Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Witney
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: I Who is that I

Re: *SPOILERS* The Walking Dead

Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:49 am

Sarge wrote:

Nothing would be better if they actually quit the show, and stop writing an article bitching about the show. People complaining about how grotesque and disgusting Glenn's death was, should definitely stop. Cause if they stay true to the comics, it's only going to get worse. I know the show tries to be original in it's order of death, and shuffling characters storyline. But I'm glad they stayed true to the brutality of it. These guys should definitely have a look at what happened in the Comic at this point in time. I'll link it below.

*VIEWER DISCRETION*
Spoiler: show

M3CH4 N1NJ4
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM M3CH4 N1NJ4

Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:29 am

I think it wasn't so much the brutality of it, it was the inherent prolonging of the scene that was most troubling. You could have ended the season with these deaths, but they made a concious decision to drag the mystery between seasons as well as in the premeire.

As gruesome as it was, it wasn't that bad. But really the cruelty was inflicted by prolonging the state of suspense, some might call it torture.
People I owe sodas: Sarge, Duce, Brick, Waldebie

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:32 am

It's about the fake out with viewers. Additionally, they and anyone adapting comics change things whenever it suits them. Rick and Michonne aren't a thing in the comics. I do not like when creators change the source material to earn points with a newer viewership, and then hide behind comics when that doesn't work out for them.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame