brickfungus
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Title: Owner
Gamertag: HWM BrickFungus

Re: The Division

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:12 pm

Cloudnynee wrote:
I'm honestly tired of getting ran over by the hype train with this next Gen. Granted, there has been some really outstanding titles.

all the admins here have stopped pre-ordering completely
THIS SHOULDN'T BE HERE

I'M A LEGEND IN MY SPARE TIME

Waldebie
Contest Loser
Contest Loser
Gamertag: HWM Waldebie

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:17 pm

brickfungus wrote:
Cloudnynee wrote:
I'm honestly tired of getting ran over by the hype train with this next Gen. Granted, there has been some really outstanding titles.

Wise decision, on so many levels
------The La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo?!------

Cloudnynee
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM Cloudnyne

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:31 pm

brickfungus wrote:
Cloudnynee wrote:

I don't blame them, especially with all these screwed up release days. There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to play a game the day I buy it. Although I do understand they don't plan for these mistakes to happen.
Life is simple. You make choices and never look back.

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Swift
Tumblr: throwinsixes

Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:29 am

Thee MC wrote:
I. Am. So. Excite. For. This. Game. Not sure how much time I'll have to play it if I get that job, but there's always the weekends I suppose!

I got your back MC! I've got like two weeks off when the game comes out. We just need to find two more loyal players who won't backstab us and take our loot!

As for pre ordering... your country always makes me laugh with it's whole paying up front for pre ordering games. I pre order everything and it cost me nothing and if the price goes down I'm guaranteed to get the lower price and if it goes up the price stays at whatever it was when I pre ordered it.

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:29 am

Swift Strider wrote:
I pre order everything and it cost me nothing and if the price goes down I'm guaranteed to get the lower price and if it goes up the price stays at whatever it was when I pre ordered it.

It's not about the price. Publishers want you to preorder so they can gauge how much money they're going to make on the final product. Not only that, when you preorder they already have your money regardless of the condition of the final product. By not preordering, we're encouraging publishers and developers to release a working complete product before spending on it.

Yin
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: Yin

Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:31 am

I wasn't too happy with the Alpha. Hopefully they'll use the feedback to improve upon it before the Beta; if they don't... I feel a wave of disappointed is approaching (at least for PvP).
Geeeetttttt dunked on!!!

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:52 pm

H3WM il Duce wrote:
Swift Strider wrote:
I pre order everything and it cost me nothing and if the price goes down I'm guaranteed to get the lower price and if it goes up the price stays at whatever it was when I pre ordered it.

By not pre ordering, we're encouraging publishers and developers to release a working complete product before spending on it.

I get that bit and it's a good practice to promote the release of full, not broken games and I understand the model of publishers assuming because you have a pre order they can count on receiving money from you. I just don't get that mode. Because there are plenty of people like me, who pre order the game to reserve a copy, and then if I'm not feeling it or haven't heard or seen good things, I will cancel my order 2 weeks before launch. That's how I see the pre order system working and how many people I know use it, it's just a shame that isn't the case from the publishers perspective.

Darkened_Night wrote:
I wasn't too happy with the Alpha. Hopefully they'll use the feedback to improve upon it before the Beta; if they don't... I feel a wave of disappointed is approaching (at least for PvP).

I actually missed the Alpha. Didn't check my email for like two weeks and when I did had all the emails there only to find out it was already over.

Legundo
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: Legundo

Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:07 pm

I just signed up for the Beta.

I was considering getting this for PC but would end up playing alone, if some other people here are getting it for Xbox One, sign me up too, the game sure looks interesting.

Yin
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: Yin

Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:06 am

Swift Strider wrote:
I actually missed the Alpha. Didn't check my email for like two weeks and when I did had all the emails there only to find out it was already over.

Ouch! I'd imagine there will be much more content in the Beta, so you probably didn't miss out on much. Here's to hoping that certain elements are tuned a bit, the core gameplay was great.
Geeeetttttt dunked on!!!

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:02 pm

via Kotaku

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:15 pm

That first video.. those accents. I love them all.

Zero Shin
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: Zero Shin

Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:22 am

This game is why I got an X-1 day one, I thought the game would be out sooner. I'm definitely down for this game, the whole PVP thing I feel might kill it for me, but i'm taking a risk. Any game where rare and hard to find things are better gotten by killing other players, takes a sharp downturn, I played one of those zombie mmo's for a month or two and - it was a 1% friendly game.

ablesir thomas
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: ablesir thomas

Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:22 pm

I was hyped for the game but it seems they keep cutting content from the full release. no player trading, no Brooklyn, no tablet support. Just not so sure about this one anymore....ohh but we do get micro transactons :p

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:35 pm

I think, as they have said in interviews, they are going for a more realistic style of gameplay when it comes to the dark/qurantine zone. You can go into that are and still have PvE encounters/challenges and find great loot, it's just that you run the risk of running into another squad/team at which point you need to decide whether to work with them or shoot on sight and going with the realism that's a choice/risk you have to take. Do you trust these new people to help you with an encounter, or are you wary of them and shoot them on sight, very much the kind of thing that would happen in reality.

Having said that you could never go into the dark zone/quarantine for the whole of the game and be absolutely fine if that's the choice you want. Or you could go in with your 2nd or 3rd best weapons and keep your best gear locked up in a safe house if you're afraid of being attacked by other players. It's high risk, high reward but no means necessary, just another game component you can chose to take part in if you want.

I do hope they don't drop too much content from the game though. I'm hoping they decide to keep things in after seeing how the Alpha and Beta go.

MimeMonkey
Apprentice GP
Apprentice GP
Gamertag: HWM MimeMonkey

Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:25 pm

Strangely enough this game reminds me of my decision to get destiny. I've never been into mmo's personally, but I thought I was getting a game that be great without those elements.

This has been on my radar for a while but I dont think it's worth the risk at launch
Why say it when u can Mime it