Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Wrath42k
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: xxWxRxAxTxHxx

Specialization unlock code

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:04 pm

So it's been a little while since the codes to unlock the rest of the specializations went out for the people who were eligible and I haven't received mine. I was somewhat curious if anyone else still hasn't received theirs or if there is a known fix to the issue.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Re: Specialization unlock code

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:06 pm

I got mine the day they came out. Sorry...
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

The Balker
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: The Balker

Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:23 pm

I assume you've done all of these by now, but just to be sure:
1. Check on Xbox live to make sure the email account linked to you gamertag is the one you think it is.
2. Check your spam folder
3. Check your xbox live messages, too. I got mine sent directly to my xbox live account and not by email
4. Post in the forum on Waypoint to confirm that you played in the first 2 weeks.

Personally, I realized that the email linked to my account according to Xboxlive.com wasn't the same as the email that I actually used to sign in, recover my GT, etc. I have no idea how this is possible, and I tried updating it, but apparently that takes several weeks. The old email is deactivated, (who still uses AOL, amiright?) so I'll never know if they sent a code there, but I posted in the Waypoint thread and got a code in my xbox live inbox a couple of days later. Hope this helps

Laughlyn
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Laughlyn

Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:39 pm

The Balker wrote:
1. Check on Xbox live to make sure the email account linked to you gamertag is the one you think it is.
3. Check your xbox live messages, too. I got mine sent directly to my xbox live account and not by email
4. Post in the forum on Waypoint to confirm that you played in the first 2 weeks.

Personally, I realized that the email linked to my account according to Xboxlive.com wasn't the same as the email that I actually used to sign in, recover my GT, etc. I have no idea how this is possible, and I tried updating it, but apparently that takes several weeks. The old email is deactivated, (who still uses AOL, amiright?) so I'll never know if they sent a code there, but I posted in the Waypoint thread and got a code in my xbox live inbox a couple of days later. Hope this helps

was just researching this as well for you Wrath.

BS Angel wrote:
Some players that were eligible for the Specializations post-launch offer did not receive their fulfillment email due to having an invalid email address associated with their Xbox LIVE account. We are working to send affected players their codes via the Xbox LIVE Message Center (which is accessible on both web and console).

Click here to go to the post by angel on waypoint site and torubleshoot

ps- balker i changed my email through Microsoft like 3 years ago... still hasnt changed for their login/ verification and such...
brickfungus wrote:
we recruit based on personality and not talent (look at laughy)

Wrath42k
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: xxWxRxAxTxHxx

Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:57 am

The Balker wrote:

Yes i have done all of those except 4. but that's because it seems that the official forum topic is closed and unable to be posted in. So..The people who didn't get to post in it seem like they are screwed. Im just going to have to see if the email the account was created with [which is my fathers] got the email. . . =_= Oy vey..

Slagathor

Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:17 am

I know that you're not one for patience, however in this case it is only a matter of time. Just keep playing the game and you won't be capped until you manage to reach sr-70; The two specializtions that you do have access to are pretty powerful anyway. There is no real disadvantage, other than the preference of getting the desired armor permutations and perk sooner than later. Seeing as the experience cap doesn't inflate as you re-specialize, this won't affect you dramatically. 343i will probably have the issue fully resolved by early january, for all we know they could probably just apply it for us via title update. For the mean time, you can go through the aforementioned mediums and try to get it solved sooner. Hopefully you won't cap out if it comes to that, though i am very doubtful seeing as how the holiday season is around the corner and you only like to play in company. ::hog::

Slagathor

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Well it seems that your issue was resolved yesterday, huzzah! Hopefully now with that impeadment out of the way and your school break starting that we will be seeing more of you in the wheelmen/ggn parties.