Get in the Hog if you want to live!

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Friend needs training

Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:29 pm

My friend Sir Waide added himself to the AB HALOWHEELMEN tag. He's a decent player, but tired of playing as a random. I've taught him the callouts for adrift, abandon, longbow, and about half of complex. He's new to playing halo with a team, so don't be shy about giving him orders. He says he loves dominion, so if the dom crew could get him in on some forge sessions, that would be great.

Deadpool MF
Gunner
Gunner
Gamertag: Deadpool MF

Re: Friend needs training

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:57 am

Can someone Point me in the direction to learn the callouts for various maps?

Me and my friends have some for Haven, But they are pretty much madeup, and I have to explain them to everyone who joins us.

Here's what We've come up with.

The big one that confuses people is Narnia. Also I think most folks flip the map vertically in orientation, so it almost looks like a woman's sexual tract. We started by calling Narnia the closet. The closet quickly developed into lots of immature gay jokes, so Within a game someone suggested renaming it, So I suggested the pantry, then my buddy said Wardrobe, and another buddy of mine piped in with "LIKE NARNIA?"

And its been Narnia ever since. So basically, Everything starts at Narnia, The opposing side of Narnia is Mohawk, which from what I can tell is a pretty standard name. Then you take and judge everything else based on left or right of that Narnia to Mohawk site-line.

The middle/center is the only other call-out you really need. Then you can describe every single position quite quickly, without people having to remember numbers in their heads, Like Lift 1 or Landing 2...

We just say, Left corner, heading to center. Or Right Side heading to Mohawk...

But basically I'm more or less posting this so you all know, Whatever yuour callouts are, I will try to learn them, EXCEPT for Narnia.

I will not budge on Narnia.

Slagathor

Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:24 am

Deadpool MF wrote:
Can someone Point me in the direction to learn the callouts for various maps?

Me and my friends have some for Haven, But they are pretty much madeup, and I have to explain them to everyone who joins us.

Here's what We've come up with.

The big one that confuses people is Narnia. Also I think most folks flip the map vertically in orientation, so it almost looks like a woman's sexual tract. We started by calling Narnia the closet. The closet quickly developed into lots of immature gay jokes, so Within a game someone suggested renaming it, So I suggested the pantry, then my buddy said Wardrobe, and another buddy of mine piped in with "LIKE NARNIA?"

And its been Narnia ever since. So basically, Everything starts at Narnia, The opposing side of Narnia is Mohawk, which from what I can tell is a pretty standard name. Then you take and judge everything else based on left or right of that Narnia to Mohawk site-line.

The middle/center is the only other call-out you really need. Then you can describe every single position quite quickly, without people having to remember numbers in their heads, Like Lift 1 or Landing 2...

We just say, Left corner, heading to center. Or Right Side heading to Mohawk...

But basically I'm more or less posting this so you all know, Whatever yuour callouts are, I will try to learn them, EXCEPT for Narnia.

I will not budge on Narnia.
These are the base mlg callouts that yozi posted around launch if you care to learn them: viewtopic.php?f=131&t=14250. As far as im aware there isn't a thread depicting the wheelmens specific callouts for various maps; If you want to pick those up then i recommend you get into one of our competitive parties, sarge, duce and twisted are your best bets there.

Ninja
Master Gunner
Master Gunner
Gamertag: UndeadHank

Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:40 pm

I suggest just playing with really competitive players or watching streams to learn small map callouts :P Learned the ones for Haven pretty quickly.
BTB Random.