Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Icebird
Double Mythic
Double Mythic
Gamertag: HWM ICEBIRD

Castle Map Pack Reveal

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:23 pm

Already? Well... yeah I guess. (They didn't show off the Majestic maps until about a week before now they show this one off 4 weeks out?)

Anyway... here it is. Looks like we'll get some mid to large sized maps in this one with the Warthog, Mantis, and Wraith confirmed on the maps. Plus I like 6v6 so I'll be looking forward to this.

Microsoft has announced that the Halo 4 Castle Map Pack will be adding three new maps to War Games in a few weeks' time, with an accompanying 'Castle DLC' playlist supporting 6v6 teamplay and co-ordinated objective gameplay.

Developed in collaboration with Certain Afffinity, the three maps are medium-to-large in scale for vehicular combat and team strategy, and boast nine new achievements for 250 Gamerscore.

Check out the descriptions of the three Castle Map Pack maps below:

New Battlegrounds: Castle Map Pack:
• Daybreak - Two UNSC bases oppose each other in this large asymmetrical map. Teams must split focus between attacking the enemy base while playing close defense to their own. Claim your team’s sniper rifle to cover the central Man Cannon, or grab a Warthog to push through the side channels and flank the enemy base. The Rocket Launcher and Banshee both spawn in positions diagonal to the starting bases; claiming their firepower early is crucial to land the first flag cap or take an early lead in kills.

• Outcast - Controlling vehicle paths is critical in this circular map set in a desert environment. Outcast features frequent Mantis vs. Wraith battles, so teams must keep their drivers informed with constant communication to get the drop on enemy vehicles. While driving the Mantis, you can target fusion coils in tunnels to flush out camping opponents directly into your rain of fire, or cover your flag runner’s dash to a friendly Warthog. If you find yourself without a vehicle, race to the secondary bases to secure a power weapon or drop on enemies for a game-changing hijack.

• Perdition - Blending long sightlines, vehicles, and close-quarters combat, Perdition caters to nearly any gameplay style. Wheelmen and gunners will be right at home in this urban environment as a well-placed Warthog can lock down a quarter of the map, securing valuable ordnances for the team. Learning the interior routes is essential to both escaping danger and finishing off ranged kills. Be sure to look for the Gravity Hammer in Power Station 3 – an ideal revenge weapon against a pesky sniper or a big surprise for an enemy Warthog.

The Halo 4 Castle Map Pack will be out on April 8th for 800 Microsoft Points and will be available as part of the War Games Map Pass. Check out the trailer below.

~ HWM ICEBIRD ~
~ 117 Consecutive Weekly Challenges Completed in Halo: Reach ~
~ 2010 & 2011 Hogoff First Loser ~

Check out HWM ICEBIRD'S Halo Videos!

Icebird
Double Mythic
Double Mythic
Gamertag: HWM ICEBIRD

Re: Castle Map Pack Reveal

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:40 pm

Watched the trailer a couple of times... Could Peredition be a Terminal remake? No really clear views of that map's layout.

And more achievements, yay!
~ HWM ICEBIRD ~
~ 117 Consecutive Weekly Challenges Completed in Halo: Reach ~
~ 2010 & 2011 Hogoff First Loser ~

Check out HWM ICEBIRD'S Halo Videos!

OboeCrazy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: OboeCrazy

Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Terminal was always a favorite of mine. I hope this is more a spiritual successor rather then remake...jetpacks would make Terminal no longer work right. But it WAS a fun map, and it's hard not to think of it when the train on the video wizzes by!
This sig available for rent.

Storm 0ne
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: Storm 0ne

Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:30 pm

Terminal was also my first thought, but the train looks too high above to interact with unfortunately. I'm not super excited about the maps either, but the trailer's got a sweet jam.

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:40 pm

I'm sure they're releasing this early due to the population of the game falling through the floor so waiting any longer would mean there wouldn't be a lot of players buying the DLC. Though I imagine enough people bought the season DLC pass for them to make a profit...

Terminal in Halo 2 was a lot of fun but the game wasn't hitscan so you could move around easily enough, there was no personal ordnance and no jetpacks. The map would be butchered with the mechanics of Halo 4 if it was brought back. I just can't get excited with matchmaking default Halo 4, now Duce's splatterflag I can get behind that :D

Sig by TuffJuice

WatchGrassGrow
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Grass

Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:43 am

Haven't even played a single map from Majestic, and they're already talking about Castle?
Whoopie.
You just read this incredibly tiny text for no good reason, and have nothing to show for it.

Proud Sponsor Of: M3CH4 N1NJ4, Thee Jazzy

Slagathor

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:49 pm

It can't be any worse than crimson. Who knows maybe we will finally get some of that fabled btb objective with this expansion...