Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:53 pm

Your not hearing it. Your reading it.

~Loki~
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Loki Kola

Re: Knowing your Role.....

Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:10 am

Because for some reason an R700 will always kill people but a 50 cal shot won't... lol.

If you're going to masturbate, please don't do it verbally.

Imt: A very rare species of sea creature, that tends to live on peoples faces. The only living one at the moment is currently occuping houdini's face.

Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman
Gamertag: AH Haut

My role is:

Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:17 am

Bait!

Need a beater to flush out the opposition for your sniper,
Need a guy to run ghost and sit in your sniper building, take out 2 guys when they get pissed off and warn you of trouble.
Need a guy to make a lot of noise while you kill all that follow him.

Im your guy!

~Loki~
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:29 am

H3WM Rogue Onyx wrote:
~Loki~ wrote:
Because for some reason an R700 will always kill people but a 50 cal shot won't... lol.

Thats your problem. I can kill no problem with it. You just need to know how to use it.

I do know how to kill people with it. You hit their chest, neck, or head. But the 50 cal doesn't always kill when you hit people in those areas. An R700 always will, though, with Stopping Power. Which is just weird. I do know how to lead my shots and everything. Just, the 50 cal in CoD4 doesn't kill like it should.

Imt: A very rare species of sea creature, that tends to live on peoples faces. The only living one at the moment is currently occuping houdini's face.

Red and his P90
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Red and his P90

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:57 am

~Loki~ wrote:
Just, the 50 cal in CoD4 doesn't kill like it should.

That's a fairly common thought line for most CoD players, and I agree.

~Loki~
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:11 am

Yeah, Red. I mean, that thing is against the geneva convention because of the horrific damage it inflicts on infantry - you can only use it on equipment, vehicles and stuff like that. I mean, 50 cal rounds can blow people in half and stuff, and then the R700 is better than it. Even more strange, the M40 is actually built upon the R700; doesn't that mean it'd kill more easily than the R700.

Red and his P90
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Red and his P90

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:32 am

You would think so, and to some extent for a less skilled sniper or someone doesn't
snipe very often the M40 is better, because its easier to aim and is still good with Stopping
Power on it. But sniping with an actual sniper rifle is far from my best skill, so who knows.

Velheka
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: Velheka

Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:24 am

Assault to mid range support FTMFW! You just gotta love an RPD on a nice hot day.
Stinger Missile for sale, used once, small blood stain.

Gold Ergo Sum

Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:53 am

~Loki~ wrote:
I do know how to kill people with it. You hit their chest, neck, or head. But the 50 cal doesn't always kill when you hit people in those areas. An R700 always will, though, with Stopping Power. Which is just weird. I do know how to lead my shots and everything. Just, the 50 cal in CoD4 doesn't kill like it should.

The .50 Cal has the exact same damage ratings and hit box modifiers of the R700. The only difference between the two guns is that the .50 Cal fires Semi-Auto. Any other difference about the stopping power of the two guns is purely a perceived one.

For my money, I will take the M40 every time. More accurate, only one worse hit box modifier, and the highest damage rating of any gun in the game if you put an ACog on it (for some inexplicable reason).
Pwning noobs with Red32 on COD4 since March 2008.

BlackWaltz02
Heroic Ground Pounder
Heroic Ground Pounder

Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:16 pm

I also love the M40, as long as you have stopping power on, which i almost always do, it kills if it is a clean shot.
Personally I love Hardcore Headquarters and Hardcore TDM, where everyone is practically a ghost-sniper-bet-you-cant-find-me. I love using the silenced g3. My favorite weapon is the Skorpion with the ACOG scope, it embarrasses the crap out of people.

~Loki~
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner

Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:58 pm

JTGoldsm wrote:
The .50 Cal has the exact same damage ratings and hit box modifiers of the R700. The only difference between the two guns is that the .50 Cal fires Semi-Auto. Any other difference about the stopping power of the two guns is purely a perceived one.

Well, the R700 far more accurate than the Barrett .50 Cal, but I was complaining more about the fact that it should one-hit KO people just like it does IRL, to make up for its amazing lack of accuracy (which is also a load of crap). I mean, I do realise it's a game, but to have a hunting rifle like the R700 beat the Barrett .50 Cal in terms of accuracy is just weird.

For my money, I will take the M40 every time. More accurate, only one worse hit box modifier, and the highest damage rating of any gun in the game if you put an ACog on it (for some inexplicable reason).

I actually think that Infinity Ward confused the R700 with the M40A3 - the R700 is less powerful, so that should be the first weapon you unlock, and the M40A3 should be where the R700 is. That said, in terms of accuracy, zoom speed, firing rate and steady speed, the M40 does beat the R700, but I prefer to use a UAV Jammer instead of Stopping Power, and Bandolier instead of claymores.

That said, I don't ACOG snipe with the M40. I just don't like being killed with one, because it is exploiting a weird programming glitch, but also because I use an ACOG M14 and I'm trying to unlock ACOG for my Dragunov. I prefer semi-auto at close range.

Gold Ergo Sum

Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:20 pm

~Loki~ wrote:
That said, I don't ACOG snipe with the M40. I just don't like being killed with one, because it is exploiting a weird programming glitch, but also because I use an ACOG M14 and I'm trying to unlock ACOG for my Dragunov. I prefer semi-auto at close range.

I would avoid using an ACog with the M14. Unlock the ACog on the M21 and use it. Almost the exact same weapon, except more power and accuracy.

As for the ACog M40, it is my favorite weapon in the game, although I rarely use it. I just have more fun using it than anything else. I find myself giggling all the time when I use it at the strange and bizarre kills I pull off.
Pwning noobs with Red32 on COD4 since March 2008.

~Loki~
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner

Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:15 pm

H3WM Firehawk wrote:
the remington is not less powerful then the m40. They are effectively the same gun. The M40 is made from a remington 700 and they are both capable of being chambered in .308, which is what is used in the game.

You're right. The M40 is more accurate and has a longer range than the R700, but that's about it. I was thinking of the M24A3 - it takes .338 Lapua magnum rounds because it's got a long receiver, and Lapua rounds are incredibly powerful.