Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Paragon
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM Paragon

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:08 am

Swift Strider wrote:
Yeah, I'm kinda sad because that one official trailer had wayyyy more spoilers in it than I expected.

I completely agree with you
Spoiler: show
I really didn't want to know that the golden worlds were a bust, that seems like a pretty big plot event that should have been a surprise.

Also, is anyone else here a little bit upset about the facial animations? It's not really a deal breaker for me, but I would have been pretty okay with them delaying the game to iron it out.

OboeCrazy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: OboeCrazy

Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:29 am

Thanks Sarge, good to know. I don't mind a tie in, but it's good to know I don't HAVE to play it until I'm done with the story (or far enough along I don't think I'll be spoiled by enemies).

SO FUNNY STORY....I had to schedule my yearly doctors visit, and it included the normal round of blood tests that I have to fast 8 hours before hand for. They wanted to have the doc visit late afternoon one day, and the bloodwork the next day in the morning (so I just get up, not having eaten, and go to get my blood draw) but I was having a hard time finding 2 days I could get half days free. However they said they could do everything in one day in the afternoon, how's March 21st? Sure, I said, it'll suck not to eat all day but I'll manage.

And then I realized that I took off on the DAY THAT MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA COMES OUT. That's right, I get to distract myself from my starvation with Andromeda.
This sig available for rent.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:29 am

Paragon wrote:
Swift Strider wrote:
Yeah, I'm kinda sad because that one official trailer had wayyyy more spoilers in it than I expected.

I completely agree with you
I really didn't want to know that the golden worlds were a bust, that seems like a pretty big plot event that should have been a surprise.

Also, is anyone else here a little bit upset about the facial animations? It's not really a deal breaker for me, but I would have been pretty okay with them delaying the game to iron it out.

I'm not too bothered by them. BioWare has always had a hard time with them, and I think it's an issue inside of Frostbite at this point. Every game they've made on Frostbite has had these sort of issues. It's also important to compare. The next game closest to BioWare in terms of this level of RPG conversations is probably Technomancer and it also had issues.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

RubbrDuckE
Contest Loser
Contest Loser
Gamertag: HWM RubbrDuckE

Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:16 pm

gOD I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THIS GAME
I messed with Duce and got banned. laugh at my expense...

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:17 pm

Here's the entire single player panel with BioWare at PAX East. Spoilers in the mission itself. If you don't want to see the mission, you can skip to the portion where they take audience questions.

RubbrDuckE
Contest Loser
Contest Loser

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:29 am

Paragon wrote:

Sarge wrote:
I'm not too bothered by them. BioWare has always had a hard time with them, and I think it's an issue inside of Frostbite at this point. Every game they've made on Frostbite has had these sort of issues. It's also important to compare. The next game closest to BioWare in terms of this level of RPG conversations is probably Technomancer and it also had issues.

Another close game in terms of scope and budget would probably be Horizon: Zero Dawn and it has the EXACT same problem with facial animations. You can't have a ridiculously massive game with hundreds of lines and get consistently flawless facial animation. At least not yet. Maybe in another 5 to 10 years.

Mzoga
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM Mzoga

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:30 am

So if any of you are going to buy this digitally at release (or soon after), make sure you at least go to xbox live rewards -- if you spend $60 in march, you get $6 back in credit.

RubbrDuckE
Contest Loser
Contest Loser

Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:16 pm

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:47 pm

We got some information about our new squad mate from the Helius cluster today. Again, we are 100% in spoiler territory now so don't click on anything anymore if you're concerned about spoilers at all. Don't blame me for opening this spoiler.

Twisted
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Twisted GT

Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:37 pm

Jaal punches people in the face and then hugs them right after? We gonna be friends.
If you think we're a rolling double kill.. come get it.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Dude I am so Pineappling excited for Jaal and the Angara. I'm so excited about being with a culture that's so emotionally expressive.

CrimsonDroid
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: xCrimsonDroidx

Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:09 am

I can't wait to play this game. Its been so long since I played any of the Mass Effect games and honestly don't even know for sure if I played 3 at all lol. I installed it and have played a little but nothing seems familiar yet so I am guessing I missed it somehow when it originally released. I'll have to grind it out a little more and then maybe just watch some videos on 3 to catch up before Andromeda drops this Thursday for the 10 hour trial.

Sig inspired by Mauro Fire

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:18 am

One of the best things about Bioware and Mass Effect, the lines lol
Just remembered beating up the news reporter from watching that :P

Sig by TuffJuice

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:09 pm

Okay. Embargos are coming down so here's a bunch of stuff.

The Mass Effect youtube channel posted a gameplay video on multiplayer, setting up a match, some of the available characters, and some gameplay:

YouTubers are posting about gameplay. Minius highlighted ten abilities he liked and MassEffectFollower showed off all 24 active abilities:

IGN posted a First video about our Krogan squadmate:

Various publications have been allowed to post the first 45 minutes or so. Gamespot modified Sara's face, so you can see how it affects Alec, her father. It looks pretty cool to see your family's appearance based off your own.