Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Fiendwolf
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: omnaerrant

HNG vs HWM REACH Match(Everburn Vets!)

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:27 am

Hey, I was told by Haut this was the place to be to Challenge ya guys so here I am. Now for those of you who cannot remember things from the past year, I am Fiendwolf. (yeah hi, nice to meet cha! :D again. ) I used to be the founder and top dog of an Halo gaming community known as Everburn. Do you guys remember? Well anyhow, after I went into Highschool and got into Band season I didn't have time to run it. So it fell and crashed into pure inactivity. Oh well, ya know what they say, " ::cens:: happens."

I picked up the ashes of Everburn and the remaining embers among it and took them away from the crappy forums of a B.net group and introduced them to finally a professional place that we could do work. So far it's working. (I know you're thinking, "so what?") Well you see, back in the Everburn days we had one little Halo 3 Challenge with the H3WM. We sucked and they rocked ripped us to pieces. ::lol:: It happens. lol

Now the Everburn Veterans would like to have a rematch. At least the ones that still remain. That would mainly be Spoog and myself and perhaps Sergeant Novak. So now with the new Halo: Next Generation crew, we would like to challenge the HWM to a little REACH mix-it-up match. We don't have a specific date, so you can decide that, but we would like to get some time to train so we don't completely fail, ya know what I mean. ::wink:: (like last time lol) So if you guys could give us a bit of time, at least a week or something, that'd be great. Also it doesn't matter who we go up against. you can make it whoever you want. We are a little bit better than our definition of casual back in the old days. I think we might be around your casuals skill now actually. :D

In the HNG team we have at least 6 people who are most willing to come, but that depends on the date of course. Weekends are best and not too ungodly hours of the day too, please. (We got people all over the world so keep in mind those times as well. That would be CMT, EST, GMT, and Alpha time.) And at max we have 8 people so now ya know the numbers fro teams.

Gametype-wise, I was thinking we could do a mix. I know ya guys <3 invasion but we would like not to do just invasion. lol ;) I was thinking a mix of Team Slayer, Bro Slayer, SWAT, CTF, and just for the heck of it, some KOTH as well. And you can throw in Invasion too. :)

Maps-wise, we were at first thinking of doing just the default/DLC maps, but I personally find that boring and just plain bad since some of the maps, suck. (coughHemmorrhagecough) So I was thinking of have some more fun in a competitive way by both sides, HWM and HNG, sharing some Custom Content. We could use some of our custom maps and we could also use some of yours. And then we could trade up links/files so both teams get to know the maps. That way it would be more entertaining and fun.
(How the custom content idea would work in detail in spoiler)
Spoiler: show
I got some pretty decent maps myself, some BTB and some medium/smaller sized. here is the maps I have. Sorry I only have a link for one. That will change, I promise. :P

Ichor - Recommended for 8v8 but 6v6 works just as well I have tried it, a lot. It is a BTB map and it is my version of a descendant of Bloodgulch. It is all the BUNGIE created ones thrown together with a little touch my own. It's good and it works well in gameplay. Both sides are equally balanced. You play this and you will get the old H3 feeling of Valhalla with a slight new feeling of gameplay as well.

Remnant - this is my own map fro BTB. once again 8v8 is recommended but it works well for smaller parties/teams as well. It is a basically a mix of a blown up version of Derelict with Construct thrown in as well as another mix of my own. 3 levels, all easily accessible. There will probably be framerate issues though. Also I'd like to mention the name is mine, my own, my precious. ::twisted:: A link will be added as soon as I get it on B.net.

