Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Re: OPEN LETTER TO 343

Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:56 pm

Just got confirmation that Hydra Nations is on board.

Leaders:
HN Master
HN Patriot
RealFnCool
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

hel monkey
Heroic Gunner
Heroic Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Hel Monkey

Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:04 pm

il Duce wrote:
alright fellas. here's the spartan company messaging list. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W9GdPWYa3Z38ye2Cg7Gtx0Q85SBU9cafPVj4nYj3ug8/edit?usp=sharing

This covers the first 80 teams in the spartan companies list. If anyone else wants to participate I'll draw up a column for you. Use the letter in the code box posted above with the subject line "Stopping the Warzone Fireteam Change"

Is there any more message sending that needs doing? I can send some.

Witney
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: I Who is that I

Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Dishonored:
XOrphanRangerX
SPNKr Prime

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:13 pm

Rick and mortys friends are on board.

Leaders:
Morty Iz Sick
Rick iz dead
hatchedgeo
King Wevvalore

Witney
Heroic GP
Heroic GP

Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:14 pm

Devastated:

jjiiNk
l Mohawk l

Paragon
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM Paragon

Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:50 pm

Nofunnyideas wrote:
Forgive me for being repetitive if I've brought this up here before. I'm currently vetting my frustrations on 3 different outlets.

But there is anothe fairly major issue no one is talking about. Micro transactions. Is it considered ethical to take away a gamers ability to play a game like they have in the past after they've spent more than 500$ on reqs with the understanding they would be able to run the game they purchased those reqs for a certain way.

If you change the platform those purchases are played on are those players entitled to compensation?

We have several players that have spent a lot of money on this req system. They did this with a certain standard in place. Once that standard was changed those reqs no longer hold any value to them.

I'm not naming names. But that 500$ example is not an exaggeration.

While this topic is important and should absolutely continue to be rationally debated, we currently need to prevent a massive change to Halo 5 that will severely cripple/destroy the foundation that so many people, including the HWM, have built into rich social environments worthy of protecting. Gaming clans such as these are sacred; and Warzone, the platform that we have used to strengthen our camaraderie in H5, is being threatened and requires the undivided attention of as many passionate Halo players as possible. This reply is in no way meant to be insulting or dismissive, but we need all the focused help we can get right now.

Paragon
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM Paragon

Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:55 pm

After paying close attention to a wide variety of the mediums in which we are expressing out malcontent, it has become apparent that the emotions some of us are feeling are being expressed in a "less than refined" manner. Try to remember that we are part of a community that prides themselves in respect and sportsmanship, and it is our goal to be an exemplar for what a gaming community should be. Expressing emotion is trying times like these is incredibly important, but please try to maintain rational and objective stances in your emotionally fueled arguments. Descending into fits of rage or trash talking other individuals whose arguments do not align with your opinions is not okay, and inappropriately draws attention away from rational arguments that need to be explored to come to an intelligent consensus or solution. I wish everyone luck in the various conversations and arguments that they are engaged in, but don't forget the pillars that ground us and give us strength.

Stay strong, peeps.

EDIT: I implore the administration to relay this message, or a message like it to the "Registered Users" group in PM form.
Last edited by Paragon on Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hel monkey
Heroic Gunner
Heroic Gunner

Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:00 pm

I really think we need to stop saying like this is going to "ruin warzone". It is going to ruin warzone for us, and other people like us. There is a huge Halo population out there that LOVES these 20-30 minute long games. They are satisfied with that. They do not feel like its dragging on, or like its a total unorganized shit show. They are not frustrated that its just a more or less passive farm fest.

We destroy our credibility with apocalyptic warnings of warzone being ruined forever for everyone. The truth is that it will not be. This update is GREAT for a lot of people. Its horrible for us. I think we need to heavily focus on asking 343 for a playlist that allows for 12 man fireteams, so that we and other groups who want to play their gametype competitively have a place to play. I think demanding a change back, or warning of "the end of warzone" is a really bad way to go about this.

