Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:15 pm

Discuss tactics and such for the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer portion. Spoilers are allowed in this thread, but if you must reference story points, please use a spoiler tag.

Mass Effect 3 General Discussion
Mass Effect 3 Story Discussion
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:17 am

Credit Farming
(averages)
Gold: 70,000CR per 30minutes + 300,000EXP
Silver: 30,000CR per 22minutes + 200,000EXP

I've been trying to think of ways to get the best credit to minute ratio in multiplayer and I think I've came up with a really good setup. Here's what you want to do,

Difficulty: Gold
Enemy Type: Geth
Map: For Gold I would recommend a large map but on silver you should pick a small map and power through it.
Build: For this to work effectively especially on gold you're going to need players which have the quarian engineer unlocked so you have sabotage which will allows you to hack geth primes so they fight each other buying you time. Your other squad mates should be made up with high level characters with the overload ability and energy drain as these combine to create tech explosions which are extremely effective at crowd control. The class I run with is the Salarian which has Energy Drain maxed out which allows me to strip shields off multiple enemies at once while instantly giving me full shields, on this class I also have decoy which draws all fire from the enemy. If you have the Salarian infiltrator unlocked this is a huge bonus for your squad as not only do you have energy drain but you're able to carry a widow sniper and use invis to do a lot of damage to geth primes. The Turian with overload + widow is also useful.

Strategy:
You typically want to pair up where each pair is made up with one person with overload and the other with energy drain with at least one person in that pair having either sabotage or decoy. Paring up also allows you to control spawn points of the enemy preventing you from getting flanked. As for weapons you want light weapons so you're able to spam powers as you want constant tech explosions which also stuns the geth. However having one person use the widow is a massive bonus as you're able to fire through geth pyros making their tanks explode :p

Reactor:
For this map you want the Salarian with decoy + energy drain to head right off spawn with a player with overload with a heavy pistol with bonus ammo if you have it. This player stays back looking at the ramp which is where the Salarian guy spams decoy.
The other two guys on your team just run forward off spawn to the elevated cover which is where the person with the widow should stay with support from the 4th player. Remember to have the combination of overload + energy drain in each pair.

I searched alone last night on gold against geth and ran into some awesome randoms which knew what was going on, they didn't have mics but had great awareness and we managed to do gold back to back. This netted us 140,000CR for less than 1 hour of gameplay.

I will do something similar for Cerberus but don't have any ideas on reapear gold as there's banshee's everywhere D:

Sig by TuffJuice

OboeCrazy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: OboeCrazy

Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:32 pm

BK, seeing you in action the other night running that strat proved how effective it was. On silver you and Yozi just cleaned up!

I gotta unlock more characters, and I'm looking forward to playing more MP with you guys and coming up with similar strat for Reapers and Cerberus.
This sig available for rent.

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:00 am

Another map which is really easy for Gold Geth is Firebase White. The area you want to lock down on this map is the bottom of the stairs as there's only two entrances into this location. You can more be liberal with your squad powers on this map as long as someone has decoy which can block enemy advancement through the bottom door and someone else with overload for those tech explosions.

We had an Asari Adept last night which worked rather well but it's not as effective as the god squad setup but that can get boring so this map allows for different playstyles. It should be noted that on our team we had a total of 15 cobra missiles between us which you don't really need until wave 9-10, especially if it's "there's high value personal in this area".

Managed to get the Claymore IV last night which I don't want, game why you no give me black widow? D:

Sig by TuffJuice

The1 NinjaKitty
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: The1 NinjaKitty

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:17 pm

I've also unlocked the Salarian Engineer and Quarian Infiltrator. If anyone is looking to go into multiplayer with this tactic I'd love to buy some more spectre packs!
"Don't talk smack, just carry harder."

Kitty's Happy Place

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP

Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:14 pm

OcR NinjaKitty wrote:
I've also unlocked the Salarian Engineer and Quarian Infiltrator.

Finally, someone else with the Salarian Engineer :D

Sig by TuffJuice

OboeCrazy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:57 am

I'm gonna jump back into Multiplayer again. Would like to build some characters for a few Gold runs. Let me know when y'all want to play.

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP

Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:09 pm

So apparently you can create a LMG class in multiplayer.

Geth Pulse Rifle, which has a very high rate of fire as well as being very accurate.
Turian Solider with the ability marksman doubles the rate of fire as well as giving extra damage.

So combining both of those means you pretty much have a light machine gun so you can hose down enemies in seconds, having so much fun with this build.

