Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Re: Spartan Dads introduction and invitation for mixer this Friday.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:10 am

Hello again!

We honestly didn't know we matched you guys until Twisted asked after he encountered you twice if we knew someone named "vuris." I'm glad to see that a bunch of the Dads (and mom) we played with were with you all last night. Apex 7 is a big map and you all successfully flanked us multiple times, taking our armory and consistently threatening the Spire.

We had a mixed lobby with a lot of new people, but the next time we meet up like that we should definitely call truce and work on jumps.

I think we can make something work next week. We need to gear up for a special stream next weekend and bringing in players we don't play with very regularly would be helpful for what we're trying to do.

We're about to release expanded guides for each of the squads, so I will make sure you all see them when we post them, hopefully in the next day or two.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Muffin
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Muffin

Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:26 am

Yes! Was just telling Sarge how I'd love to get in more games with you guys!!

As for anti farming techniques, the best solutions that I've found have involved sending scout warthogs en masse to their side of the map and making a bunch of them leave the farming grounds to go find the people. Spawning camo and sneaking out to cap an armory has also worked in the past

vuris
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: vuris

Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:52 am

Guys, we all had a blast. We were having a great time running around trying to figure out what your next move would be. It was also fun to see from the other teams perspective how those tactics work. Whatever works for you is perfect for us. Maybe the following week, if you guys are slammed right now. We just love playing with you guys, and we, as a company, are getting a bit more mature in how we organize events, etc.

What day of the week do you think it might be? I'll let our company know and start working on a schedule again. In addition, a few of our guys REALLY wanted to grab some custom maps from you guys. We've got some great designers and creators over here as well, which you're welcome to check out.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:11 am

If possible, we could play twice next week. We have an event, Mastery Monday, where we play a few games and then look at film and offer feedback. We could expand the event to two lobbies and work with some of your people. I like the idea of four of us playing in your lobby and letting you all lead and offering feedback as to in-game communication and coordination calls.

Additionally, we need to practice for a stream, so we could do another rolling rotation with your people later in the week, possibly Thursday.

vuris
Role Unknown
Role Unknown

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:22 am

Now THAT would be amazing. We probably have enough folks to field more than a single team if that's what you'd like. I'm pretty sure we could get a minimum of 16 folks, so two teams of 8, to partner with at least two teams. In truth, probably more than that. Really up to how you'd like to handle it. We're pretty flexible like that. Let me start the conversation on our side as well, but thank you VERY much. I'll set it up as both Monday and Thursday. 8pmET again, or later?

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:24 am

For Monday, let's plan around one lobby at 8 and one at 10. We'd play for an hour and then watch those games in film.

Let's coordinate Monday through this thread: viewtopic.php?f=115&t=15524#p167971

Jazzy
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Jazzy

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:37 am

this was us last night when we ran into you guys.
I do not sponsor recruits for clan status

vuris
Role Unknown
Role Unknown

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:45 am

That's fantastic.

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Swift
Tumblr: throwinsixes

Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:16 am

Man I'm gonna miss out again? I will get some games with you guys one day!

Twisted
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Twisted GT

Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:51 pm

I'm so sorry! We have this rule called the "first four rule" designed to make sure we don't get caught off gaurd after a long night of playing randoms. Basically we treat the first four minutes of every game as do-or-die. Once we have bases and can get setup, we are allowed to slow down and breathe. I totally didnt recognize you, sorry for killing you twice :/
If you think we're a rolling double kill.. come get it.

vuris
Role Unknown
Role Unknown

Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:08 am

Guardian wrote:
I'm so sorry! We have this rule called the "first four rule" designed to make sure we don't get caught off gaurd after a long night of playing randoms. Basically we treat the first four minutes of every game as do-or-die. Once we have bases and can get setup, we are allowed to slow down and breathe. I totally didnt recognize you, sorry for killing you twice :/

I was just happy I remembered to look in the tunnel behind our base. Imagine my surprise when I got there and you guys were staring back at me from behind that rock. All good man!!! Glad we caught up again, and even happier to report that we've got plenty of folks interested, and we're collecting that list right now of folks who will be online and ready to play. I'll bring the player listing over to the event thread, but I wanted to say it was a privilege being crushed while I danced.

Anubis02R1
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: SD Anubis02R1

Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:11 pm

Another Spartan Dad checking in (SD3 to be exact) I just spent the last half hour reading your tutorials and what not and I'm beyond excited to gain some knowledge and experience working with the HWM.