Get in the Hog if you want to live!

VooDoo
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM VooDoo

Re: Intro: Speccy88

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:45 am

Welcome to the Community! Glad to see you made it over!

Mauro Fire
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Mauro Fire

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:49 am

Welcome, I too am a huge fan of Final Fantasy all the way up to 10. I have not enjoyed other beyond it. I'm in the fence about XV.

M3CH4 N1NJ4 wrote:
speccy88 wrote:
M3CH4 N1NJ4 wrote:
A Final Fantast fan? Awesome!

Die hard fan. I miss the old turn by turn combat system. I'll probably buy FFXV (soon to be released) but I'm not too sure of what to expect. I'm an old schooler.

I really love 1-6. Its been really difficult to get into a newer FF

speccy88
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: Speccy88

Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:46 am

CINCO wrote:
I love Metallica, grand Cherokee is an interesting choice since mode people say wrangler when talking jeep.

What electronics project are you most proud of?

I live up north in Canada and weather conditions are often bad. Having a 4x4 really helps to travel safely in the winter. I also travel a lot for work and the 2 airport I use the most are located 4 and 6 hours away from home. The Grand Cherokee would offer comfort for long drives and have good off road capabilities. The Wrangler is really nice to have fun with but most people I know that have one says it's not so well insulated for the winter and is not comfortable for long drives on the highway because of the flat windshield.

For the electronics projects, I say the ones I'm the most proud of are probably the robots I made with my classmates for competitions while I was at University. When doing these competitions, we had to record silly videos for the machine presentation, they are on youtube (sorry it's in French). They were presented just before doing the competition, so it was more like a teaser, you don't see the robot too much in the videos :

These days, I'm having fun doing home automation with custom software I'm writing in Python on a Raspberry Pi to control lighting, water sprinklers and all sort of stuff in my house and yard. I'm putting my code on a github repository : https://github.com/speccy88/Domotique2/

I also work with another guy on an "automatic liquor shots dispensing machine".

speccy88
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: Speccy88

Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:49 am

Mauro Fire wrote:
Welcome, I too am a huge fan of Final Fantasy all the way up to 10. I have not enjoyed other beyond it. I'm in the fence about XV.

M3CH4 N1NJ4 wrote:
speccy88 wrote:
M3CH4 N1NJ4 wrote:

Die hard fan. I miss the old turn by turn combat system. I'll probably buy FFXV (soon to be released) but I'm not too sure of what to expect. I'm an old schooler.

They were fun, but quite hard too. I remember way too much in FFI and FFII walking in an area I should not have gone and getting slain in one hit by the monsters :)

M3CH4 N1NJ4
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM M3CH4 N1NJ4

Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:59 am

speccy88 wrote:
Mauro Fire wrote:

M3CH4 N1NJ4 wrote:
speccy88 wrote:
M3CH4 N1NJ4 wrote:

They were fun, but quite hard too. I remember way too much in FFI and FFII walking in an area I should not have gone and getting slain in one hit by the monsters :)

FFII was so amazing for me. Its gameplay was punishing for its time. So long as you didn't cheat.

Also, might I suggest an avatar?

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/b/b1/ ... Sprite.png

People I owe sodas: Sarge, Duce, Brick, Waldebie

Wiggles
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM The WigL

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:35 pm

Welcome! Look forward to catching you in game sometimes!