Also for the Geth Gold squad having two Adepts alongside two salarian Engineer's works just as well as the adepts can spam throw + warp to get biotic explosions which tears through Geth Primes.

Sig by TuffJuice

WatchGrassGrow
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Grass

Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:07 pm

I think the BioWare blog got too many hits, and it borked but there's a new "Challenge" out apparently.
Let's see if we can get a squad together to get it done though.

The very first N7 Challenge has been announced! Read all the details at http://bit.ly/yvGQkn

Operation: Goliath
Citadel Allied Command is mounting a galaxy-wide operation to cripple the Reapers’ shock troops: the turian-krogan hybrids known as “brutes.” To flush out Reaper ground forces, N7 teams are deploying to engage the enemy in key theaters. Heavy reinforcements are expected anywhere fighting begins.

Community Goal: Inflict heavy casualties on Reaper “brutes” on March 16th, 17th, and 18th.

Community Unlock: If this goal is met, all N7 squads will be awarded a Victory Pack that can be unlocked the following week.

Squad Goal: Successful extraction from a Reaper-held zone at a Silver threat level or higher.

Squad Unlock: Your squad will be granted a Commendation Pack.

Your allies are counting on you. Now is not the time to let them down.
You just read this incredibly tiny text for no good reason, and have nothing to show for it.

Proud Sponsor Of: M3CH4 N1NJ4, Thee Jazzy

ChiliDawg
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: RedHotJimiPeppr

Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Finally got Salarian Engineer :)

OboeCrazy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:53 pm

WatchGrassGrow wrote:
I think the BioWare blog got too many hits, and it borked but there's a new "Challenge" out apparently.
Let's see if we can get a squad together to get it done though.

The very first N7 Challenge has been announced! Read all the details at http://bit.ly/yvGQkn

Operation: Goliath
Citadel Allied Command is mounting a galaxy-wide operation to cripple the Reapers’ shock troops: the turian-krogan hybrids known as “brutes.” To flush out Reaper ground forces, N7 teams are deploying to engage the enemy in key theaters. Heavy reinforcements are expected anywhere fighting begins.

Community Goal: Inflict heavy casualties on Reaper “brutes” on March 16th, 17th, and 18th.

Community Unlock: If this goal is met, all N7 squads will be awarded a Victory Pack that can be unlocked the following week.

Squad Goal: Successful extraction from a Reaper-held zone at a Silver threat level or higher.

Squad Unlock: Your squad will be granted a Commendation Pack.

Your allies are counting on you. Now is not the time to let them down.

Anyone interested in some silver or gold runs on Sunday? I only work a few hours in the afternoon so I have plenty of time in the morning or evening to kill some brutes!

ChiliDawg
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: RedHotJimiPeppr

Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Guide for Reapers on all difficulties:
Spoiler: show
Biotic explosions.

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP

Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:29 am

I can bring four missiles into this :D

Sig by TuffJuice

WatchGrassGrow
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Grass

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:13 am

So... what you're saying is, you can bring 8 missiles?
You just read this incredibly tiny text for no good reason, and have nothing to show for it.

Proud Sponsor Of: M3CH4 N1NJ4, Thee Jazzy

OboeCrazy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:35 am

SUCCESS!! Last night Kitty and a friend found the rarest of all gems...a random with a mic who was an adult, a nice guy, didn't swear, worked as a team, and had a Widow sniper. ::thumbs::

We ran two Infiltrators (a 20 and a 16), a solider (a 12) and a Salarian engineer with the decoy. The solider was our close combat reinforcement, keeping the husks dead and being the meat shield for charging Banshees. The rest of us just team shot everything in sight. Took a try or two but then we had an awesome run!

I'd love to do it again, maybe tonight? Or tomorrow?

We ran Bronze afterwards just to cool off and Kitty pulled out her Vanguard. There was a a lot of agreement that the Vanguard and Solider were not useful classes on Silver or Gold, but our success made me wonder if we've just been thinking about those classes wrong. They're tanks built to do massage damage, but are usually played as rushing off into danger to go get slaughtered. When our solider hung back and became front line support we could offer him long range cover, and he was a mobile defensive block keeping the squishier teammates at bay.

With Reapers the biotic explosion potential of the Vanguard could be VERY useful...but only if the Vanguard doesn't run off into danger. I might level up my Vanguard and play conservative, see if this strat turns that class from a wildcard who's fun but not useful to a tactical close range strike when the enemy starts to overwhelm.