tortured souls dodges, hopefully I wont have to die too many more times before I get it down.
Spoiler: show

BALS0FSTEEL
Apprentice GP
Apprentice GP
Gamertag: BALS0FSTEEL

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:53 pm

my osrs family! been playing for 15 years, quit in 09, came back few months ago.
IGN (casperxfu) the xp grind is real!

Thee MC
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM MC

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:37 pm

I've been playing OSRS on my phone when I can't sleep. Something about chopping willow logs and banking them on repeat gets me pretty drowsy hahaha

BALS0FSTEEL
Apprentice GP
Apprentice GP
Gamertag: BALS0FSTEEL

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:22 am

Thee MC wrote:
I've been playing OSRS on my phone when I can't sleep. Something about chopping willow logs and banking them on repeat gets me pretty drowsy hahaha

lmao i was in seers eariler chopping oaks fell asleep

Thee MC
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:07 am

I'm telling you, I feel like it could be marketed as a sleep aid.

Mangero
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: Mangero

Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:41 am

What OSRS on the phone like? Is it a good experience? Not tried it yet.

Monster
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Title: Admin
Gamertag: HWM Monster

Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:18 am

Mangero wrote:
What OSRS on the phone like? Is it a good experience? Not tried it yet.

Its exactly like it was on the PC. Not a total battery killer, so it performs fine. Clicking can be a little less precise, but overall it's really well done.

Thee MC
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:59 pm

Honestly, it plays surprisingly well on my Pixel 2.