Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Tims

September 2019 Member of the Month

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:14 pm

Hello friends, it's that time of month again and we're back with another interview, this time it's one of our oldest members: ConsumedFever!

How and when did you find the site?
You have questioned an old god!
I bumbled in after a Google search for halo wheelmen medal counts, I figured there must be a way for me to compare my amazing 900ish medals to the rest of the world. Google lead me to a bungie.net page that Brick and louie where running tracking totals, that let me to the first h3wm website in the olden days of 2008, once I found the site, I realized that I wasn't the king of the medals no one else wanted, I was instead among a proud group of special gamers who would forever make an impact on my life
Shortly after joining I had a designated gunner,
Bloody initiate
Much good times were had
Then one day
BUNGIE RUSH
I wound up a moderator then eventually ambassador then somehow admin, and somehow even founder. (Protip never give me power)
Sadly life eventually crept in, I got married, and now I game a LOT less but I still lurk the dark places and up until the day after the most recent admin changes I still had full control over the forums, just nobody knew.

What got you into Halo?
Played from halo 1, first Just split screen with friends, then lan party then xbl, halo has always had a good group to play with

What's your preferred playstyle?
Objective games ftw, I've never been the best slayer, but if I'm not driving or gunning I can death walk a flag like a champ. I've always fallen into a support role no matter the game. Standard rule in h3 was, if you see my X toss a grenade, I've probably just dropped everyone's shields around me and they're easy pickings for the actual good shots

Where did your gamertag come from?
Ready for this boring gem
Xbox gamertag generator.
But I liked it and it stuck, especially without numbers in it or weird xx everywhere. Now that its mine I've taken great pride in it. Using it as my online handle in almost all things. I've always believed that a gamertag can be one of two things to two different types of people.
It is either, a shield to hide behind allowing one to he a raging jerk on the internet (see people with multiple different tags/forum names/ids)
Or a part of who you want to be.
Everywhere Consumedfever exists I try to maintain the same mindset. I'm proud that if you see the name somewhere else you know ita me always

Any favorite Halo memories?
This is hard, finding the wheelmen has set me up with some awesome friends and with THOUSANDS of games played there are lots of options. Countless hours with il Duce, to games with bk and jedi, the good old shenanigans of my shenanibuddeh whatname, idk if I could pick a true favorite,
But fevers freeways was always a good time! Tho I will say BTB CTF guardian when we Had the buddy system mixer was hilarious
Also that one time brick made everything toaster themed and changed my name to slagathor was possibly the funniest thing ever

What are your other favorite gaming series?
Halo has my heart,
Borderlands with duce was always a favorite
Minecraft
And the wife and I play a lot of tomb raider, I say play, mostly she watches while i shoot faces

What is your favorite food?
Hard choice, but Imma say not much can beat a good cheeseburger

Tell us something about yourself that we might not know!
My sense of humor comes from the mindset that
Life IS hard, it often sucks, nothing is ever going to be perfect, seek joy where you can, make joy when you can't, dont ignore the bad, but dont dwell there either. The wise laffy once said something about "happiness exists only when you choose it" and it stuck (I may be paraphrasing)

Any advice for newer members of the community?
Fire solved a lot of problems, apply liberally, rinse, repeat

You're new, welcome I give the best advice you'll ever need trust everything I say 100%
#summedadvice
warning do not take advice from 'Summed
But you have found a Bright place in a sea of darkness online, here exists the potential for some of the truest friends you can ever make. The members who have made wheelmen status I trust explicitly, and the founders with my very life.

Shoutouts! Who do you want to shoutout?
Shout outs?!?
Oh God
Duce, its been a long time from our countless hours gaming, I'm still grateful you made it to my wedding, I miss our long sessions back in the day
Brick, for even making this whole disaster work, there have been countless growing pains, changes, I'm sure we've wandered from your original plan for a tracking site, but there's so much love for what you have created slaggy will always remember especially when you welcomed me, a stranger from the internet into your home
Jedi vigilante, my friend, I truly miss gaming with you, it has been too long, and
Bk, I still have that screenshot of us upside down while you got the black medals on standoff,
Sarge, you've always been there not just for me but for anyone who needs, you're a freaking saint
And to the wheelmen as a whole, more than once you have helped me through some dark times. Sometimes you know it, sometimes I've asked and you've come running, sometimes you don't even realize that you have, but you've saved me just by being you.

Thank you to Sumed for taking time out of his busy schedule to share with us!
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

ConsumedFever
Nothing Special
Nothing Special
Gamertag: consumedfever

Re: September 2019 Member of the Month

Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:53 am

There's a lot of feels buried In this
Just know that I heart you all
And I honestly wasn't sure if I should keep rambling or shut up like a thousand words sooner
#summedadvice

Laughlyn
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Laughlyn

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:10 pm

I dont think I have ever been called wise without the suffix ass attached to it. But I'm glad that stuck Sumed- one if them keys to enjoying life ::wink::
brickfungus wrote:
we recruit based on personality and not talent (look at laughy)

ConsumedFever
Nothing Special
Nothing Special
Gamertag: consumedfever

Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:09 am

The words may be jumbled a bit,
But that little bit of happiness has stuck in my orifice
#summedadvice