Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Fable 3 - Game Discussion and News Updates

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:11 am

I picked up Fable 3 yesterday and I'm loving it so far. It took a little getting used to, but I'm so glad they took out the menu system. The upgraded combat system feels a lot more fluid, and I love they way they've worked the leveling system.

As for Trash Talk...

JEDI....GUESS WHO'S GOT MORE CHESTS OPENED, MORE HANDHELD DISTANCE, MORE GIFTS RECEIVED, AND MORE MONEY MADE????

SARGE DOES!!
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

XxxxJammyxxxX
Master Gunner
Master Gunner
Gamertag: XxxxJammyxxxX

Re: Fable 3 - Game Discussion and Trash Talk

Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:11 am

Looking forward to This a lot, Fable 2 was easily my game of the year, so I can't wait to play number 3. I'm a bit miffed as to why America gets it first even though it's one of the very few games actually developed in the UK :(. Still, hopefully I'll get it tomorrow, as it was dispatched sunday (odd I know). I wasn't actually going to get it when they first announced it, but that was mostly because they were screaming about "USING PROJECT NATAL!!!!! (Kinect), but when I found out they had given up on that I got interested enough to buy it. And amazingly I haven't got much of an idea what to expect and I'm not really REALLY hyped, so I'm looking forward to the game not dashing my expectations to the floor in a heap of lots of little expectations (they never did let you lower the price of beer in the inns and get the town drunk in Fable 2 :()

Epical sig by Haut Medoc. Dan, is the man!

Ninja
Master Gunner
Master Gunner
Gamertag: UndeadHank

Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:47 am

::panic:: I WANTS IT ::panic::
BTB Random.

Rogue Sins
Gamertag: Rogue Sins

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:00 pm

This is one of the games that I really wanted, but unfortunately I dont have enough money to get it. But from what ive heard from others, Its defiantly on my wish list.

Chuckar0o215
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: Chuckar0o215

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:20 am

MUST HAZ...

howvever idk if i want this more first or Guitarhero WOR
ImageImage

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:30 am

The game is very broken right now in some parts.

AtomicOreo had to restart because his game failed during "The Game" mission.

My game broke when he and I went co-op during a later mission and I fell off the map and can't get out of it.

I now have to restart my entire game.

Rogue Sins
Gamertag: Rogue Sins

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:49 pm

That sucks sarge. I hate it when i have restart games. But is the coop any good? I watched some videos and it looked like a massive improvement from Fable 2. My friend might buy my old xbox so he can play fable seems how its not for ps3...

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:30 pm

The co-op is really nice. You don't feel bogged down like you did in Fable 2. You and your partner can move about any level that you are currently in freely. As long as you don't leave the area, you're fine. Then the game tells you to wait for your partner, and tells your partner that you're waiting for them.

The co-op for Fable 3 is nice. It's just the random glitches that have been bugging me.

HWM Jedi
Wheelman
Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Jedi

Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:59 pm

Well, look at it this way Sarge...you know better than to rush forward now, and you also know quite a bit about empire building now ::thumbs::

I've been having fun with this one despite the occasional glitch or random missing thing (like the missing D-pad shortcuts while in the sanctuary). It is really fun to play this while in party chat, especially with people who are around the same playtime in the game as you. The constantly updated leaderboards within your friends list makes for some great lols.

ConsumedFever wrote:
LIES!!!!!!

XxxxJammyxxxX
Master Gunner
Master Gunner
Gamertag: XxxxJammyxxxX

Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:22 pm

You know Jedi, you really need to appear online sometimes, I miss your orb floating in my world :(.

Epical sig by Haut Medoc. Dan, is the man!

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:53 pm

My game seems to have broken again. I can no longer collect guild seals by interacting with villagers or through combat.

I found this bug reporting page on Lionhead's site: http://lionhead.com/fable/fableIII/issuereport.aspx

Please fill out their bug reports so they can patch this game. I love Fable 3, but I'm sick of this bullshit.

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:09 am

XxxxJammyxxxX wrote:
(they never did let you lower the price of beer in the inns and get the town drunk in Fable 2 :()

Actually they did, it just wasnt that simple... You could lower the prices at all your shops, thus lowering the price of beer, but that didn't make the villagers drink more. You had to buy a ton of beer yourself and hand it out to the villagers. Took more time than it was worth, not as entertaining as i had hoped, but it was possible.

xxAtomicOreoxx
Heroic Ground Pounder
Heroic Ground Pounder
Gamertag: xxAtomicOreoxx

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:27 am

Well my villagers don't have time to be getting drunk. Not with me running around killing everything and everyone in a town...time for an evil laugh muahahahahahaaaa ::evil:: ::twisted::

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:34 am

Read Lionhead's blog entry about the Fable issues.

They're working on a patch, but they're not giving an ETA on it yet. Oboe mentioned last night that any game updates have to go through Microsoft first, and even though Fable is one of their top titles, it could still take days to weeks to get a patch through after the patch is made. Then, considering the number of issues they'll have to patch, I don't think we can expect a patch until probably mid-November at the earliest.

I expect them to definitely try to patch as much as possible about the game before Christmas, because they can't afford a lot of negative consumer feedback when the average gamers get their hands on it. No matter what the official reviews say, if the word-of-mouth story on Fable is that it's a broken game, no one is going to recommend that their friends spend their xmas money on it.

*crosses fingers*

At least I hope so...

xxAtomicOreoxx
Heroic Ground Pounder
Heroic Ground Pounder
Gamertag: xxAtomicOreoxx

Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:56 pm

Well, just like any other game that's JUST been released, it should've been obvious that Fable was going to have a few bugs here and there. Regardless of that, I wanted ma Fable 3 lol.

Yea, I can imagine that it'll probably be sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas that the patch will actually get on Live. I have no problem with waiting. It'll just make me want to play even MOAR!