Tier 3:
Core capture area
Falcon spawn T3 / Sniper T2

Ideal Player Count: 12
Recommended Gametypes: Invasion
Supported Gametypes: Invasion
Budget Remaining:
Overall: $120
($2845 of which is result of shield doors, vehicles and weapons)
Overall performance: Needs testing.
Split Screen Framerate Rating: Needs testing.

Other Notes:

- To prevent serious framerate issues objects are phased in and out after each tier. For example the shield doors at tier 2 do not spawn until tier 1 has been captured. At tier 3 when aerial vehicles become available a lot of objects are phased out at tier 1 to reduce the total amount of objects on screen.

- Once tier 1 has been captured the elites obtain 1 PlasmaLauncher, 1 FocusRifle, a Wraith and a revenant. The Spartans receive a tank, warthog (chain), 1 set of Rockets and a Sniper. The reason behind the tank being available is due to the elites having the plasma pistol, needle rifle with evade as a loadout which should allow them to counter the tank effectively. The tank paths are quite restricted and the elites are able to scale the mountain for 10 seconds to launch plasmalauncher shots.
If the tank proves to be overpower it will be phased in at tier 3.

- At tier 3 the elites gain a banshee but no new weapons but I'm thinking of giving them a secondary plasmalauncher depending on testing. The spartans gain a Falcon but no addition weapons. This format is a little different to some other Invasion maps but I think it can work.

- After tier 1 the natural path through the main mountain opens up which allows the elites which choose to spawn at their vehicle bay the option to flank. I'm hoping this comes into play when the core is around this area, it also gives another way to flank the tank but isn't noticeable at first. If I were to add another plasma launcher it would be around this location.

Weapons and Vehicles:

Tier 1
- Spartans 1 DMR (may add another)
- Elites 1 Needle Rifle

Tier 2
- Spartans, Tank, Warthog, Sniper and Rockets.
- Elites, Wraith, revenant, PlasmaLauncher and FocusRifle

Tier 3
- Spartans, everything from tier 2 + a Falcon.
- Elites, everything from tier 2 + a Banshee. (considering an extra plasma launcher)

Special Thanks:
-HWM Gorillars for the screenshots + flythrough
-HWM Luvgun and HWM Yozi for map design elements and objective placement.
Last edited by Black Knight on Fri May 11, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sig by TuffJuice

RJ
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM RJ

Re: Titan - Invasion Map

Thu May 10, 2012 9:32 am

I like it from the pictures. Can't wait so hear how it plays.
1/3 of the HWM U-Haul Trifecta

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Thu May 10, 2012 5:20 pm

What would you guys think about giving the spartans a low ammo grenade launcher for tier1 as a pick up weapon?

It shouldn't have a major impact on gameplay but I was thinking that it would be useful at tier 3 if the elites lose their banshee so they would have a chance of taking it out by using the spartans grenade launcher from tier 1 as well as the DMR. I'm not going to do this yet but it's an option.

Sig by TuffJuice

RJ
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM RJ

Fri May 11, 2012 5:27 pm

Eh, I would test it as is before making any modifications. Its an interesting idea, but it is different enough from MM maps that people may not expect it, or welcome a power weapon in T1.
1/3 of the HWM U-Haul Trifecta

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Fri May 11, 2012 11:04 pm

RJ wrote:
Eh, I would test it as is before making any modifications. Its an interesting idea, but it is different enough from MM maps that people may not expect it, or welcome a power weapon in T1.

Yea I agree, I talked to Sarge who mentioned that 2 DMR's are more effective. So instead of trying to do too many things different I gave the spartans an extra DMR as opposed to a grenade launcher which should help the Spartans to defend tier 1 easier as well as giving the elites an effective way to take out their own banshee at tier 3.

Also map name changed to Traxus :]

Sig by TuffJuice