Dug Out - this is a smaller map that is meant for 4v4. It could work for other gameplay though. It might be crowed with 8v8... probably 6v6 at max. It is symmetrical, as is Remnant btw, and it is where Asylum is built. It's got a unique "U" shape to it. you're guys liked it before. :)

Those are my maps that I have tested out thoroughly and probably the only good ones HNG has up to offer. Unless Spoog has an arsenal up his sleeve I don't know about. I'll add more links for you guys to cehck out the content so you guys get an about equal knowledge of the maps. Feel free to share your content with us so we too can get an about equal knowledge of the maps. (put the links here and I'll get them over to HNG)

So that would be 3 maps from us and if you get us 3 maps that would be 6 games. Then add in a few invasion games on the default/DLC maps and we got a pretty good Match set up.

So? What do you guys think? Wanna go at it with HNG and have a rematch with those old Everburn Veteran geasers? ::lol::

[Edit] ---> I would like to clarify that it would be a competitive match like the last Everburn vs H3WM, but our competitive is just competitive fun. We're not uber-duper try-hards.
We play to win. Playing to win makes it competitive. Winning is Fun. Playing competitively is fun. So yeah, we play for fun.

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Tims

Re: HNG vs HWM REACH Match(Everburn Vets!)

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:55 pm

We're currently discussing this, but we're kind of busy with the HaloCharts BTB Tourney. However we'll try to squeeze you in. :)
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Fiendwolf
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:48 am

Sweet. Thanks Azn. :)

Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman
Gamertag: AH Haut

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:59 am

Azn is Cpt of the BTB team so you'll be in good hands.

As with last time if the Tourney team is too busy the Fuzzy Daises could be rallied.

thoughts higherups?

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:04 am

I say we make a blue thread to see who we've got available, Haut. I say go for it.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Fiendwolf
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Just so you guys know when we're available to get on, it would be a lot easier if it would be Weekends or perhaps Friday. We have "funnsies-game nights" with ourselves on Sundays around 3pm EST, 8pm GMT. I don't want it to go too much later than this because some of our GMT friends like to get to bed. ;)
lol

Fiendwolf
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:36 am

*Pardon the Double Post*

The date I am aiming for this Match to be held is the 24th of July. The time will be 4pm CST, 5pm EST, 10 pm GMT, 11 Alpha.

Is that good for you guys? Did you guys set up a team to go against us? I'd like to set this in concrete so I won't have to keep worrying about it. :P

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:06 am

We do have a bunch of people interested but that date is quite far away so who knows what will change between now and then. However there shouldn't be any trouble of getting 6 members together on our side.

Sig by TuffJuice

Deaf Smith
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: XDG Deaf Smith

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:53 am

Black Knight wrote:
We do have a bunch of people interested but that date is quite far away so who knows what will change between now and then. However there shouldn't be any trouble of getting 6 members together on our side.

I agree with BK. We should have no problem fielding at least 6, even at the last minute.
Post again/bump a week or two before the event as it approaches to make sure/remind. A good number of us will be going for the WheelmanCrack, as our Memorial Hogoff is in July.
#MemorialHogOff
http://twitter.com/#!/halowheelmen
Thanks to HAUT MEDOC for Twitter sig #HAWT

Fiendwolf
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Sweet, thanks you very much. :D

BTW, I <3 you HWM guys... After dealing with a crappy b.net community in the past it makes you really love ones like this.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:01 pm

<3 Fiendwolf. We're all one big happy family here. You're part of it, too. ::collab::
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Monster
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Title: Admin
Gamertag: HWM Monster

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:15 pm

dont listen to sarge, hes a bit...nutty

Ninja
Master Gunner
Master Gunner
Gamertag: UndeadHank

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:27 pm

yeah, always here ;D
BTB Random.

Fiendwolf
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:51 am

Bwo Monster wrote:
dont listen to sarge, hes a bit...nutty

But I wanted to be part of the family... :(

lol ::lol:: ::thumbs::

Fiendwolf
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:49 am

Fiendwolf wrote:
Sweet, thanks you very much. :D

BTW, I <3 you HWM guys... After dealing with a crappy b.net community in the past it makes you really love ones like this.

::hog::
Soon it will be that time. Here is your one week before reminder! :D
Get your pirates together and get ready to pillage!
::arr::