Get in the Hog if you want to live!

El Trocity
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: El Trocity

Invasion: Plateau

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Invasion: Plateau

Hello people of the world!... well, Forge Hub. Welcome to my latest forge project which has been in the works for the past few weeks, maybe even a month. As you can see, it is an invasion map which follows the standard invasion set up, or 'Bungie invasion' set up and has many conventional traits to create a fun experience for both teams and all fire teams.

Attacker spawn/Phase 1

Elites attacking

Neutral ground followed by two low structures split by a terrain pathway.

Phase 2/Phase 3

The Second area of Plateau is split by a great wall. Phase 2 territories are pretty close to the core.

Core Objective

This structure is inspired by the Boneyard Phase 3 objective.

There we go, hope you like the look of it.

Right, we all know that invasion maps need a shit ton of testing and Plateau is no different. I want to get as much done as I possibly can before releasing it. So if you would like to get involved with testing or you just want to play it, send me a message either on Xbox Live or on Forge Hub. Lets bake this cake.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Re: Invasion: Plateau

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:48 pm

I voiced some of my concerns in the lobby with you when I first saw it, but I still worry about the openness of the Spartans' base, the lack of defined areas, a number of verticality and vehicular issues, and the framerate issues. I'm willing to give it a playthrough, but overall I suspect it'll have major gameplay concerns.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

ablesir thomas
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: ablesir thomas

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:14 am

make sure not to burn it lol

El Trocity
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: El Trocity

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:33 am

Sarge wrote:
I voiced some of my concerns in the lobby with you when I first saw it, but I still worry about the openness of the Spartans' base, the lack of defined areas, a number of verticality and vehicular issues, and the framerate issues. I'm willing to give it a playthrough, but overall I suspect it'll have major gameplay concerns.

It does have problems (some I have fixed), but it doesn't have major gameplay concerns. The main problem is framerate, which I am currently working on. I have almost sorted out the Spartan spawns including a complete rebuild of the spawn furthest forward. The verticality isn't a problem, I would say it contributes to the gameplay style of the map. Thanks for the feedback.