Get in the Hog if you want to live!

crunchUK
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: a3ec

Re: Parties of 8 vs. Teams of 8

Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:50 am

H3WM Sarge wrote:
This is my own little personal thing, but I HATE team-shooting with people who won't team-shoot with me. I am constantly trying to keep everyone around me alive. If you get into a BR battle, I always help you win it, even if I know you can win it. I can count on one hand the people I've played with who I honestly felt were trying to keep me alive. It is frustrating as hell. I'll go to pull a shield swap to kill a camper; I'll go through the door, put two or three shots on him, then back out the door. My teammate won't go in and finish him off; no, he'll wait for that guy to come out and finish me off before killing him. Or I'll call for help 10 seconds before I need it, and no one playing the position that is SUPPOSED to help me will do anything until I die and they suddenly become a problem for them.

OMG YES! THIS TIMES A MILLION

That is the most annoying thing ever, teammates who just hang back, don't do anything at all, except pick of shields of enemies who you just died against because he WASNT THERE to shoot them alongside you. If only people realized if you both get stuck in NEITHER OF US DIE AND BOTH OF THEM DIE, instead of us both dying and only one of them dying. You got an easy kill, you went positive, BIG WHOOP you brought our team 1 step closer to losing in the process.

It's actually one of the reasons i stopped playing team slayer, it's like some godawful "see who can leech of their teammates the most" contest. It's also one of the reasons i like big team and squad battle so much, because most of the maps are so large and open, there's nowhere to hide, you're in the thick of combat whether you like it or not. WHen you jump into the mancannon on valhalla, the only way is forward. But occasionally you're at keyhole, you get a glimpse of why you bash TS so much on the internet.

I love the hornet. I will hardly ever get many kills with it, but i love how it can make such a huge difference in BR fights. Sadly, not enough people realize that it just isn't as simple as points = winning

It doesn't sound like much but it turns what could be a brilliant match into a hateful and annoying experience.

Ninja
Master Gunner
Master Gunner
Gamertag: UndeadHank

Re: Helpful Rants

Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:38 pm

where am i supposed to get the time to read all of this ::panic:: L :D L
BTB Random.

Ninja
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:37 pm

*gets apple juice and cd player, sits down and slowly scrolls down while reading this loooonnnnggg thread*.....*whew* *rubs eyes* *blinks* *thinks about what to comment on..*
first of all thanks. this was a really helpful thread that i am actually glad i read. im guilty for alot of the complaining stuff as i do that every time i play. and was thinking about last night when i was doing firefight for an achievement with some people, and i was plasma pistoling all the brutes then my teammates would take them out with their pistols. this ties in with the helping your teammates br and could also be used in matchmaking. when im competing with my team for points is probably when im helping them most because im following them around when they start shooting someone i come and help them br and try to steal their kills. alot of the time when playing randoms they wont even be coordinated enough to have vehicles running so i just use my laser ammo on footmen because their was nothing else to use it on...

and crazyskate put me as a drill instructor assistant or something and i dont know hardly any call-outs and i haven't "really" played with any of you guys. so sarge if you could invite me to some games (or maybe ill message you...) id be really grateful(gt: RabidHaloNinja).
::help:: any suggestions for getting in on some of these serious games and not just pointless customs(i mean random things like zombies and such). thanks again for this.-Ninja
BTB Random.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:24 pm

I have left Helljumpers, but sure, if you send me a message and I'm not busy, I may show you some things.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Ninja
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:04 pm

Sarge wrote:
I have left Helljumpers, but sure, if you send me a message and I'm not busy, I may show you some things.

no its ok cheeseballs agreed to help me :D
BTB Random.

Twisted
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Twisted GT

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Whew, it has been a long time since these posts were written (right about the downfall of the "glory days") and they make me think back to when they were actually writtin. Alot has changed since then, but the concepts remain true. "a good speech will stand the test of time" I dont remeber who said that, but hey, its true.
If you think we're a rolling double kill.. come get it.

An A10 Pilot
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: An A10 Pilot

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:49 am

Lolz Twisted!
How do Reavers clean their ships? They put them thru the Wash. :)