Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Legacy
Gunner
Gunner
Gamertag: NEC Legacy

Shoutbox stuffs

Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:01 pm

Text Wrapping:
When accessing the site from my Android, I ran into text getting cut off... only by a few letters, but I have to turn the screen sideways to read it all. I just took a quick screencap of a recent convo so you could see what I was talking about. Simple mobile detection but still.

And kinda unrelated, but another potential mobile shoutbox issue. Selecting an orange user (tried AllyJoy and Jester) from the shoutbox either does nothing, or else sends me to a blank page, with no errors thrown. Acted like I clicked a dead link. But only from mobile could I replicate the issue. Selecting members, admins, or VIPs, worked just fine. Maybe you were playing with profile links earlier?

And one more! When clicking 'preview' of this post, it also threw me to a blank page and I needed to reload the page to recover my post. I had that happen a few days ago when I was sending a PM as well (I'm compulsive and have to preview everything before I post it!).

Jackie
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Title: Developer
Gamertag: HWM Jackie

Re: Shoutbox stuffs

Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:04 pm

I'll look into adding a little padding on the right side to force it to wrap a little sooner and see if that helps for Androids. I think it should be fixed for you now. If you could let me know it would be much appreciated.
The profile link issue happens on my pc as well, refreshing the page then clicking the link again fixes it. For some reason the shoutbox extension sometimes fails to insert /forum/ into the url when it redirects to a profile. Seems to only effect posts made after the page has loaded, and refreshing fixes it. I'll look into that soon. The dev for this extension is aware of this issue and is working on a fix.

The blank page on preview could be a url issue as well. We seem to have them occasionally for random things. The server host has some weird security rules that screw with stuff.

DOM
Legendary Gunner
Legendary Gunner
Gamertag: HWM DOMIN8

Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:15 am

This is how the shoutbox is displaying on my computer at the moment:

Retired Admin (even though current "leadership" doesn't acknowledge it.)

brickfungus
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Title: Owner
Gamertag: HWM BrickFungus

Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:19 am

that's a feature
THIS SHOULDN'T BE HERE

I'M A LEGEND IN MY SPARE TIME

DOM
Legendary Gunner
Legendary Gunner
Gamertag: HWM DOMIN8

Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:46 pm

brickfungus wrote:
that's a feature

Well... that "feature" looks horrible.
Retired Admin (even though current "leadership" doesn't acknowledge it.)