Get in the Hog if you want to live!

PirateSolo
'11 HogOff Runner Up - Driver
Gamertag: PirateSolo

Invasion: Devil's Courthouse

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:44 am

Devil's Courthouse updated 4/27/11 (click here to downlaod the map, and then let me know what you think)

Out on leave, a Spartan team is getting some R&R to the tune of hunting for Moa in paradise. While out for a days excersion away from camp, the six of them stumble across a Covinant instilation buried into a rock structure. They set out to do some reconacance only to discover the base is cloaking what appears to be a large ship out in space. Unsure if it is a Covinant Corvette or High Charity herself being hidden for repairs. The Spartans orders are simple, locate a means to destroy the base, steal the technology that houses the cloaking device, and make it out for extraction on the other side of the island. All this with the simple hunting weapons they brought with them, their modified Jeep, and the small bird they flew in on.

Meanwhile... the Elite's are AWOL. Since the Covinant declined their vacation time they decide to take it anyway. For them, an abandoned radar base suites them just fine. They turn on the old facility with enough power to hide their phantom and power the lights. They're sitting down at a card table with fresh stogies in hand and whiskey poured to the tops of their glasses. Just when they get the cards dealt, the alarms go off... INTRUDER ALERT!!!

Devil's Courthouse
normal Invasion settings with phase 1 territories/ phase 2 assault/ phase 3 CTF

Weapons and Vehicles on map

Spartans
weapons- none... they only took the bare essentials to go hunting so what you spawn with is what you get.
vehicles- Warthog Gauss
Falcon found

Elites
weapons- Needle riffle during phase 1 (give a mouse a cookie...) only 1 spare clip
Blueberries (plasma launcher)
Shade Turret
Focus Rifle
Vehicles- Wraith
Banshee

Spartans must first take to the island and claim one of the two territories. They then must take a bomb from the near side of the base and plant it on the opposite side where there are 3 plant locations, As soon as the bomb goes off the base doors will all open up and there is a teleporter which takes you to the top of the base. Use that or find your own creative way to the top, for the Core is located at the peak of the rock. Once there you will have a Bird''s eye veiw of the landing pad the UNSC intends to use to set down a pelican on for a safe extraction. Good Luck... your gonna need it!

So there it is. Please test it out for your friends and leave feedback on how I can make it better. Remember both the Spartans and the Elites are on vacation for this map so try to have as much fun as they would.
Last edited by PirateSolo on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

imweakusee
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: imweakusee

Re: Invasion: Devil's Courthouse

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:33 pm

well i have this saved on my MU now (was hard to do due to no harddrive right now...) i havent looked at it just yet but i will here soon and give ya some feedback

Capt Fiddler
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Capt Fiddler

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:40 pm

I played on this (not with a full party, mind you) last night.

It's nice and open for the Gauss hog, and the core spawns on the summit of this sweet hill in the centre of the map.

I would like to try it out 6v6 in an actual game to see how it plays out.
I buy books like some people buy shoes.

PirateSolo

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:24 am

Ok like any good map I am updating this thing constantly. As I get feedback it changes so...
updated 4/27/11
Last edited by PirateSolo on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imweakusee
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: imweakusee

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:40 am

Vehicle
well in truth(it might just be me) i would exchange the gauss hog for the rocket hog for the main fact that the gauss can fire throughsolid walls and extremely OP in reach. i also suggest adding in a default hog for the spartans and a ghost/revanant for the elites.

Weapons and Spawning
I also suggest that you allow all players to access the focus rifle and plasma cannon. mainly for that fact that if only 1 team is able to spawn by it and get it it seems a little unfair to the others. the same goes with the banshee(didnt check the spawn stuff there but i think its set for a fire team) it would be better if it was set up like the wraith where anyone could access it. This is because if a very skilled banshee pilot cant spawn at the banshee theres a possibility you could lose. a good pilot/driver can make a huge difference in invasion games. The same goes with the power weapons there are those skilled with the focus rifle and those skilled with the plasma cannon if those skilled players cant access the weapon theres a chance the enemy vehicle or enemy themselves cant get the upperhand. so id say put both power weapons at the same spot and include a res_zone at that location. Also i could seem to find the NR i looked all over and couldnt find it.

Small Inconvience for the spartans/Elites
I also noticed i was able to get on top of the place that you blew open the doors with the bomb at. If the sprtans where to take that way down the elites could camp atop that rock with the core and the only way to access it is to jet pack or jump down from above. I also believe the reciever node it a little bit to close to the core. Id say back it up a little bit because if you skillfully do it you can just go through the node, grab the core immediatly, and jump atop the falcon and just ride over to the extraction point. If you move the node back a ways then you make the last phase take slightly longer and it wont be that fast. In a way it makes me think of Spire because you have to get to the top grab to core and go down to the extraction point. The way it is now it seems far to easy to get the core. the only way the elites could stop spartans from getting the core immediatly would be to have someone camp on the reciever node at the end of the third phase so that no spartans could use it and had to take the long way around.

Boundries
I realized that the elites where able to move freely through out the island during all the phases. i dont think this is a good idea. usually as a invasion game goes through after you cap the first phase you "unlock" the rest of the map allowing you to access the map furture(idc if spelled correctly or not). The way you have it it seems like it the elites could easily(if they have the NR) go to the top of the mountain and "snipe" all the spartans as they are comming. and since the spartans only long range weapon is a pistol during phase one they would have way to combat him cause he would be to far away. So id say include boundries for the map so that things like this dont happen

So there are a few things i found that could improvement the map. There may have been more but right now i cant remember them.

PirateSolo

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:43 pm

OK here's defending the idea behind my map. ITS MADE FOR THE GAUSS HOG. I built everything out of rock and glass. The gauss can't shoot through rock, and if your hiding behind glass you deserve to get killed by a gauss. Everything else I am open minded to. The elite spawns are set so that you can spawn on your spawn, at the Banshee spawn, the observation deck where the focus rifle is, or the cave where the wraith is (one could easily move to the deck above the wraith to get the blueberries.

If anyone gets any playtesting please save the films for me Thanks!