Get in the Hog if you want to live!

OcR Halfbreed
Heroic Ground Pounder
Heroic Ground Pounder
Gamertag: OcR HaIfbreed

Re: H3WM Training Map

Mon May 04, 2009 5:59 am

i suggest putting a part with an incline so that drivers know what angles they can take and still have the gunner get the shot. many a multikill has been lost due to the limits of the turret

Pengin SkullGod
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman

Wed May 06, 2009 2:23 pm

i love forgeing but i never really am aware of what im making til im done so i wouldnt mind helping in any way and heres a map i made a little while ago with a friend its probly not exactly what your looking for but it might give others some ideas

http://www.forgehub.com/forum/aesthetic ... -halo.html

Capt Fiddler
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Capt Fiddler

Wed May 06, 2009 10:18 pm

Will the training map be set up so that the gunners can practice their aim? I'm just wondering what we'll be shooting at.

I've never done a training map, so I'm excited to play this when it comes out.
I buy books like some people buy shoes.

Lordtac
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: Lordtac1

Sat May 16, 2009 1:22 am

Sand-Box deffinently has all your needs in terms of "terrain" it also has a fairly large budget for you to play with.

il duce has a "open" sand-box you could use, 8th slot on his file-share. I figure if its on his file share he won't mind you using it just be sure to give him some credit.

That sand-box has the guardian blocked off so it can't kill you outside of the safety ring.

so I figure that would be your best bet for a canvas. I can lend a hand if you want. ::thumbs::

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Sat May 16, 2009 9:45 am

That open variant wasn't even mine to begin with... creation credit is given in the description. Consumed and I did re-block them on our own on Sahara, but we were probably better off just using the open variant.

Pengin SkullGod
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman

Sat May 16, 2009 11:23 am

ooooooh i just though of a good target analog for the gunners. pallets they take slightly less damage to destroy i think but you could probly tweak the weapon damage in a custom game to make it so that it destroys them with the same amount of bullets

Lordtac
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: Lordtac1

Sat May 16, 2009 7:27 pm

Alright you said you were looking for a good map for "driving" it would also severly test "gunners"

this maps name is "Quantum" idk where you can get it I only have the name.

Its a roller-coaster like construction in the upper sphere of the level.

It tests warthog drivers turning, and reflexes mostly, when being shot at its extremly hard to stay on the track.

if you tumble once you die.

I've gone through this "rollercoaster" with every capable vehicle "chopper, ghost, mongoose, warthog V1 and V2" the track is barely wide enough for the warthog so if you can make it all the way through your at least a fairly good driver.

iGing3r
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: iGing3r

Tue May 19, 2009 4:34 pm

what's warthog v1 and v2??? reg. and gauss?

Pengin SkullGod
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman

Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:37 pm

ok here is my finished product. along with some details that may be needed for those who may need an explination for the training. (if you use it to train on the chaingun set damage modifier to 200%. also only train 2 at a time on the map otherwise the fusion coils lag and dont explode right) (also ideas about time trails below)
http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=80622300

the map was made entirely by me with some feedback from wheelman and my xbl friends. the first few targets are wooden pallets that have a fusion coil behind them. and these first few targets are marked by blue columns. the next series of targets are mongeese 8 mongeese all randomly grouped near each other sitting on top of red columns and leaving this area just above the track there is a wraith that dies fairly easily if you shoot in the right place. after a series tube corners you find yourself driving out in the dunes again and the first of these next targets is marked with a blue column. these targets are sitting ontop of "block small"s and they are fusion coils. immediatly after those targets the track markers to the left and right are upside down stone plateforms. and the first of theses stone platforms on the right has a fusion coil on top of it, its another target. then the pattern of alternateing left and right targets continues for a small while then the last four targets are sitting one the four different stoneplatforms they mark the track just like the rest of them but the targets are on both the left and right sides. ALSO THE COURSE WORKS IN REVERSE BUT THE TARGETS CAN BE.... DIFFERENT TRYING TO HIT THEM IN THIS WAY.

someone also mentioned the possibility of doing time trials. so i figured i might as well set up some ground rules for if anyone were to start attempting time trials. first off there could be at least 4 different ways these time trials could be sorted. solo driving time trials, solo driving but in the opposite direction around the track, driving and shooting ALL targets, and driving and shooting all targets in reverse. and considering you could do it with either the guass or chain thats 8 different ways the time trials could be sorted. on to the rules.

time would start on the first second that headlamps for the warthog light up rounded to the nearest whole second. and time would end EXACTLY WHEN ALL 4 WHEELS are touching the ground after going through the mancannons and landing on the side of the dune near the beggining. driving outside the course is ONLY allowed if you are trying to line up the shot for your gunner. skipping or bypassing any of the track markers would make that run invalid (targets are not track markers). i dont know how this would work as far as posting but when you would submit your time/run you would use theatre to figure out your time. and you would have to put the video on your fileshare and post a link to it with your time. and then whoever would be in charge of the thread for submiting times would have to confirm times down to .001 seconds. and thats all i can think of to say about this map. thanks checking it out if you do.