Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Cruckeyee
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Cruckeyee

Re: Black Ops II

Tue May 08, 2012 1:04 pm

Have to say, this looks kinda interesting. The first Black Ops was the only CoD I could play for more than 1 hour without wanting to punt babies into traffic.

The time has come, and so have I

HipHopHippo
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: Go Gibran

Thu May 31, 2012 8:52 am

I've fallen into the CoD trap for the past 5 years, I'm not taking the bait this time. The campaign was written by a 14 year old, the co-op gets repetitive and boring and the multiplayer turns me, for a brief period, into a pyschopath willing to kill and wanting to do unspeakable things to other peoples mothers and sisters.

Series died after CoD4, I just refused to accept it. It's also a shame that 11 year old kids who've just managed to persuade their mum's to buy them a console get CoD as their first game...

(Tekken 3 on PS1 all the way)
Signature's too mainstream

WatchGrassGrow
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Grass

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Well not much has been talked about lately but they have a new trailer which is kinda cool, and revealed a pretty nifty guy is making the soundtrack. At least I think he is... he's either doing the entire soundtrack or just the theme song...

You just read this incredibly tiny text for no good reason, and have nothing to show for it.

Proud Sponsor Of: M3CH4 N1NJ4, Thee Jazzy

Ronin Prox
Apprentice Gunner
Apprentice Gunner
Gamertag: Ronin Prox

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:43 am

HipHopHippo wrote:
I've fallen into the CoD trap for the past 5 years, I'm not taking the bait this time. The campaign was written by a 14 year old, the co-op gets repetitive and boring and the multiplayer turns me, for a brief period, into a pyschopath willing to kill and wanting to do unspeakable things to other peoples mothers and sisters.

This is pretty much my stance on the series, too. Multiplayer is great when you're winning, but absolutely the most infuriating thing ever when you're losing to all the people using unbalanced weapons or broken loadout combinations. Plus, the games see very few changes from one iteration to the next.
That said, I think Black Ops was much better than MW2 and MW3.

This, to me, helps illustrate a couple of things that make Halo the better series:
1) Large steps, some of which have been highly innovative for console shooters, from game to game keep the series fresh.
2) With Halo, I have fun even when I'm losing.

Slagathor

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:02 pm

I might end up buying into this around the holidays, just given my friends following of this title.

Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman
Gamertag: AH Haut

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:11 am

HipHopHippo wrote:

Series died after CoD4, I just refused to accept it. It's also a shame that 11 year old kids who've just managed to persuade their mum's to buy them a console get CoD as their first game...

(Tekken 3 on PS1 all the way)

Hit the nail on the head.

amandanicolee
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: amandanicolee
Tumblr: callmeamandaa

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 am

Since this thread is here, just thought I'd comment and point out how AMAZING the campaign was. Out of all the COD campaigns I've played, Black Ops and Black Ops II are officially my favorites. Treyarch has a special way with the Call of Duty games that gets to me I guess. I prefer them more than Infinity Ward's games. (And it is based purely on the difference of gameplay, because I'll be blunt - I was pretty awesome at MW2. Jussayin' :P)

I like that this thread is here though, because I'm one of those gamers who generally likes all games. Regardless of popularity or repetitive production, apparently. (:

BUfels
Gamertag: BUfels

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:49 pm

The thing about COD is that if I received it as a gift I'd probably play it loads and enjoying myself doing so. But no Pineappling way am I paying 55 euro for what is still essentially COD 4.5...

From the cradle to the grave, it has been a walk of shame.

Jaime Lannister and La Dispute fanboy.

ChiliDawg
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: RedHotJimiPeppr

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:24 pm

I've been enjoying this game so far. I think it's hilarious how over the top some of the stuff in the near-future parts of the campaign are (e.g. stealth cloaks, taser knuckles, shooting down helicopters with a rocket launcher while riding a horse ::lol:: ). I think Treyarch is done taking themselves seriously and are trying to push the game as far as Activision will allow.

The mutiplayer has a few innovations, but it is still CoD... ranging from extreme fun to horrible frustration.

I love the way this game looks, the weapons specifically. It seems they went a bit over the top with the weapon camos as well, which is great and it's actually a really fun challenge to unlock them (taking me back to my beloved CoD4 days :) ). It's a dumb reason to like a game, I know, but what can I say...