Get in the Hog if you want to live!

An Odd Armchair
Apprentice GP
Apprentice GP
Gamertag: An Odd Armchair

Infinity Ward trouble

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:18 am

Modern Warfare 2 developer Infinity Ward is now home to a very strange, currently very unclear story, as G4 reports that security guards have stormed the developer, with studio heads currently missing in action.

While that all sounds like scary stuff, there's very little in the way of actual detail here. Infinity Ward leads Vince Zampella and Jason West are reported to have met with Activision earlier today, but have not been seen since by G4's sources. The original report describes a rumored level of tension between Infinity Ward and its owner/publisher, but does not explain the source of that friction.

Look, we don't know what's up yet, but we've reached out to Activision PR and Infinity Ward's main communicator Robert Bowling for comment on G4's report. The latter has been uncharacteristically quiet on his Twitter account today, if that means anything.

We're well aware by now that Activision isn't shy about bringing the hammer down on its owned development studios, with Infinity Ward's Call of Duty games still bringing in the billions, we can't imagine why Bobby Kotick and company would be so displeased with its star studio. Put your rumor protective gear on until we hear more.

SOURCE: http://kotaku.com/5483348/report-strang ... ent-ousted

Jason West and Vince Zampella, two lead developers at Infinity Ward, met with Activision earlier today. Then they seemed to disappear and "bouncer-types" showed up at the studio. This Activision filing might explain why.

"The Company is concluding an internal human resources inquiry into breaches of contract and insubordination by two senior employees at Infinity Ward," Acitivsion states in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. "This matter is expected to involve the departure of key personnel and litigation. At present, the Company does not expect this matter to have a material impact on the Company."

Activision also adds that it will be releasing another Call of Duty game this year. That game is believed to be developed Treyarch.

According to West's Facebook and Linked In pages, he is currently no longer working for Infinity Ward.

SOURCE: http://kotaku.com/5483427/activision-ci ... ordination

This doesn't look like it could end well for Infinity Ward, and perhaps even the future of CoD, which may have some of you rejoicing, and some rather upset, myself included.

Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman
Gamertag: AH Haut

Re: Infinity Ward trouble

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:20 am

weak man, hope they keep going to reach comes out

Mallets
Apprentice GP
Apprentice GP
Gamertag: HWM Mallets

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:25 am

I thought this thread was gonna be for trash talking infinity ward. :(
ConsumedFever wrote:
"ive got dick fever"

A Unholy Turtle wrote:
Side effects of Kool-Aid include: rape.

RJ
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM RJ

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:50 am

Very Interesting indeed.
1/3 of the HWM U-Haul Trifecta

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman
Gamertag: AH Haut

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:52 am

trash talking is against the code of conduct

and they have made a good game, with a few niggles that have been sorted and are being sorted

i just hope im as good at reach as i am at MW2, because im much better at MW2 than i am at halo

Dthen
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: Dthen

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:13 am

That's cos CoD's easy.
1/3 of H3WM.

EvilGRAHAM 0
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: EvilGRAHAM 0

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:59 pm

Noes someone beats me to the scoop
ow well it was bound to happen
BUfels wrote:
NOOOO the pants store is closed!
An Odd Armchair wrote:
crunchUK wrote:
what were you expecting, invisible dangling testicles?
Remove invisible, yes!
OcR EpicGoRice wrote:
Come on! It's tactical bacon!
::si::

Frank
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: Frank Reshman

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Haut Medoc wrote:
trash talking is against the code of conduct

and they have made a good game, with a few niggles that have been sorted and are being sorted

i just hope im as good at reach as i am at MW2, because im much better at MW2 than i am at halo

A few niggles? First of all...few? It's the most glitched game I've EVER played. Second of all....niggles? Besides sounding like some new racial lingo, it also fails to accurately describe all of the glitches, mods, inconsistencies, and imbalances I've seen during my own personal gameplay. The ONLY reason I still play that "game" is because everyone else on my friends list is. Actually, as soon as my vagabond brother returns from college, I'm taking back my copy of CoD 4.
/rant

That being said, I really hope nothing bad happens to the CoD series. As much as I detest CoD 6, CoD 4 was simply a masterpiece and I would hate to lose the opportunity for such games in the future.

CruelSirMuffin wrote:
if theres a matchmaking god, i will sacrifice BDFreshman at the start of every game to remain lagg free =)

Zer0
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Ah Zer0

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Infinity Ward still make better games than Treyarch.

MW2 - I really dont see too many of the glitches during my daily tour of duty. However, it certainly is one of the centres for verbal duchebaggery I have ever encountered.

Still <3 the game, and when reach comes out i will still have this very close by to the xbox.

Zer0
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Ah Zer0

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:50 pm

And - just to update you....

All the legal documents have been released and Activision are basically being naughty naughty people....

Naughty Activision people

And if you missed the "gallery" on that page These are the actually legal documents make sure to click on high res for some decent reading material..

Enjoy ::thumbs::

Icebird
Double Mythic
Double Mythic
Gamertag: HWM ICEBIRD

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:42 am

I've been following this news for a few days... And even before this BS I had already decided that Activision is evil and they will do anything for a buck. ::evil::

Perfect Example... Guitar Hero: Smash Hits. They could have easily re-released all of those songs as DLC but instead they package it up (basically as exactly the same game as World Tour) and slap a $60 price tag on it. As far as the music games go I think Rock Band is doing it right. Instead of putting out 2-3 games out a year with their brand on it they are putting out a lot of DLC giving us, the consumer, the ability to pick the music they really want. (Instead of buying a $60 game to play 5 songs they like...)

As for Call of Duty... Activision has added a third game studio to make COD games. yep... because 1 game a year just isn't enough. (http://investor.activision.com/released ... eID=448656) Also, it's rumored that Activision will have a pay to play service, similar to what they do for World of Warcraft, where on top of our XBL fees we pay extra to get the most out of the game (extra content/maps/weapons/perks/playlists that the people not paying the premium won't get access to)

I really think it's lame what they're doing to IF after all they've done for Activison. They've made, arguably, the best game ever and they're bending IF over and ::cens:: them.

But what are we to do? I've seen discussion of a boycott but what good would it do? They own some of the best/most popular game franchises and who's going to quit playing those games? I hate giving Activison my money but a large portion of my friends list is playing their game and I enjoy the game too.

From what I've seen, Bungie really does it all right. I love everything they do from the bottom up. I think Bungie's fans are enjoying their independance as much as they are.

Perhaps Infinity Ward could drop away from Activision like Bungie became independant of Microsoft. But then how much of the Modern Warfare brand would they retain? Would they have to start from scratch on the game engine, features, etc? Maybe starting over would be good for them. I think they've made a big enough name for themselves that they would succeed away from ::evil:: Activision.
~ HWM ICEBIRD ~
~ 117 Consecutive Weekly Challenges Completed in Halo: Reach ~
~ 2010 & 2011 Hogoff First Loser ~

Check out HWM ICEBIRD'S Halo Videos!