Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Tims

Re: I got blackops on midnight release

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:01 pm

I got Black Ops earlier today, and the multiplayer is hard for me to get used to. Everyone is already a way higher rank than me, so I'm doing terrible because I have almost no perks or weapons. I am liking wager matches, but sometimes the spawning is just horrible.
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

ChiliDawg
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: RedHotJimiPeppr

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:10 am

Did anybody here get the hardened or prestige editions? I like zombie mode occasionally but I'm not a huge fan of all the newfangled stuff on the maps (turning on power, etc...) so I'd like to play on the old ones.

Just prestiged tonight, I'm still loving the multiplayer. It isn't as noob-friendly as MW2, which is great because I ain't a noob. The "feel" of the game takes some getting used to, but I believe that the truly skilled players in this game will ALWAYS win.

Prime
Heroic Ground Pounder
Heroic Ground Pounder
Gamertag: test

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:33 am

Forum post detailing every update and what is to come:

PS3

PC

Treyarch seems to introduced a system where they can fix things without needing to issue out a update (which u manually accept) for the game.

An A10 Pilot
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: An A10 Pilot

Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:34 pm

Well, my brother got Black ops and I have to say, I am very pleasantly surprised. This game is awesome! I am loving the maps, the new way they did load-outs ( using money to buy perks and stuff for playercard) The gameplay feels a lot smoother to me, and the hitbox feels a lot similar to reach's. The other day, I was using the basic m16 and got 57 kills and 6 deaths as a random in ground war. The decreased power of noob toobs and rocket launchers makes me happy, and the killstreaks seem really fair now that you can't use them to advance to the next one. So far, my favorite killstreak is the blackbird. Being able to see enemy player's positions and direction is BA.

One other thing that has me hooked on Black ops is the zombie mode. It is incredibly fun, for it feels a lot more like a zombie invasion that WAW. They (the zombies) actually have a tendency to swarm, which makes stages have the appropriate intensity, and I am loving how the difficulty dramatically ramps up round to round.

With all this awesomeness, and the rate that Treyarch is fixing problems (much faster than infinity ward? It just seems that way to me. Please correct me if I'm wrong) the game is simply becoming even better. I will be splitting my time 55/40 between Reach and Blackops with Mass Effect 2 taking up the last 5 percent. (Gotta finish my corrected ME campaign and bang Tali!Giggty Giggty :D )
How do Reavers clean their ships? They put them thru the Wash. :)