Get in the Hog if you want to live!

WatchGrassGrow
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Grass

Re: Everything you need to know about Forge 2.0

Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:05 pm

Sahara sounds awesome. I would love to play on that... Is it still in your Fileshare?

But just to add, if anyone wants to help my friend and I, we're making a smaller map on the Pillar Section called "Platforms". It'll consist entirely of floating platforms, you have to jump around and such. It'd also obviously be perfect for Jetpacks.
It's gonna be our first real forge attempt though, so if anyone wants to apply their expertise we'd appreciate it.
You just read this incredibly tiny text for no good reason, and have nothing to show for it.

Proud Sponsor Of: M3CH4 N1NJ4, Thee Jazzy

Apathy
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Apathy

Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Duce, we should try and make another version of sahara in Forge World. Maybe using the Gulch as the ground section, or some other area, such as the island.

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:38 pm

H3WM il Duce wrote:
Don't worry, I got this....

And for grass:

http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/files ... 0il%20Duce

You want sahara 2.3 and LAN flag... Lan Flag is an homage to a Halo 1 LAN party where we played this and went 8 straight hours on one game. One to win, no time limit, flag must be home to score, touch return, no timed reset.

Also, it's my fault, but back on topic!!

WatchGrassGrow
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Grass

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:05 pm

Yeah I figured out I could just Check :P
Sounds like fun though, I don't think I could ever play an 8 hour game xD I'd go insane after about 5

we had beer ~Duce
I, am not old enough to drink :P
I suppose if I could though, I could go 8 hours.
You just read this incredibly tiny text for no good reason, and have nothing to show for it.

Proud Sponsor Of: M3CH4 N1NJ4, Thee Jazzy

Luv Gunn
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Luv Gunn

Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:14 pm

I'm sure its not even needed at this point but I'm always up for forging so once I get used to the new nuances of Reach I will be MORE than happy to help build a new BTB map.

As for names... Alaska or Canada... maybe Canadia.

Rogue Sins
Gamertag: Rogue Sins

Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:07 pm

Whats up with the Canada jokes here lately?... Anyway I think Sahara would be way easier in Forge world. Alot more space and no damn guardian towers....

Luv Gunn
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:25 pm

I was simply referring to the fact that Bungie has called one of the Areas of Forge World "Alaska". Therefore a bigger more open version of the "Alaska" area would be Canada but Canada doesn't sound very cool so with a simple -ia I made it sound much more regal, angelic, or at the very least mystical. Kinda like Alexandr-ia or disturb-ia.

Hey, Alexandria isn't that bad... eh?

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:32 pm

The problem with Alexandria is that I still automatically think of desert when i hear it. I was thinking along the lines of "Patagonia"

Seriously though, it'll get its own thread in due time. Let's TRY to stay on topic.

Luv Gunn
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:50 pm

I'm sure these aren't the most original but I've been thinking about new maps and gametypes. Like "Mobile Grifball" which I've been thinking about, or whatever a good name would be to call it. It'd be a one sided round based Grifball where the offense gets the bomb on spawn and the defense gets a golf ball (or some other mobile object thats not a vehicle) that has the bomb arm point on it. The defense can then hammer the ball away from the Offensive team/bomb and grav lifts can be placed around the map to "evac" the ball quickly. I think it'd be best on a small spherical map... so the ball can't get stuck in a corner and the rounded walls will keep it moving. That way the team on defense wont be able to objective hold the golfball. Maybe it should just be called "1-sided Grifball"?

I know someone has already invented the variant Quidditch, which uses jet packs, but I don't know how that'd work map-wise.

Another challenge I want to explore will be to make certain parts of a map move using switches, gates, and any new forge tech they may have thought up. A rotating or mobile part of the map like the center of Ascension would be cool but I don't think it'd be easy if even possible. The catch is that most forge objects are "immovable objects" so once they are placed they do not move no matter what. And if I used that can be moved, the mobile structure would probably look like crap (being made out of crates or whatnot) and could be destroyed, thus defeating the purpose. I know how to make switches that open gates but does anyone have any idea on how to make a large moving structure that looks good?

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:15 am

Impossible to make a large moving structure. Blunt but it's just not possible.

Sig by TuffJuice

Luv Gunn
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:31 pm

At 4:57 in the ViDoc we see Kill Balls flying through the air and they are supposed to be immovable objects. Keep in mind its forge, so it could be a result of using Normal/Phased properties or some other option about gravity that we don't know about yet. I'm just saying that hardcore forgers could find a way, and if anyone had any suggestions...

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Luv Gunn wrote:
At 4:57 in the ViDoc we see Kill Balls flying through the air and they are supposed to be immovable objects. Keep in mind its forge, so it could be a result of using Normal/Phased properties or some other option about gravity that we don't know about yet. I'm just saying that hardcore forgers could find a way, and if anyone had any suggestions...

The thing about the kill balls flying was them dropping the killballs into mancannons which launched them across the map. You can do this in Halo3.
They have already squashed the rumour that you can phase two objects together to become one.
There isn't any gravity properties either.

It would of been nice to do but it's impossible to make large movable objects. You will be able to make switches just like in Halo3 with mancannons and crates but not anything too elaborate. Switches and other devices like that fail in proper competitive games, they're alright for infection and goofy customs.

Sig by TuffJuice

Luv Gunn
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Pallet Parade worked well most of the time... but I digress.

Next topic: Moving KoTH/Territorie
s

2 story map. Red team on the "1st floor" and Blue team on the "2nd Floor". Each floor has a safe spawn where one member from the opposing team spawns along with a warthog and a custom power up that allows vehicle use and prevents them from being killed. The Warthogs will be the hill but only for you OWN team thats on the OTHER floor. So the hill is either above or below the hog and the driver cannot get any hill time. The Spartans would need increased speed to stay with the hogs and maybe frags or grav hammers or trip mines but do no damage. It would just flip completely over so the hill is upside down and off of the map. The hog drivers would need something to keep themselves entertained. Splatters should be worth quite a bit. Sweet jumps and an obstacle course? Maybe some man cannons and vehicle teleporters to keep the drivers on their toes.

Yozi
Gunner
Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Yozi

Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:13 am

LMAO that sounds great, LG. But is it really possible to assign hills/territories to specific teams? If not I guess you could just make it round-based and switch sides.

Luv Gunn
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:43 pm

I doubt you could assign teams to the hills. But you wouldn't need to for what I'm thinking...

Unless the hog got flipped the hill will always be either above or below the driver/hog so only the people on the OTHER floor could score hill time. The base player settings will have to increase speed to ensure they can keep up with the hog and restrict vehicle use as well as damage done to ensure players can't steal the hog/kill the driver. On top of that the custom power up will "Allow Vehicle Use" and "Invulnerability" just in case.

Lots of possibilities...