Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Gupples
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: Gupples

Re: Runescape

Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:35 am

I Love Runescape. It Was The First Online Game I Ever Played, And I Still Play It Now, My Game Name Is Gupples, Im Currently Maxed And Almost At Completionist Cape Just A Few More Reqs To Go Until I Can Have The Cape :). Im A Very Active Hardcore Pvm'er I know All Boss Mechanics Like The Back Of My Hand And Cannot Wait For The New Solo Boss To Come Out This Month.

A While Back Jagex Made It Possible So That You Could Have An Enhanced Version Of Your Skill Cape, While You All Have Your 99's I Went Above And Beyond To Achieve some 120's, That Means Getting 104M Experience In The Skill Instead Of The Usual 13M Experience. My Favourite And Most Prestigious 120 Cape Is Runecrafting, It Took Me A Very Long Time To Get, Im currently Ranked Just Under 600 In The World For My Runecrafting Experience.

Here Are Some Pictures Of My Account:

"Don't Be So Defensive And Afraid To Be Proven Wrong That You Miss The Opportunity To Learn From Your Mistakes."
"Never Discourage Anyone Who Continually Makes Progress, No Matter How Slow."
"Where Is It Written That All Dreams Have To Be Small"

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Tims

Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:01 pm

Bump, I decided to leave my other RS clan because I just hit the 10 month mark, had only been to two events and didn't care for most of the people in it. I joined Zer0 PvM which is the clan Gupples is in so hopefully I'm able to complete some more high level bossing content (it seems like there are a lot of active people). I'm about 120~ total levels away from being Maxed, which I hope to be by the end of the year. I'm also 45m xp from 120 Ranged and ever so slowly (and passively) approaching the Final Boss title, but I'll work on those after maxing.

Also, Jon sent me a snap of him standing in the Varrock GE, so my plan of slowly bringing people back to this game is working.
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:05 am

Another bump from me, in case anyone is interested in Runescape.

First, I just started streaming it on Twitch, here's the link to my channel:
https://www.twitch.tv/tims_lol

Secondly, I'm getting pretty close to max cape:
Spoiler: show

Although Runecrafting and Hunter are pretty boring to me, Invention honestly won't be a problem because I'll just do it while I PvM or do Slayer. I'm looking at probably doing 120 Invention while going for 120 Slayer and Ranged at the same time, so that'll be pretty cool. I've also got like 260M cash right now and the new T92 weapons are going for about 2B right now, so I'm gonna save up all the money I don't use on supplies and training for Invention to buy a Seren Godbow (they look sick):

At this point I'm just starting out with streaming but I'm looking to try to make a name for myself in the RS3 streaming community; it's pretty tight knit but I have an intimate knowledge of the game and I honestly think I have a good shot at being successful. At some point I'll branch out and on certain days I'll try to stream Halo so that if people who watch are interested they can come check out our site.

Syience
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Syience

Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:40 am

Did you advertise your stream anywhere? Seemed like you had a strong commitment tonight.

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Swift
Tumblr: throwinsixes

Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:10 am

I think you have a decent chance of a good following because like you said the community is fairly tight knit and you know you're stuff. I don't know about others but I have no clue what you're talking about when you talk RS to me but it sounds cool. You have the set up, prominent RS clan/community and then us on the Halo side of things so I'd think you'd get a decent following fairly easily if you set up a schedule. You need help with anything we will be here and I'm sure someone could make some graphics for you in their spare time =]

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:24 am

I actually didn't even advertise to my RS clan that I was streaming, but I did peak at 10 viewers last night. That doesn't sound like much but that honestly was probably top 5 at the time (although it was like 3am). The Runescape category on Twitch is weird because it is essentially 2 games under one category, and like I said the RS3 community is pretty tight knit but the Old School community is more popular. It does help a little that because it's so tight the top couple of streamers actually recognize me from being in their chat (I'm actually subbed to one). When I was done with my stream I hosted whatever viewers I had left to one of them and he actually recognized my name and said "Wow I didn't even know you streamed". Honestly it's a very cool community and while there are some rotten apples (like with any community) it's overwhelmingly positive and supportive, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how far I can go.

As for graphics, if anyone wants to work on anything or is willing to take request I just need some simple things like a "BRB" screen. Personally on my end I need to make a music playlist so that I'm not listening to the same artists for so long.

Monster
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Title: Admin
Gamertag: HWM Monster

Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:10 pm

Tims, you know me I'll afk watch a stream when I can to support and get you numbers. I'd say advertise to your RS clan ages, they'll have lots of connections and the ability to see you more followers at the least etc. Also if you can have the reverse happen to you, have those popular dudes be like I'll host a friend of mine etc that'd be tight.

