Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Laughlyn
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Laughlyn

Arma2 CO DayZ Mod

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:53 pm

DayZ Mod Website Here

ok so i Pineappling hate zombies. always have. the concept alone both intrigues and scares the ever loving shit out of me. enough of that though, this is by far the single most realistic zombie survival game i have found to date. ive been on about this on facebook a good bit {and also HAT computer gaming... but have broken my ethics for this one} but realized i have not put anything here about it.... DAMNIT GRASS!!

anywho so this is the scoop. you begin washed up on this island in russia where a plague has made zombies who have eaten basically everyone. a rather small island of only 225 square kilometers littered with forests, farms, villages, cities and military bases that you can choose to loot or occupy. avg server size is 50 players max {ive seen between 40-100 though} and from most of what i have seen most players tend to kill on first contact before you can kill them and take their stuff. your player transfers with gear and location between all servers, but death is permanent ie- if you die you will start over and have nothing again on all servers. day/night is based on the GMT of the server {some have been adjusted from base location time to allow later players a chance to play the game with daylight}. nighttime is scary as hell. i mean you can use a flashlight or road flares... but then the zombies just all kind of come to you. this life i have survived nearly 10 hours and id bet over half of that has been by crawling prone on my belly. im tired of typing about it and cant wait to get home and play it some more, so ill link a few vids that explain some of it better than i will.

First Impressions

Basics

other players

anywho if anyone else has this or is interested lemme know.. i wanna get some more people running around in this is they like this stuff. if so feel free to add me on steam hwm_laughlyn ::thumbs::
brickfungus wrote:
we recruit based on personality and not talent (look at laughy)

Spectre o UK
Wheelman
Wheelman
Gamertag: Spectre o UK

Re: Arma2 CO DayZ Mod

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:51 pm

I'm waiting for Arma 2 to go down a little bit in the sale before I pick it up, that said, if it doesn't drop in price a little by the final day of the summer sale, I'm buying it anyway, so I'll definitely be on DayZ :P
I'd love to see a group of us on this.

Cruckeyee
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Cruckeyee

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:31 am

I'd get it, but it needs a computer from Thor himself to run properly.

The time has come, and so have I

Yozi
Gunner
Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Yozi

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:15 am

WatchGrassGrow
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Grass

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:25 am

If it goes on one of the flash sales again, I'll get it. If not I probably won't... Spent enough already.
You just read this incredibly tiny text for no good reason, and have nothing to show for it.

Proud Sponsor Of: M3CH4 N1NJ4, Thee Jazzy

HWM Jedi
Wheelman
Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Jedi

Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:37 pm

If anybody was wondering, you can now get Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead right now on Steam for 17.99 total. Yesterday they were 15.99 each...so if you are going to play this Mod which requires both, then now is they time to buy it and save yourself almost half the cost.

ConsumedFever wrote:
LIES!!!!!!

Spectre o UK
Wheelman
Wheelman

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:17 pm

Just installed the mod, waiting for the Arma II servers to come back online :D

Apathy
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Apathy

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:14 pm

Just bought this game, gonna let it download, I'm gonna get the DayZ mod too, soo, if you don't have me already, add h3wmapathy

Spectre o UK
Wheelman
Wheelman

Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:18 am

I hat the inventory system in arma 2, I have a gun and ammo for it but for some reason can't shoot or even aim down sights. Confused :P

EDIT: Fix'd it, then promptly died due to attracting a ton of zombies upon discovering it was fixed. Now I have a trusty axe instead.

Laughlyn
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman

Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:02 pm

Yup... inventory system is... different ::evil:: and learning buttons has seriously PINEAPPLE with my head... damn computers.... now that I've figured most of it out I'm having a blast ::flex::
brickfungus wrote:

Spectre o UK
Wheelman
Wheelman

Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Currently pooping myself in the firestation in Elektro. Tried escaping but it ended up leading to several stand-offs with zombies where I used up much of the ammo I had scavenged earlier. Did find a ghillie suit though, in a church :shrug:

Laughlyn
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Lolwut?!? After playing with apathy ending up with a broken leg the other day I ran a fair bit to the jorthern giant ass military base and looted it single handedly ::flex:: ..... then got ate on the way back after running into a group of dead at a deer stand trying to shake one, and had my own leg broken (for the third time in one freakin hour!)
brickfungus wrote:

Spectre o UK
Wheelman
Wheelman

Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:11 pm

Laughlyn wrote:
Lolwut?!? After playing with apathy ending up with a broken leg the other day I ran a fair bit to the jorthern giant ass military base and looted it single handedly ::flex:: ..... then got ate on the way back after running into a group of dead at a deer stand trying to shake one, and had my own leg broken (for the third time in one freakin hour!)

I keep getting my leg broken from clipping through windows in towers :(
Finding morphine can be a nightmare sometimes