LnP Delphius
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: LnP Delphius

HWM vs. Halocharts 40A

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:36 am

Wheelmen,
Take me to your leader.
I have traversed many a harsh land and inhospitable climate to bring you word...The Halocharts 40th Assault Battalion challenges you to a challenge of epically challenging proportions. We are looking to establish a weekend event 8v8 or 6v6 on community/matchmaking maps with community/matchmaking gametypes. The challenge will be spotlighted on Halocharts, and the victor celebrated with pies in the face for everyone.

If you are interested please respond, I will be back buy this thread regularly to check over the next couple of days and you can always reach me here. I apologize for the lack of clarity regarding gametypes and maps but that is a matter for discussion once we have confirmed you are interested.

Thank you in advance for your time, and I hope we can get something up and rolling.

-Delphius, HC40A High Council, Admin of Foreign Affairs ::mrgreen::

DOM
Legendary Gunner
Legendary Gunner
Gamertag: HWM DOMIN8

Re: HWM vs. Halocharts 40A

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:55 am

This must be where I step in... :)

First of all welcome to HWM! :wave:

I'm sure we could round up some people as long as there will be pies in faces.. :) Are you guys looking for a uber-srsfais challenge or a more relaxed type of affair? We could accommodate either I believe. Glad you stopped by and I'm sure we'll be in touch shortly...
Retired Admin (even though current "leadership" doesn't acknowledge it.)

Luv Gunn
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Luv Gunn

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:31 am

:wave: Hey Delphius! I spoke to Obliterator about a LnP vs HWM match but I think we'll settle for some HC.

LnP Delphius
Role Unknown
Role Unknown

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:39 pm

Excellent, it seems we have established contact. I am eager to see what we can make of this. As far as the seriousness of the affair, that is wholly up to you Wheelmen. In fact, I would say that competition is necessary, and I am eager to get Invasion games rolling of a serious nature. I will go ahead and admit that even if we are going for a "serious" challenge it will be difficult for us to maintain any seriousness in the wake of how awesome it will be to have 40A battling the Wheelmen. Fun is of primary importance to the Halocharts community, and fun is often the result of serious competition. I say we try and walk the mid-line in setting up teams. Our roster will almost certainly be made up of a couple heavy hitters and a couple of thrill seekers in said heavy hitters backpacks.

So, let's get this rolling - the first thing we need is a date that will work for you in the upcoming weeks, preferably on a weekend and preferably at 7-9pm CST. Please come up with a date and I will make the post on Halocharts and form a roster. Then we will decide among council and your leadership upon gametypes and maps.

Sound good? Date and time?

<3 Delphius

(Hi Luv Gunn - that match will still happen - I think the LnP could use a solid whooping to bring us back down, I look forward to it)

DOM
Legendary Gunner
Legendary Gunner

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:26 pm

We can definitely help with an Invasion scrim. We currently have a match against Podtacular this Saturday so we're gearing up for that but, after that we are free. Saturdays have generally worked best and the time slot you mentioned is probably good. The earlier the better as we have quite a few Euros. I'll get with our guys and see what looks good.

LnP Delphius
Role Unknown
Role Unknown

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:35 pm

I'll go ahead and set the match time and date and then? How about a little under three weeks from now? Say Saturday, April 9th at 6pm CST (Is that adequate enough for the Euro fellas)? Hopefully that is a manageable time.

I will have enough spartans to fill two 6-man rosters, will you? If so, how about one highly competitive group and one group for the more casual crowd? If you will only be able to assemble 6 I think we should keep it fairly competitive, or consider 8's.

Please confirm and I will get things OFFICIALLY rolling.
-Delphius

DOM
Legendary Gunner
Legendary Gunner

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:42 pm

I doubt we would be able to field two teams. Since it's Invasion, it will be competitive that's for sure. It's too early to tell if that time will work for everyone but that date sounds about right. I'll let you know when I hear back from the rest of the guys.

RJ
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM RJ

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:38 pm

Can we do Boneyard, Spire, Breakpoint for the "Official Match" then agree to do some testing on Divine Beyond and Uplink?
1/3 of the HWM U-Haul Trifecta

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Turtle
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Turtle

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:45 pm

:wave:
3/3 of The Soul-Stealing Trifecta
An A10 Pilot wrote:
i will take this fish and please myself with it

HWM Valkyrion wrote:
TO BOLDLY TROLL WHERE NO TURTLE HAS TROLLED BEFORE

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Glad to see you finally made it to our boards, Delphius. I've run into you guys a few times in Matchmaking and look forward to an actual match where we can extend pleasantries. ::thumbs::
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

LnP Delphius
Role Unknown
Role Unknown

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:36 pm

OK, so 9 April will not work on our end - how about the first weekend of April, Sunday the 3rd? Perhaps an early afternoon game? Those 6 maps will work - competitive 3/community 3. Let's make it happen. Sunday the 3rd of April, say 2 pm CST??

Give me the go ahead and I will start arranging a team of our best and not-so-brightest.
-Delphius

(thank you for having me Sarge, and YES, we have had some WARS, I look forward to the start of regular events between 40A and The Halo Wheelmen...and I apologize for the over-use of the word "rolling" I just thought you guys might know something about that...)

DOM
Legendary Gunner
Legendary Gunner

Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:38 am

Hey man... I got your message on XBL and I'm running your most recent info by the guys. We got to determine when we can get people online and go from there.

I like the idea of the 3 competitive and 3 community maps. I know we have a few Invasion maps that always could use some quality playtesting on. I don't know if you guys have any or not, or if your even down with that but it would be cool.

The other thing we were thinking about was that you mentioned two teams and also the non-competitive matchup. What would you say about setting up another, more casual get together in BTB? We can set that up for a few weeks after the other or something. Just an idea so let me know what you think.

LnP Delphius
Role Unknown
Role Unknown

Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:39 pm

HWM DOMIN8 wrote:
Hey man... I got your message on XBL and I'm running your most recent info by the guys. We got to determine when we can get people online and go from there.

I like the idea of the 3 competitive and 3 community maps. I know we have a few Invasion maps that always could use some quality playtesting on. I don't know if you guys have any or not, or if your even down with that but it would be cool.

The other thing we were thinking about was that you mentioned two teams and also the non-competitive matchup. What would you say about setting up another, more casual get together in BTB? We can set that up for a few weeks after the other or something. Just an idea so let me know what you think.

::thumbs::
This sounds great. All we need is a date and time for the event, I would suggest that we set both times for the events as soon as possible. We will run Invasion first - 6 games, 3 str8 up matchmaking and 3 community variants from Obi Wan's Cartographer unit. I will get those posted here for your practice purposes ASAP, I'll come up with 4 or 5 and we can decide which 3 we'd like to play. Invasion: Spire, Invasion: Boneyard, Invasion: Breakpoint go without saying.

As far as BTB goes, that will be easy for us to assemble for, we always have enough people on LIVE for a full team, although I will run sign-ups with alternates to nail something down.

I'm going to go ahead and tentatively say that I think we should do Sunday, April 3rd, at 3pm ET for the Invasion Challenge, and Sunday, April 10th, at 3pm ET for the BTB challenge?

Please confirm and I will make it happen on our end.

Thanks!

DOM
Legendary Gunner
Legendary Gunner

Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:52 pm

Saturdays usually work better for us but I will check on the Sunday idea.

LnP Delphius
Role Unknown
Role Unknown

Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:05 pm

HWM DOMIN8 wrote:
Saturdays usually work better for us but I will check on the Sunday idea.

Transition the Sundays to Saturdays at 3pm ET and call it good then?