I'm just wondering, and this is no slight to you, what makes you unique? If the community is as tight as you say it is, what separates you from others? Use that as an advantage I'd say.

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:57 pm

Monster wrote:
I'm just wondering, and this is no slight to you, what makes you unique? If the community is as tight as you say it is, what separates you from others? Use that as an advantage I'd say.

I don't take offense to this at all, it was something I put a lot of thought into before I even considered streaming. Honestly, there are only a handful of popular streamers, so even if I overlap a bit with others there's enough space for it. I really want to make a big impact by getting viewers involved; ie boss masses on stream or doing bosses with viewers. It's not original but it works. I honestly aim to make my stream very focused on community/having people interact with each other. I think it's fun that way and honestly a lot of people who play just want to get involved with others whether they're mid or high level. Obviously I'm still very green but I'm brainstorming as I go.

Monster
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:01 pm

Because my time on xbl is narrowing, I think I may have more time for games such as these that aren't as internet heavy. So tims, you know how to get a hold of me if you ever want to play. Ill try to find some goals to do to keep F2P entertaining

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:09 pm

Monster wrote:
Because my time on xbl is narrowing, I think I may have more time for games such as these that aren't as internet heavy. So tims, you know how to get a hold of me if you ever want to play. Ill try to find some goals to do to keep F2P entertaining

Honestly you might enjoy making an ironman. It's all DIY and makes the otherwise fast and boring parts of the game fun and interesting because you have to rely on your own game knowledge and ability to set small goals to advance.

Also, I recently got promoted to Staff in my Runescape clan, so that's already interesting in and of itself. This clan has been much better than any other though, so it's nice to be able to contribute back in a way.

Syience
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman

Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:02 pm

Any QBD tips? Just tried to do it like 4 times and never got past phase 3

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Syience wrote:
Any QBD tips? Just tried to do it like 4 times and never got past phase 3
QBD is a very unique boss in the sense that she's very challenging without a few certain things unlocked and then once you unlock them she becomes relatively easy.

The big things are 1) Dragonbane bolts, which you unlock after completing Ritual of the Mahjarrat; they make it so you have ridiculous accuracy against QBD and with lvl 80+ weapons you essentially never miss. They're a bit of a pain to unlock but worth it if you intend to camp this boss, and 2) Superantifire potions, which will mitigate almost all of the QBD's firebreath attacks. This is a huge benefit because most of the damage you take from QBD is her fire and it's classified as typeless damage (as opposed to range, melee or mage). This means that armor doesn't reduce the amount of damage it does to you, so this is the only way to reduce it.

Outside of those two things, the other big things to look at are ability bar rotations to make sure that you're doing the most damage possible and your gear because sometimes the raw numbers do matter. The best way to kill QBD for beginners is to range using Dragonbane bolts, but even if you can't get them range is still the safest bet. I'd say if possible get your hand of a Royal Crossbow or a set of Chaotic Crossbows; both are level 80 and will be just fine at QBD. I'd say if you can afford Armadyl that's the lowest I would go in terms of armor (including gloves and boots). Auras are also an underrated thing so get them whenever you can. If you're not using Dragonbane bolts Sharpshooter is the best option; if you are you can use something like Vampyrism to reduce the amount of food you need to bring with or make trips last longer.

If you need help with abilities, it's best to copy the bar on this page under Ranged (2h or dual wield depending on what weapon you have)

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Revolution

I'd say turn on revolution if you haven't already so you can focus more on what the boss is doing and less on hitting abilities; as you progress and feel more comfortable you can toggle it off.

That's the best I can do with written text, but there are some pretty good guides on Youtube for her because she's a pretty popular boss.

Monster
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:07 pm

See I would make an iron man character, but id hate to lose the progress (albeit mediocre to most) on my main. So its tough, unless you mean going forward level everything without buying etc.

Syience
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman

Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:45 pm

Thanks Timmy. Unfortunately my only real combat stat is magic so it is what I have been using.

I just got a t80 weapon and am using t75 armor, my stats are also low to mid level so those may contribute to why I have been struggling.
Definitely will be studying the mechanics more and looking into improving my action bar.

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:01 pm

Monster wrote:
See I would make an iron man character, but id hate to lose the progress (albeit mediocre to most) on my main. So its tough, unless you mean going forward level everything without buying etc.
A very popular thing to do (although it sounds ridiculous) is to play on both at once. On an ironman for example because you need to get all of your own food you have to fish and cook it yourself, so while you're afking that you can play actively on your main account and vice versa. This is actually really common with a lot of high level players.