Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Red and his P90
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Red and his P90

Re: This just in: Choppers don't count

Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:45 pm

At the end of the day, people will always get around what is intended to be, for better
or for worse, in anything in life. The only thing any of us can control are our own actions
and the company we keep.

~Loki~
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Loki Kola

Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:17 pm

Wheels36 wrote:
There's nothing specific that stops people from holding the objective. Yet objective holders still get punished. Your argument is that they shouldn't be punished, because it's within the specifications of Halo 3.

They AREN"T punished by Bungie. Only Halocharts.

Bungie doesn't punish them only because they CAN'T. Shishka has posted several times saying that, if he could do so within the framework of Halo 3, he'd ban not only objective holders, but also trash talkers, t-baggers, and HLG-type players.

Something I've always thought was interesting, is that in every game I've played with a Bungie player, it's impossible to tea-bag them. Not that I've tried to, but if they die within ten meters of another player their body disappears right away, and if they someone comes near their body after they're dead, it disappears.

If you're going to masturbate, please don't do it verbally.

Imt: A very rare species of sea creature, that tends to live on peoples faces. The only living one at the moment is currently occuping houdini's face.

Wheels36
Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Wheels

Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:22 am

Shishka has posted several times saying that, if he could do so within the framework of Halo 3, he'd ban not only objective holders, but also trash talkers, t-baggers, and HLG-type players.

Doesnt surprise me anything that man would do.

Whats so bad with HLG? Killing to get the lead and hiding is a legit strategy and sounds fun although i can only remember a few instances of it myself. If the issue is they are hiding in out of reach 'glitch' places, such as the safe room on construct, I think its douchebaggery...but then again its a fail on Bungies part for not closing up those loopholes in the map.

Something I've always thought was interesting, is that in every game I've played with a Bungie player, it's impossible to tea-bag them.

I honestly dont get why ppl get so pissed at t-bagging. Its a virtual character crouching repeatedly. Its just something funny to do when you kill someone in an amusing way. If someone mongoose splatters me or something and t-bags me, I'm gonna lmao as well. Then you got the folks who run around t-bagging EVERY single player they kill to assert their dominance. They make me laugh too because they are douches and take it way too seriously.

Red and his P90
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Red and his P90

Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:28 am

Wheels36 wrote:
I honestly dont get why ppl get so pissed at t-bagging. Its a virtual character crouching repeatedly. Its just something funny to do when you kill someone in an amusing way. If someone mongoose splatters me or something and t-bags me, I'm gonna lmao as well. Then you got the folks who run around t-bagging EVERY single player they kill to assert their dominance. They make me laugh too because they are douches and take it way too seriously.

All perspective. Just as it makes you laugh, some people find it offensive. Everyone has their own set
of right and wrong, funny and upsetting.

Dthen
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: Dthen

Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:07 am

Wheels would it be okay for me to severely glitch the game so that I was invulnerable, because I could?

Not that I can, but presuming I could, I would only be playing it the way it was made.
1/3 of H3WM.

Syience
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Syience

Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:23 am

severely glitch =/= the way it was made.
Spoiler: show

HWM Jedi
Wheelman
Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Jedi

Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:23 am

Unless you alter game code or hardware, you are playing it the way it was made apparently. Glitches are part of the game. They are in the game as it comes from the manufacturer. By your rules Wheels, as long as a person doesn't change either the programming code for a game or alter the hardware the game is played with, they should be allowed to do it and face no organized punishment at all. You can't have half of it without all of it, that is one piece of knowledge the American legal system should have imparted into anybody who has ever even heard of half the civil suing cases brought before a judge here in he states.

Just because there is no reasonable way to prevent people from misusing somthing doesn't mean it is okay to misuse it. If the majority of the Bungie staff say "Don't do that!", then people should know that they shouldn't do it...if they proceed to get banned because of it, then that is their problem. It is the same reason why we have laws in general. Just because you car can go up to 112 mph doesn't mean you should drive it that fast (even if you believe you can). Just because there is nobody who can stop you doesn't mean you should steal from the local corner store or grocery store. The capability to do something does not render somebody innocent because they did it. If that were true, there could be no rules to anything, because how would you punish people?

Anyway, this topic was about choppers in Lost Platoon...or how Bungie made a joke about Chopper pansies like the one we sometimes run into on Sandbox. If nobody has anything further to say on that matter, then perhaps this should be branched off into another topic if this discussion is considered important enough to keep alive.

ConsumedFever wrote:
LIES!!!!!!

~Loki~
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner

Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:14 am

Yes, I agree with Rogue Jedi. If we're all done here, let's get back to Choppers. If someone wants to discuss this further, they should get an admin to split the topic for them. Though, I don't believe the admins will look very kindly upon discussion of that sort.

Heck, this thread could probably be closed, because the original premise behind it was that Bungie were going to ban their use on Lost Platoon, and that turned out to be a joke.

So...?

Imt: A very rare species of sea creature, that tends to live on peoples faces. The only living one at the moment is currently occuping houdini's face.

Penny is wise
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Penny is wise

Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:43 am

Early rounds of FF Hog is better than Chopper, once you start having Black Eye and Tilt and that double health one the Chopper becomes better.

Choppers cannons are not affected by Tilt because they are a Covenant Weapon and you could splatter anything besides a Wraith even with Double Health.

~Loki~
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner

Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:02 am

That's Mythic you're thinking of, Pennywise. Double health = Mythic.

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:26 pm

I like having a hog running with 2 choppers (one of whom carries laser, preferably the most conservative driver). That way, the hog can clean up "soft" targets like grunts, jackals, those PINEAPPLING BUGGERS, or the brute without shields...

crunchUK
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: a3ec

Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:31 pm

~Loki~ wrote:
Yes, I agree with Rogue Jedi. If we're all done here, let's get back to Choppers. If someone wants to discuss this further, they should get an admin to split the topic for them. Though, I don't believe the admins will look very kindly upon discussion of that sort.

Heck, this thread could probably be closed, because the original premise behind it was that Bungie were going to ban their use on Lost Platoon, and that turned out to be a joke.

So...?

Threads by crunchUK = Success on all fronts ::thumbs::

~Loki~
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner

Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:42 am

So you intended that all this should happen? How very droll.

Also, God dammit it sounds like the Choppers in ODST are totally awesome. Now I can't wait to play it... but I can't. :(

Play it, that is.

Penny is wise
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Penny is wise

Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:55 am

Duce once all the skulls are on having 4 Choppers is easier than a hog and 2 choppers. And it makes for some epic lols if you splatter your friends chopper by accident lol.

crunchUK
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: a3ec

Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:07 pm

~Loki~ wrote:
So you intended that all this should happen? How very droll.

Also, God dammit it sounds like the Choppers in ODST are totally awesome. Now I can't wait to play it... but I can't. :(

Play it, that is.

Not really, i genuinely missed the part about it being a joke. Just saying my threads are teh eventfuls even if they do upset a few people