Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Van Hengel
Nothing Special
Nothing Special
Gamertag: Van Hengel
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands, Europe (4000 miles East of America)

Re: List of Driver's Tips

Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:17 am

H3WM DarkArchon wrote:
Tips are great, but they aren't for all occasions. For examples, I don't know how many times my Gunner has gotten a quick spree by flanking the enemies Upper Keyhole.

Sure you could go up there, and you might succeed and get a nice bunch of kills for it, but I just wouldn't recommend it to beginners.

Finally, stopping has saved my life on numerous occasions. If you're going around camo rock and you know people are going to be throwing nades at you, sometimes it's best to stop and let the grenades go flying by, killing them, and then flooring it.

This sounds like a good strategy for the situation described. Sometimes I know they are up there and I am afraid of going there, even if I want to. I will try this next time I'm on. However, I would say that this is covered by point 1: (keep moving and) be unpredictable.

Again, great tips, but as I've said before, I'm not an avid fan of tips. The easiest thing I can compare this to is if somebody wrote the greatest romance novel in the world. It's a great work of art and should be appreciated, but it's just not my cup of tea.

Keep the compliments coming! And sugestions too, of course! ::wheel::
Official Resident Physics Expert and Male Model

LouieBlack wrote:
I want to be.. behind him... inside him, If you know what I mean.

Capt Fiddler
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Capt Fiddler

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:04 am

This is a great list, and I agree with the gunning every now and then if you're a driver. I'm a gunner and now when I drive sometimes, I base my decisions on what I would like if I was back on the gun.

For not standing still, I've noticed from some of my better drivers that even if they want to stay in the same geographical location, they just do donuts, so they're not stationary.

But great list, definitely good to get the main points across to new drivers! ::thumbs::
I buy books like some people buy shoes.

jordalo
Wheelman
Wheelman
Gamertag: SnS Jordalo

Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:23 pm

Great tips van! Maybe next time i go hoggin i wont drive into a group of 6 and get stuck by all of em! And my gunner wont hate me so much... hahaha JK.

-jordalo (Jor-DUH-low) ::wheel::
not (jor-DOLL-Oh)

or its Jordan!!
This signature is empty!
And it looks like crap!
Somebody should make me a neat lookin signature!
So this space wont be empty
so it does not look like crap
so i can blend into the site and have a nice looking signature like everyone else!
So i can stop posting signatures like this!

N1CK5TER
Legendary Wheelman
Legendary Wheelman
Gamertag: NiiCK x3

Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:27 am

Very cool tip. It's nice to see all of these tips in one place.

PirateSolo
'11 HogOff Runner Up - Driver
Gamertag: PirateSolo

Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:10 pm

Where is the manual on how to pick up the bubble shield with that "special" technique that looks like the hog never stops. Also, who is still giving lessons. I could use a few more tips. I seem to be losing alot of hog vs hog battles.

PirateSolo

Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:05 pm

Deaf Smith, that was the best tip ever. I just spent about 45 minutets with LouieBlack this afterenoon. (Unfortuinately I had to go to work.) Not only did he show me the uberquick bubble shield pickup, but we also covered anti jacksmacks and went over the terrain of the land on standoff and Avalanche. He showed me where to strategically powerslide and for different reasons. There is so much computing going on in my head right now as to all the things he taught me. I can`t wait for the next session of training. Thanks for the advise Deaf Smith. And thank you LouieBlack for your time and knowledge!

OcR LouieBlack
Legendary Wheelman
Legendary Wheelman
Gamertag: OcR LouieBlack

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:33 am

piratesolo wrote:
Deaf Smith, that was the best tip ever. I just spent about 45 minutets with LouieBlack this afterenoon. (Unfortuinately I had to go to work.) Not only did he show me the uberquick bubble shield pickup, but we also covered anti jacksmacks and went over the terrain of the land on standoff and Avalanche. He showed me where to strategically powerslide and for different reasons. There is so much computing going on in my head right now as to all the things he taught me. I can`t wait for the next session of training. Thanks for the advise Deaf Smith. And thank you LouieBlack for your time and knowledge!

::bump::
and thank YOU for coming back and dropping the "followup" to let Smitty know I'm still working :wave:
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

PirateSolo

Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:31 pm

Louie gave me another 45 minutes of his time just on valhalla. It really paid off too. I was able to get 40 wheelmen out of my next match on that map with random gunners... well not xICEBIRDx. Louie, your tacktics are amazing.

OcR LouieBlack
Legendary Wheelman
Legendary Wheelman
Gamertag: OcR LouieBlack

Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:11 pm

::thumbs::
hey man, glad i can help. It's just the best ways i know how to stay alive... that's what counts IMO
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Vbdude
Heroic Ground Pounder
Heroic Ground Pounder
Gamertag: Th3 KillingHand

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:29 pm

Thanks man this helps!

SgtHart
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: sgthart

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:01 am

Good tips guys. Thanks for putting it together. ::thumbs::

Katie Couric, while interviewing a Marine sniper, asked: "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?" The Marine shrugged and replied: "Recoil." ...

Semper Fi
CTR

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:03 am

Bumping old tactical threads I don't want lost. Please don't post any thread necromancy crap. Consumed is working on the tacital forums, and I don't want some of the threads lost in the mess.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame