Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Fundastraz
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: The Fundastrazs

Titanfall 2

Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:54 pm

Am I the only one excited about this? Because I hope not.
I LOVED this game on the 360. Made it to Regeneration level 10 and loved the Frontier Defense mode. I had an awesome setup and was top of the leaderboards on everything almost all the time and had a blast even when I wasn't.
BUT I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Spoiler: show
Last edited by Fundastraz on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twisted
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Twisted GT

Re: Titanfall 2

Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:00 pm

I loved the story/multilayer blend of the first game, the matches were a ton of fun and very competitive. It was a well designed, well executed fps that just came a little short on content.

I have always been a sucker for strategy fps games where you have to work hard for your kills. Long kill times create dynamic engagements imo. I loved the titan elimination game mode, it was probably one of my all time favorite individual fps game types. Definitely hyped for this and gears 4.
If you think we're a rolling double kill.. come get it.

CINCO
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM Cinco

Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:04 pm

I really loved that game and had a fantastic kd... I feel like if we rolled Titans like we roll vehicles in halo we'd be pretty strong in tf.

The only problem is I don't know if I'm willing to invest the time when I rather be playing warzone.
[redacted]

Fundastraz
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:08 pm

Twisted wrote:
I loved the story/multilayer blend of the first game, the matches were a ton of fun and very competitive. It was a well designed, well executed fps that just came a little short on content.

I have always been a sucker for strategy fps games where you have to work hard for your kills. Long kill times create dynamic engagements imo. I loved the titan elimination game mode, it was probably one of my all time favorite individual fps game types. Definitely hyped for this and gears 4.

Do you have Titanfall? I wonder if anyone plays it because of people being reminded of nostalgia with this trailer?
I had forgotten about the Titan Elimination game mode. Didn't really like that mode as much. In fact never really liked modes like that in any game like Search and Destroy in Call of Duty and Elimination in Titanfall. Breakout is interesting for me, I guess.

ClNCO wrote:
I really loved that game and had a fantastic kd... I feel like if we rolled Titans like we roll vehicles in halo we'd be pretty strong in tf.

The only problem is I don't know if I'm willing to invest the time when I rather be playing warzone.

I was thinking this same thing. It'd be interesting to call in all our titans at once and start ruling the world... together.

Twisted
Gamertag: HWM Twisted GT

Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:20 pm

Single life elimination is about having 1 chance, I like that intensity, but the problem I have with low kill time games like cod and even halo now, is that it completely revolves around a single mistake. Get caught reloading, looking the wrong way, throwing a grenade, or switching weapons and it's over for you. The game is so fast it becomes slow. Pro Breakout failed because high level breakout is passive and boring to watch. When you only have room for one mistake, you don't take chances.

Slow kill times remove that anxiety. Mecha combat games are about consitently out playing your enemy over a duration of time. It becomes less about individual skill and execution, and becomes more about long term decision making and strategy. In a long fight, you need to account for more variables. In halo breakout, when I get the jump, all I really need to do is focus on shooting them 2-3 times without missing when they dash, im only engaged in that fight for 2~ seconds. In titan elimination, you have to account for special abilities, multiple dashes, cover, special weapons, primary weapons, teamshot, and terrain over a span of up to 60 seconds, just for a singlr engagement. It's awesome
If you think we're a rolling double kill.. come get it.

CINCO
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM Cinco

Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:35 pm

The reason my kd was so good in tf was communication and strategy once myself and friends were in Titans together. We knew the best control points in attrition and just dictated the map
[redacted]

Thee MC
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM MC

Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:52 pm

This game was my jam. Very excited for this ^_^

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Swift
Tumblr: throwinsixes

Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:01 pm

MC, I love crepes, MimeMonkey and Duce are all part of the squad that would play Titanfall.

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:13 pm

Fundastraz wrote:
I was thinking this same thing. It'd be interesting to call in all our titans at once and start ruling the world... together.

That was a pretty standard team call that we used to make when it was MC, ilovecrepes, mime, swift, and myself playing, especially if playing from behind. Make the call to "hold your drops" until you had more available than the other team (they showed grey outlines for available titans above the score). With only basic planning, we were never outnumbered. Just kill a couple enemy titans from foot if needed to make sure we had the edge once we dropped ours in.

Swift Strider wrote:
MC, I love crepes, MimeMonkey and Duce are all part of the squad that would play Titanfall.

Hell yeah we would. I got an "Eeeek!" out of crepes when I shared the trailer with her earlier

Chaos
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM Chaos

Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:14 pm

Enjoyed the first, was a nice break from Halo.

I'll be picking the 2nd up for sure. Maybe not until a sale/discount though.

Thee MC
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:38 pm

[redacted]
reason: swift
Last edited by Thee MC on Sun May 01, 2016 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thee MC
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:24 pm

I'm just gonna double post here and say I'm a little disappointed no one is excited with this wallpaper here using a clever play on Titanfall's "dropping" in titans and our clan's elite "Helljumpers" division. Harumph.

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Swift
Tumblr: throwinsixes

Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:39 pm

It looks shit.

Fundastraz
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Mon May 02, 2016 2:24 pm

Thee MC wrote:
I'm just gonna double post here and say I'm a little disappointed no one is excited with this wallpaper here using a clever play on Titanfall's "dropping" in titans and our clan's elite "Helljumpers" division. Harumph.

I've been trying to find whatever this post is referencing. Am I missing something here?

Jazzy
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Jazzy

Mon May 02, 2016 2:27 pm

It was the redacted post by mc
I do not sponsor recruits for clan status