Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Luv Gunn
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Luv Gunn

Exgage Omni BTB

Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:01 pm

As some of you know Exgage Omni is a team based 1v1 gametype. The traditional Map requires 4v4. Each team has 4 starting spawns separated in different areas of the map pitting them against one member of the opposing team... each area has designated weapons, ie the big open area is where the snipers spawn and the mid sized area is the BR and small area is the sword arena.

1 minute rounds with 7 rounds total... highest score at the end wins.

ANYWAY, I'm working on a BTB version of this with vehicles. I'm debating what weapons and vehicles to use. I'll be using sandbox because of its size but I'm not set on weapons and vehicles as some vehicles require a lot of room. IE Scorpion Tanks or Gauss hogs... Maybe they don't require them but they are better out in the open.

So, here are some requirements:
Must have NO MORE than 8 events or less if doubles matches occur like warthog matches etc
Must be a legitimate weapon or vehicles used in BTB MM (no plasma turrets or Super Hornets)
Must contain no Prowlers because prowlers are fail.

Heres a list from which to narrow down from:
Laser
Sniper
Rockets
BR
Chopper
Warthog (Chain) { 2 slots }
Warthog (Gauss) { 2 slots }
Scorpion { 1-2 slots }
Banshee
Hornet
Mongoose (Race) { 1-2 slots }

I've put a lot of thought into the gametype so just narrow the above mentioned list into 8 slots and I'll do the rest!

Thanks.

Turtle
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Turtle

Re: Exgage Omni BTB

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:18 pm

Prowlers are not fail. =[
3/3 of The Soul-Stealing Trifecta
An A10 Pilot wrote:
i will take this fish and please myself with it

HWM Valkyrion wrote:
TO BOLDLY TROLL WHERE NO TURTLE HAS TROLLED BEFORE

BUfels
Gamertag: BUfels

Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:01 am

Luv Gunn wrote:
prowlers are fail.

::nun::

From the cradle to the grave, it has been a walk of shame.

Jaime Lannister and La Dispute fanboy.

Luv Gunn
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:06 pm

Sigh....

::facepalm::

SO, the prolwer has 3 advantages:
1: Good for Splattering
2: Extremely Stable (nearly unflippable)
3: Extra side seats

Splattering and Stability are meaningless when facing another prowler on this map so the only other pro is the extra side car which would pull other people away from the other slots like chopper, banshee, sniper or whatever. SO, in this gametype, prowlers WOULD be fail as it would neccesitate 3-4 people per prowler team... maybe give the side seat a bruteshot or PP or something...

I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun or ruling out the possibity that there may someday be a BTB Covies variant but for now I'm shooting for the most competive and therefore, most used weapons and vehicles.

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:43 pm

Wraith wars in the sky box with two platforms separated by an empty void.

Sig by TuffJuice

crunchUK
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: a3ec

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:23 pm

Black Knight wrote:
Wraith wars in the sky box with two platforms separated by an empty void.

What he said.

Twisted
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Twisted GT

Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:04 am

i suggest a banshee dogfight in the skybox, a 2v2 br fight in the crypt w/ cover. i reject tanks seeing as they are rarley seen in big team. possibly a hornet and chain hog vs hornet and chain hog seeing as this is a common matchup in btb (avalanch at lower) and coopertaion is required to prevail. laser v laser is only applicable to heavies and sandtrap and i think should be forgon for somthing more team-oriented seeing as teamwork and team shooting are a key element in btb for both groundpounders and vehicles alike. And theres an idea: somthing in which groundpounder(s) and vehicles must work together, though i dont know how that would be accomplished.
If you think we're a rolling double kill.. come get it.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:53 am

I like the ideas going here.

I suggest using Sandbox with the Guardians blocked off. It will give you the room you need.

I am against Scorpion v Scorpion because those battles are usually determined by first shot.

Wraith v. Wraith is good, though it doesn't happen very often in BTB, but it would give people practice aiming with the Wraith, which is useful. You could make the wraiths fight out in the sand, so they could maneuver on uneven terrain and such. (However, Wraiths could cheat by interfering with other battles)

Chain hog v. Chain hog would be sick. Move stuff around on the base floor of Sandbox so they could use cover and the like. It would allow drivers to get creative and see how well gunners can keep up with maneuvers. I also suggest there be bubble shields placed on the map to allow the clutch bubble shield saves. Perhaps even placed near the spawn.

Banshee v. Banshee is definitely something I'd like to see. The Sky Bubble would be cool, but it might be too open. Most Banshee fights involve both teams trying to help their banshee survive, and the Banshees are often forced to break off.

Hornet v. Hornet is good, but I think Twisted has the better plan with incorporating hogs into the mix as well, as a Hornet will often have to deal with hogs as well.

I like the 2 v 2 BR battles. Perhaps you could even consider moving up to 3 v 3. The team that team shoots best is most likely to win, unless it devolves into multiple 1 v 1's and the best BR's win out.

Sniper v Sniper may be important, as it happens quite a bit at upper keyhole, but that's just one map.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

H3WM alistaro
Apprentice GP
Apprentice GP
Gamertag: H3WM alistaro

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:09 pm

I think Omni needs to be more team based as the last tme i played it, it was the opposite and this frusted me as we should have practiced teamwork skills before the ocr scrim.

I suggest that you have one type for pounders and one type for vehicle people, with BR in both. I like the idea of snipers BRs and lasers, but only if it were 2v2 or more. 2v2 BRs would be intresting if there were a rocket in the middle of the map as this will give the teams a goal. Lasers could be good but quite challanging, depending on the map's terrain. Banshee vs Banshee would also be good but again i think it should be team based. Depending on the skill of people playing, Banshee vs a guy that spawns into a custom power up that makes him 1 shot and he gets a laser could be a good idea.

Hope to see the final outcome.

alistaro

Luv Gunn
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:47 pm

Mhmmm Mhmmm...

Good Ideas...

I've considered Vehicles + Ground Pounders vs. Vehicles + Ground Pounders... Some examples are as follows: Hornet + Man Turret w/ Rockets Guy OR Banshee + Missile Pod Guy OR even Hog + Guy w/ Bubble Shield and Stickies but I'm not convinced any of these would work simply based on the 1 minute rounds, available slots for players, limitations of the Gametype for Multiple arenas, and weapons etc. Its not impossible, It just complicates things.

Keep the thoughts Coming.