Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Wheels36
Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Wheels

Re: Hogball

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:01 am

that could be possible, but then it would probably make it very hard to score with such a small goal

Wheels36
Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman

Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:24 am

I have figured out how to keep hog out of the goal. Using an appropriate height shield door, the ball goes under with plenty of clearance but the hog bounces back strongly. Now to try to get it to work on an actual map with scoring.

Legundo
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: Legundo

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:13 am

if you make a small tunnel with a horizontal grav lift blowing into a death teleporter, shield door just beyone that, you should be fine.

The death tele wuodl prevent illegal scores, and the shield door would be there to stop the ball so it would always be blown into the tele. Also, it would prevent being killed when inside the goal.

If you want, I'll do some prototyping on this and get back to you. What map are you looking at again?

Wheels36
Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman

Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:22 am

I have a prototype already, i will post in fileshare. There are a couple bug that need worked out. I need the scoring teleporter fixed to where you cant jump up or down in it...doing so allows you through the blocked reciever. Also, the ball sometimes goes in the goal and gets stuck without activating the scoring mechanism. Need a grav lift or something to fix it.

The scoring mechanism is a bunch of barrels stacked up to block a reciever node on the wall. I fixed it so only a ball can go in the goal to knock over the barrels, allowing you to teleport back there to score the flag. Having it a flag game also solves ilduce's problem of not being able to tell which goal is yours. Now you got a red flag on your hud on the opponents goal.

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:25 pm

I had one which was an assault variant.

Everyone starts with a very low movement speed and low gravity. The idea is that you have to transport the bomb carrier to the goal otherwise he gets splattered. The other passengers in the hog/mongoose had swords so that they could kill the other passenger with the bomb.

I should also mention that the map is not completely flat (used some Geo merging) to fix objects into the ground to create some small bumps and jumps which are symmetrical. It helps to flip other hogs/mongooses. To make things a little more fair the scoring area is enclosed within shield doors which gives an opportunity to splatter the bomb carrier before he scores as he has to walk a little.

With the soccer ball you tend to flip to easily and no one sticks to vehicles.

Sig by TuffJuice

Pillow
Wheelman
Wheelman

Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:20 am

Oh!Oh! I created this long ago!
I still have the map too!
I put generals to sleep permanentlyImage
Deaf Smith DGO wrote:
Pillow, Pillow, as cool as the other side of the...?

Wheels36
Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman

Thu May 14, 2009 1:54 pm

I have created a new version of this on sandbox that actually works! I originally envisioned this on a dirt/sand map anyway but none of the avialable maps really worked. Scoring was hard too. Thanks to the Mythic forge items the job is easy!

Here are some screenshots
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Scree ... r=Wheels36

The killball solves the problem of players and hogs getting into the goal. Inside the goal is a tin cup to catch the golf ball. Its magnetic so it always goes the center of the cup no matter where you hit it. At the center of the cup is a reciever node, that once blocked by the ball, will gain you 30 second access to the flag scoring room for your team.

We playtested this some last night with the LBG folks and had a blast. Check out turtles game stats. 105 warthog splatters and 0 deaths lol...invincible and 4 manslaughters.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHa ... r=Wheels36

We also had to do some tweaks like adding shield doors to the goal and flag room to keep you from driving warthogs to block the reciever node or driving past the sender nodes to the flag. I would like some more playtesters tonight if anyone interested. I will be on around 11pm-midnight Eastern. Need about 5 interested persons. I will post more screenshots later. Off to work, hope to see you tonight!

Wheels36
Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman

Fri May 29, 2009 7:05 pm

please delete my thread here, as it is outdated. i will be posting the thread for my finished hogball game soon