Get in the Hog if you want to live!

SanguisDiabolus
Gamertag: SanguisDiabolus

God help me...I've created a monster

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:03 pm

You know when your parents try to be "hip" and "cool" by using the phrases teenagers use? Well sometimes I joke around by saying gamer slang around the house. Well now my mom has decided to start using it as well. I'll give you an example:

*Watching The Price is Right*
"What do you bid on your showcase?"
"$15,000"
"I'm sorry, the actual retail is $26,550"
Mom: "EPIC FAIL!"

:FP:
ImageImage

Penny is wise
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Penny is wise

Re: God help me...I've created a monster

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:05 pm

lol thats great.

I tried to get my dad to play Halo 2 with me once lol. The 2 joysticks was too complicated for him and it was either walk in a circle looking at the sky or looking everywhere without walking lol.

SanguisDiabolus
Gamertag: SanguisDiabolus

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:09 pm

Yeah my dad wanted to try spending some more "quality time" with me, so he tried to play Gears of War. Lol, we got halfway through the tutorial mission and he's like, "I.....can't do this."
ImageImage

ConsumedFever
Nothing Special
Nothing Special
Gamertag: consumedfever

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:10 pm

Yea penny sounds like my father right there, more then one control stick and hes gone, there are times i think Pong was too advanced for him
#summedadvice

Zer0
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Ah Zer0

Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:24 pm

Jeez my other half tried to play halo to "get involved" with my hobbies and she was just terrible. Walking along looking at the ground, once she got used to walking and pointing in the right direction she was fine, until someone started shooting at her then shes was back to shooting the roof on the pit... :FP:

Heartworkxo
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: test

Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:51 pm

Lol my 20 year old brother was trying to play halo and we just did customs slayer on rats nest and all i did was drive around splattering him. Then he learned to jump. :FP:

Anonymous

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:53 pm

my dad gets motion sick... he cant play games. its a shame too, i can tell he would actuslly be a great banshee pilot (hard to explain why, but i know for sure)

zer0Syndicate
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman

Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:14 am

My dad makes fun of my brother when he dies....

"PWNED!"

I find it humorous.
Total Wheelman medals: 1,498
"When one hellofa foot soldier turns into one hellofa driver, things never look good for the opposing team."
-zer0Syndicate

beccoid23
Gunner
Gunner
Gamertag: beccoid23

Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:19 pm

Zer0 Vis wrote:
Jeez my other half tried to play halo to "get involved" with my hobbies and she was just terrible. Walking along looking at the ground, once she got used to walking and pointing in the right direction she was fine, until someone started shooting at her then shes was back to shooting the roof on the pit... :FP:

I used to be like that. . maybe I still am! I started playing Gears since my husband was always playing that and Halo 2 all the time. I finally figured, if you can't beat them. . . join them. And now he complains that I play games too much! Not to threadjack or anything, but if you really want your other half to be better or to play games more in general, I totally suggest that she come to one of our walkthroughs. The girls have map and weapon training walkthroughs every other week for those that want it. We're trying to get some of our Fallen Unity brethren's spouses to join in the fight (sorry bad pun!).