Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Legundo
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: Legundo

Secrets of Sandbox

Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:18 am

We all love to forge on it, but there are some secrets we should all know to build the best maps.

1. Starting weapons/scenery/and etc.

Don't get replaced to the CPU budget (the one we CAN'T see).

2. Spawning in yet-to-be-spawned scenery.

Say you have a spawn point, and later in the game, something spawns over that spawn point, blocking it off (just like black kn1ght's HDD map). You will NEVER spawn on that point after the first round, unless another player has always spawned on thet point in the round due to lag. This usually happens to the connection non-host.
Best way to avoid this is to maybe put spawns OVER the spawning objects, so at first you would fall maybe three feet, but after round one you would still be inside the map.

3. Glitched Objects.

The following objects can be spawned after you hit 0 budget, yet they still take away from your budget if they are spawned before this point, so if you can try adding them right at the end.

Single Wall
Double Wall
Collum, Small Blue
Collum, Small Red

These are all I know of right now, and I will add more as we find them (if we find any more).

4. What blocks the cript?

Block, Flat

Hope this helps everybody, as we find more secrets from forging on the map make sure to share them here. ::thumbs::
Last edited by Legundo on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

~Loki~
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Loki Kola

Re: Secrets of Sandbox

Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:27 am

If you kill someone with a Plasma Pistol on Sandbox, then a horde of angry Rattlesnakes will rise from the crypt and give you the E-74 error.

Er... I mean, good job, this oughta help somebody out.

If you're going to masturbate, please don't do it verbally.

Imt: A very rare species of sea creature, that tends to live on peoples faces. The only living one at the moment is currently occuping houdini's face.

Taxman297
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Taxman297

Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:36 pm

Holy ::cens:: I accidently deleted the block that covers the crypt and it took me forever to figure out what goes in their! I found that once it is positioned correctly; you can grab it and drop it rapidly and it will speed-up the process!
::ted::
One of the best father son teams out there: Aldebaran K5 (father) and Taxman297(me).
#1 gunner in Oklahoma ODST>Recon

Legundo
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: Legundo

Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:42 am

More glitched items found, including Walls, Double Walls, and the colored collums.

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:43 am

No my map failed because I used the wrong spawns....
I think I used standard slayer spawns instead of VIP...
::FAIL::

Sig by TuffJuice

Modern Apostle
Heroic Ground Pounder
Heroic Ground Pounder

Fri May 22, 2009 10:23 pm

Hey Forgers,

I was looking for some info, but I don't know if it exists...

I played the Sahara map on a New Member Friday a while back. It was awesome, but I heard that there was a "money glitch." Is this included in the endless walls and colored columns or no? Just wondering, as I am about to embark on a forging journey: remaking one of N64's Goldeneye 007's multiplayer maps, the temple.

Thanks for the help.
-~Modern Apostle~-

Groundpounder, Engineer, Programmer... I don't concern myself with the warnings... only the errors.

RJ
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM RJ

Wed May 27, 2009 7:44 pm

Modern Apostle wrote:
I played the Sahara map on a New Member Friday a while back. It was awesome, but I heard that there was a "money glitch." Is this included in the endless walls and colored columns or no? Just wondering, as I am about to embark on a forging journey: remaking one of N64's Goldeneye 007's multiplayer maps, the temple.

I believe that you are referring to the "glitch" or "oversight" that allows you to place walls and colored columns after the budget has been reached, but not the hard limit. If you have used up all your forge moneyz, but have not reached the hard item limit, you can still place; Single Wall; Double Wall; Collum, Small Blue; Collum, Small Red.
1/3 of the HWM U-Haul Trifecta

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Wed May 27, 2009 7:55 pm

BRs, Bubble Shields, and i think Regens are included in this "oversight"

Modern Apostle
Heroic Ground Pounder
Heroic Ground Pounder

Sun May 31, 2009 7:44 pm

Yeah, I've played around a bit and have noticed what this is all about. Definitely tricky though to place the walls and columns last, as they're so versatile. Thank you though, for clarifying.
-~Modern Apostle~-

Groundpounder, Engineer, Programmer... I don't concern myself with the warnings... only the errors.

Wheels36
Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Wheels

Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:49 pm

i still dont see this oversight everyone is talking about. if i hit zero budget i cant place ANYTHING

Wheels36
Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Wheels

Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:50 am

I have figured this out. On the DEFAULT sandbox, there are budget glitched items. These include:

single wall
small stone column
small blue column
small red column
blue light
red light
battle rifle
brute shot
needler
carbine
plasma grenade
bubble shield
grav lift
regenerator

So you can still place more of these items after you hit $0 budget IF there is already at least one on your map.

Shiska has already stated that budget glitched maps will never make it into matchmaking. What about maps that utilize these items, because the DEFAULT sandbox we play in matchmaking is budget glitched.