Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:55 am

From their blog post:

Today we debuted the first cinematic trailer for our next game, Mass Effect™: Andromeda. While we are still many months away from the game’s release date in holiday 2016, we’re excited to show you a bit of where we’re at. First, though, some background on the game itself.

When we wrapped up the original Mass Effect trilogy with Mass Effect 3: Citadel in early 2013, planning and design on Mass Effect: Andromeda was already well underway. We knew we wanted to start with a foundation composed of the best parts of any Mass Effect game: exciting new worlds to discover, great characters, and intense action. At the same time, we clearly wanted to expand the definition of what you should expect from a Mass Effect game.

While we aren’t ready to go into too many details just yet, as you saw in the trailer and can tell by the name, this game is very much a new adventure, taking place far away from and long after the events of the original trilogy. You will play a human, male or female, though that’s actually not the character you saw in the trailer (more on that later). You’ll be exploring an all-new galaxy, Andromeda, and piloting the new and improved Mako you saw. And through it all, you will have a new team of adventurers to work with, learn from, fight alongside of, and fall in love with.

We built this trailer in Frostbite™, our game engine, and it represents our visual target for the final game. We are thrilled by what we’ve already been able to achieve in bringing Mass Effect to Frostbite and by putting our entire focus on PC and current gen consoles. With the time remaining in development, we’re excited about the possibility to push things even more.

Thank you again for all of the support you keep showing us, and we’re looking forward to sharing more details with you near the end of the year. Until then, the teams in our Montreal, Edmonton, and Austin studios will be hard at work creating an entirely new adventure for you to lose yourselves in.

Thanks,

Aaryn Flynn, Studio General Manager, BioWare Canada

Yanick Roy, Studio Director, BioWare Montreal

Needless to say, I am really excited.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Navi
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Navi

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:39 pm

I really Hope Bioware get it right solid single-player no MP and great story and character's to fall in love with like we did with the original trilogy and also we get to make our own crew and ship and for the hope that is all f***ing holy make sure the ending is not bad.
"We win together we ride together Wheelmen for life"

"I always dreamed of driving but sooner or later you always have to wake up"

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:47 pm

There will be MP. All future EA titles will have MP and likely microtransactions.

I doubt we'll see an ending as brave as ME3 again. All endings in gaming will forever be bland or teasers for more content.

Twisted
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Twisted GT

Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:43 pm

If I had to write a book with all the lessons I had learned in my short life, "don't trust EA" would be written on the first page. Twice.
If you think we're a rolling double kill.. come get it.

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:49 pm

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Tims

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:30 am

Personally still really hyped for it and can't wait. Played the hell out of ME2 and did 2 playthroughs of ME3 borrowing a friend's copy. Really in love with this universe and it's characters.
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Panda
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM Trash Panda

Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:12 am

Yeah I'm also still hyped just hope they can match and better in some ways the things I loved about the shepard trilogy.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:31 am

I'm hoping for something fresh. Been in so many reboots lately. Hoping BioWare takes us somewhere new for us and them.

OboeCrazy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: OboeCrazy

Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:11 pm

While I usually agree that tacked on multiplayer in a single player experience is usually a horrible idea, Bioware managed to make someone a lot of fun and interesting with the ME3 coop horde mode. It was great fun, a really cool coop experience, and had some fun challenge to it. Really my only complaint was the microtransaction chest model...but that ended up just being a hint of the card system we see in all shooters now.

So if Andromeda has multiplayer I'm a bit more hopeful then most because Bioware already proved they've got good ideas for that kind of thing.
This sig available for rent.

Cloudnynee
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM Cloudnyne

Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:28 pm

I need to pull myself together and play the first three at some point lol
Life is simple. You make choices and never look back.

Shepard
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: Shepards Clone

Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:23 pm

Shepard approves of this thread. I need this game, like i will not be moved from my room for a year once it is out.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:36 pm

We haven't gotten a lot of details yet, so I'm being pretty reserved in my hype for the game. I am very hopeful, however.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Fri May 13, 2016 3:27 pm

We received an update from Aaron Flynn yesterday. Game delayed to early 2017:

With Mass Effect™: Andromeda, our team at BioWare™ is exploring how far they can take this beloved franchise. Yes, we’re building the best of what we all love about Mass Effect – amazing stories, characters and fun third-person shooter combat – and bringing them along with us on the expedition to Andromeda. But we’re also excited to be introducing new features and ways you can enjoy a Mass Effect game.

• More Freedom: One of our biggest ambitions is to give players an unprecedented level of freedom for a Mass Effect experience –where you’ll go, how you’ll get there, and how you’ll play.

• New Uncharted Worlds: We’re leaving the Milky Way behind and headed to Andromeda, where we’ll meet new allies, confront new enemies, and explore fascinating new worlds.

• The Next Great Mass Effect Experience: Mass Effect: Andromeda will be the first Mass Effect game for today’s consoles and the first built on the Frostbite engine. We’re pushing the technology to deliver visuals, story, and gameplay that have never been done in franchise history.

As we’ve been playing the game at the studio recently, it’s showing us that we’re taking the game in the right direction. But we also know we need the right amount of time to make sure we deliver everything the game can be and should be – that’s our commitment from all of us to all of you. Because of that, Mass Effect: Andromeda will now ship in early 2017. We can’t wait to show you how far we’re all going to go. We’ll see you at the EA PLAY press conference on June 12, with an update.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Tims

Fri May 13, 2016 5:10 pm

Hype
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Panda
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM Trash Panda

Sat May 14, 2016 3:14 pm

I'm okay with a delay to allow them more time to get everything right and polished as long as we get a acutal look at the game or some more soild info about the game.