Get in the Hog if you want to live!

imweakusee
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: imweakusee

Re: Dominion Discussion

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:53 pm

On Longbow I have found that controlling Bravo isnt always the best decision because its simple for the enemy team to control 2 wraiths and well guard A and C with said Wraiths. i have found that controlling A and C give the best option for map control. The way i have explained it to my friends i play with is this:

right off spawn have 2 people rush the closest base (either A or C) while the other 4 rush the opposite one(Ex. if 2 rush A then 4 go to C or Vice Versa) Once The first base(A) is secured have one of the two get in the wraith and either help secure the opposite base(C) or guard the current base(A). Once we have taken the second base(C) have one of the 4 return to the first base(A) to help defend it and another person take the 2nd wraith which guard the second base(C). So by the time this is done theres a wraith at A and C along with 2 people inside each guarding the base. While the enemy team has strictly B to use. A second option would be to have the 2 people in A and C go on the offensive and take B while leaving the wraiths to guard the bases.

Yardbird92
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: Yardbird92

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:19 am

Qiick question:
for dominion, are the resupply points random or consistent? in other words, is there a designated "rocket spawn" or do we get a resupply that happened to be a rocket this time??

i think this is important for callout purposes and also if you are having trouble maintaining two bases you can focus a defense on one of them based on the weapons supplied(if consistent) and what sort of setup your opponents are using..after you regain stability, you can refocus once again on taking a second base. or am i way off track here..?

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:55 am

There are no designated weapon resupply points. I haven't found any pattern yet to what you get from resupply. Thus far it's seemed pretty random.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Laughlyn
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Laughlyn

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:54 pm

not necessarily true sarge, i could be wrong but it seems the weapon ordinance drops from the resupplies are always in teh same place (but i play while drinking so that could be wrong) EDIT- but yes the drops are very random in contents. also the turrets and vehicles at each base seemed set as well. but again... ive been drinking... -/EDIT and the added bonus of the colored shield doors on resupplies helps to narrow down possible flankers.

i say if you are going to be in a base holding roll {like i really enjoy} then running a cqb loadout is mandatory. i have been shredded multiple times on longbow trying to help take B by a dude with an AR and a hardlight sheild with frags.

in fact ima go make a loadout like that just for dominion...
brickfungus wrote:
we recruit based on personality and not talent (look at laughy)

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:28 pm

Sorry, I meant that weapons resupply at specific spots on, inside, and around the base. However, I haven't noticed a consistent pattern to what respawns at each base though.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

brickfungus
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Title: Owner
Gamertag: HWM BrickFungus

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:31 pm

Sarge wrote:
This gametype is going to require a lot of smart decision-making

laughy is OUT!!
THIS SHOULDN'T BE HERE

I'M A LEGEND IN MY SPARE TIME

Laughlyn
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Laughlyn

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:17 pm

brickfungus wrote:
Sarge wrote:
This gametype is going to require a lot of smart decision-making

laughy is OUT!!

::noway::
brickfungus wrote:
we recruit based on personality and not talent (look at laughy)

OboeCrazy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: OboeCrazy

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:00 am

I wonder if a Dominion night where we pick two maps and vote for them all night long would be good. Focus fire, as it were. Really pay attention to those details like where and when things spawn, what paths are good for hogs and wraith, and futz with loadouts to choose those that make sense for the gametype. If everyone agrees ahead of time to study the callouts for just two maps I think we could make real progress at teamwork.
This sig available for rent.

DOM
Legendary Gunner
Legendary Gunner
Gamertag: HWM DOMIN8

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Should we run a HWM Dominon night?
Retired Admin (even though current "leadership" doesn't acknowledge it.)

Yardbird92
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: Yardbird92

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:01 am

OboeCrazy wrote:
I wonder if a Dominion night where we pick two maps and vote for them all night long would be good. Focus fire, as it were. Really pay attention to those details like where and when things spawn, what paths are good for hogs and wraith, and futz with loadouts to choose those that make sense for the gametype. If everyone agrees ahead of time to study the callouts for just two maps I think we could make real progress at teamwork.

sign me up!

RJ
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM RJ

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 pm

This week's challenge playlist is Dominion. Lets get some parties rolling and win some Ford F-150's.
1/3 of the HWM U-Haul Trifecta

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

OboeCrazy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: OboeCrazy

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:16 pm

RJ wrote:
This week's challenge playlist is Dominion. Lets get some parties rolling and win some Ford F-150's.

YES. ::bump::

I'd love to roll some DOminion tonight or tomorrow. Tonight I'm free anytime after 7pm Pacific, tomorrow I can get on at any time!
This sig available for rent.