Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Shepard
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: Shepards Clone

Re: The Division

Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:56 am

of course, and Dark Zone keys are special keys that will apparently open up containers in contaminated locations. most seems to be rank restricted though and there are probably more deeper into the dark zone beyond the beta area. but when you die you loose any keys you may have collected

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Swift
Tumblr: throwinsixes

Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:10 am

That makes sense. I haven't encountered any yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were a load in the full game. At least I know I'll have on person to play this game with haha

Yin
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: Yin

Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:15 pm

Activity in the Dark Zone is much better than it was in the Alpha. Players are less predictable and you actually feel powerful once you get the Caduceus. I still think that this game is best played with multiple friends, it's much too slow playing solo.
Geeeetttttt dunked on!!!

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:47 pm

I'm assuming the Caduceus is a weapon of sort?

Yin
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: Yin

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:15 am

Swift Strider wrote:
I'm assuming the Caduceus is a weapon of sort?

Sorry! Yes, the Caduceus is a high-end (yellow) weapon that does roughly 5,000+ DPS with mods on it. It along with the Cassidy (the shotgun) are the two high-end weapons in the beta. If you've rounded up 3,500 DZ credits, take your Agent to the safe house in the north-east part of the Dark Zone, you can buy yourself one there.
Geeeetttttt dunked on!!!

Chuckar0o215
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: Chuckar0o215

Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:15 pm

Got my beta code on the last day of it. Played a solid hour of it, Streamed it on Twitch, Had a lot of fun with it. A few things got under my skin (accidentally going Rouge, not being able to manually holster weapon,etc) but these r things that can change be4 the game comes out. I plan on getting it aswell.
ImageImage

KosKo
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: KosKo

Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:21 pm

Same^ played for a few hours. I dug it a lot. Looting, side missions, story....you make it how you like it. It's going to be hard to get weapons out of the dark sector. I look forward to the challenge.

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:15 pm

MC finally played it on the last day and we had a blast.

brickfungus
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Title: Owner
Gamertag: HWM BrickFungus

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:38 am

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/G ... 9b77a29e11

open beta February 18 to February 21
THIS SHOULDN'T BE HERE

I'M A LEGEND IN MY SPARE TIME

il Duce
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:41 am

Started download, I may be able to get some time in on the last day.

Cheeseball
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Cheeseball

Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:43 pm

Bumping cuz open beta is live now. Has anyone else played?

thoughts
Spoiler: show
Being a cover based shooter, i've been very much comparing the combat in missions to mass effect so far; run down some hallways until you see abundant cover, enemies enter, kill them all and then advance. I'm very interested in how the endgame PvE is going to be, I really have no idea what is planned. I'm also interested in seeing how late game weapons/guns will perform, everything is just a reticle and so far all of the weapons have felt the same to me

In other things it was a fun pick-up, I played a few hours with MC last night and enjoyed it, it feels much more "open-world" than Destiny. The random events (called "encounters") were just basically the same thing as the publics in Destiny, basically do one or two and then you've done them all. I'm still not sure what to think of the Dark Zone, it's going to be so heavily rng based on if you have friendly or not players in your instance, and where all the chests spawn
Helljumpers Old Guard

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:52 pm

I'll get to this tomorrow and over the weekend. Played a bunch already and it comes out really soon so I will try and play some with people if possible.

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Tims

Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:21 pm

I've played about two hours worth with some irl friends on the PC beta, thoughts:

Spoiler: show
So like Cheeseball said, I got a huge Mass Effect vibe from the combat; the cover and moving feels similar and even the use of two abilities at once plus a health pack. That being said it doesn't feel bad or out of place and I feel like it fits very well into the environment. PvE seems very straightforward; the generic kill this enemy or defend this area or get to wherever sort of quest you'd expect. Obviously this is still the beta and they will probably have more dynamic missions and definitely some more interesting story to work with too.

PvP on the other hand has been a pleasant surprise so far and I've found it to be a blast. I wandered into the Dark Zone (which is where all PvP happens currently) with two friends and we just roamed as a unit. You're treated as a non-threat to others upon entering, but firing at other players will mark you as a rogue, which means that when other players look at you they will know you're hostile. After finishing a fight against others (assuming you survive) you have a 90 second timer over your head. At the end of this timer your rogue status goes away and you're back to being a non-threat (you're also rewarded with some Dark Zone experience, separate from your regular experience and levels). When killing another player you can get Dark Zone loot, which you hold in a temporary inventory. To receive the loot and be able to carry it outside of the Dark Zone, you must call in an evac at a marked location, deposit your loot and survive for it to be hauled off via helicopter. If you succeed it'll be added to your regular inventory; if you die then others can loot you and try to evac it themselves. On top of this killing other players and the various Dark Zone NPCs will reward you with a Dark Zone currency which will allow you to buy things from unique vendors.

Overall Dark Zone PvP is my highlight of this beta so far, it's an absolute blast. You never know how an encounter is gonna go when you run into other players because they can fight you, run from you or just ignore you as you all walk past each other. There's also in game voice chat of course so you get into hilarious conversations will people trying to negotiate things.

Overall I'd recommend giving the beta a try with some friends, it seems pretty fun. I'm still skeptical on purchasing the full product though.
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Navi
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Navi

Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:54 am

Little heads up being playing the Beta on the console lastnight i got in to a huge firefight that lasted about 1 hour there a spot that is so broken in the darkzone where if you are in a team you go up and rouge you just holdout because there only one way up and people have to come up that way to kill you but if you holdout you can out last them that's what a my group did last night but the think was that they started the firefight we ended it because they got sick and bored of trying to get up there and as a result left the area so we could get down and log off.
"We win together we ride together Wheelmen for life"

"I always dreamed of driving but sooner or later you always have to wake up"

Cruckeyee
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Cruckeyee

Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:48 am

I'm not sure about this game, the premise I find interesting, a more realistic take on a modern day disaster (emphasis on ''more'' realistic, not that it really is). And a four-player co-op is certainly something that tickle mine and many others fancy. But it seems like if you want to get the most out of the game it seems like you simply have to venture into PvP areas, to get the best gear and because you've run out of things to do in the main world.

I don't want a game that teases me with co-op, customization and an intriguing world only to have it point me at a player 20 levels above me, with a gun forged in the ''Meta Inc'' factory and tell me without a hint of irony ''You're going to fight him!''.

The time has come, and so have I