Paragon wrote:
After paying close attention to a wide variety of the mediums in which we are expressing out malcontent, it has become apparent that the emotions some of us are feeling are being expressed in a "less than refined" manner. Try to remember that we are part of a community that prides themselves in respect and sportsmanship, and it is our goal to be an exemplar for what a gaming community should be. Expressing emotion is trying times like these is incredibly important, but please try to maintain rational and objective stances in your emotionally fueled arguments. Descending into fits of rage or trash talking other individuals whose arguments do not align with your opinions is not okay, and inappropriately draws attention away from rational arguments that need to be explored to come to an intelligent consensus or solution. I wish everyone luck in the various conversations and arguments that they are engaged in, but don't forget the pillars that ground us and give us strength.

Stay strong, peeps.

THIS too. I am actually pretty embarrassed about the way some of us have been posting. Sorry guys, but I am. Just remember that there are two sides or more to everything, and one extreme is never the correct answer. One of the most effective strategies is an argument is concession, learn to concede, and your opponent won't know what to do with themselves.

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Swift
Tumblr: throwinsixes

Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:07 pm

hel monkey wrote:
I really think we need to stop saying like this is going to "ruin warzone". It is going to ruin warzone for us, and other people like us. There is a huge Halo population out there that LOVES these 20-30 minute long games. They are satisfied with that. They do not feel like its dragging on, or like its a total unorganized shit show. They are not frustrated that its just a more or less passive farm fest.

We destroy our credibility with apocalyptic warnings of warzone being ruined forever for everyone. The truth is that it will not be. This update is GREAT for a lot of people. Its horrible for us. I think we need to heavily focus on asking 343 for a playlist that allows for 12 man fireteams, so that we and other groups who want to play their gametype competitively have a place to play. I think demanding a change back, or warning of "the end of warzone" is a really bad way to go about this.

That and also turning around and threatening to farm or saying your going to farm/making jokes about it. That only further adds to the stigma that teams and premade lobbies farm anyway. Instead just stress this means that instead of quick coring your going to end up getting locked into your armoury and being slayed heavily. Even if it does promote farming don't active go out and say that's what you are going to do as it doesn't help our argument but rather gives us a bad image.

We don't want to threaten and ruin the fun for people but rather make them acknowledge that this is just ruining our fun and will likely cause more distasteful games than likeable ones for both parties. At the end of the day we are both trying to get rid of one thing; quick coring, the difference is one side wants to do so by getting rid of teams where the other wants to do so by making a team orientated playlist. We should be pushing that ideal more than anything as it isn't ruining anybodies fun and gives both sides what they want without taking away anything or limiting one side.

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:23 pm

hel monkey wrote:
il Duce wrote:
alright fellas. here's the spartan company messaging list. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W9GdPWYa3Z38ye2Cg7Gtx0Q85SBU9cafPVj4nYj3ug8/edit?usp=sharing

This covers the first 80 teams in the spartan companies list. If anyone else wants to participate I'll draw up a column for you. Use the letter in the code box posted above with the subject line "Stopping the Warzone Fireteam Change"

Is there any more message sending that needs doing? I can send some.

We've already sent the message to 155 companies, but I could pull names of another dozen or so if you really want me to.

hel monkey
Heroic Gunner
Heroic Gunner

Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:29 pm

No its cool. That sounds sufficient. GREAT WORK!

Monster
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Title: Admin
Gamertag: HWM Monster

Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:30 pm

hel monkey wrote:
No its cool. That sounds sufficient. GREAT WORK!

Too late, he's making you a list as we type this up. check it out from the link he provided in OP

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:36 pm

Is Da Best is on board.

Is Da BlackWolf (Leader)
Tooneyo14
WorriedCheese15
Red Bandana 59z
xAssassinBlueXx
Blaze ODST
AtlantiScRuZe
Paralous
JordanTriesHard

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:43 pm

Hel Monkey is also right. We're putting ourselves in a position to speak for the wider Halo community. We need to comport ourselves accordingly in all public forums. I'm just as frustrated as the rest of you and want to vent, and that's why I want to redirect our energy into doing this right.

I'm glad you guys have been debating on Waypoint. Having our presence is keeping our name recognizable as we message the other companies. Stay level.

Witney
Heroic GP
Heroic GP

Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:13 pm

Allegiance:

Detroit Code
Axiz

I'm on my phone, so it's hard to get the other LTs. Can someone update for me

Sarge Edit: Added Axiz since he signed, but Predevonator and Contra are pros, so I'm not going to add their names unless they say they're down.