Heroic flight pack "Jet Pack"
3 (17%)
Medics portable battery "Regeneration Field"
1 (6%)
Automated sentinel watchdog package "Autosentry"
No votes
Holohumper 9000 "Hologram"
1 (6%)
I don't have a particular preference when it comes to armor abilities; my usage of them depends solely on the circumstance.
4 (22%)

Total votes: 18

Slagathor

Prefered armor ability?

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Hello, wheelmen and the residual ggn community; I’m just doing a little survey to see what the most popular armor ability of choice is. Based off of last week’s results, it seems that it was a draw between the infamous portable shotgun and the emp cannon; Very close to people not using them at all unless circumstances deemed it a necessity. This week we will see what the most popular armor ability of choice is. Will it be the light bending camo veil, the tx-ray visor, mirror shield, the derp pack, the heroic flight pack, the medics portable battery, automated sentinel watchdog package or the holohumper 9000 "I question whether it is bricks hologram incarnate, hmm?” Stay tuned and find out, the poll will last for a duration of 7 days. So get in here and represent your opinion!

Bricks Hologram
Banhammer
Banhammer
Gamertag: BricksHologram

Re: Prefered armor ability?

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:01 pm

I THINK THE CHOICE IS CLEAR!!

Spoiler: show
YOU CAN'T BAN WHAT DOESN'T EXISTS!!

brickfungus
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Title: Owner
Gamertag: HWM BrickFungus

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:01 pm

yea, my hologram makes a good point
THIS SHOULDN'T BE HERE

I'M A LEGEND IN MY SPARE TIME

DOM
Legendary Gunner
Legendary Gunner
Gamertag: HWM DOMIN8

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:19 pm

lawl... but I'm prrrrreeeeeeetty sure I banned that guy............... :D

Also, I didn't see the one I primarily use..... Sprint.
Retired Admin (even though current "leadership" doesn't acknowledge it.)

brickfungus
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Title: Owner
Gamertag: HWM BrickFungus

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:30 pm

you banned the previous hologram... i spawned a new one
THIS SHOULDN'T BE HERE

I'M A LEGEND IN MY SPARE TIME

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:20 pm

You clever bastard! How! How do you keep getting here! Dammit!

On topic: I don't have a favorite yet. I keep experimenting with different ones.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

WatchGrassGrow
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Grass

Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:29 pm

No matter what I have I barely use it. Hell, sometimes I forget I have Sprint. Which causes me to forget how to crouch. Which then means I forget how to swap grenades...

Have I mentioned I hate the controls for Halo 4? Someone should add that to the list.
You just read this incredibly tiny text for no good reason, and have nothing to show for it.

Proud Sponsor Of: M3CH4 N1NJ4, Thee Jazzy

Deaf Smith
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: XDG Deaf Smith

Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Hologram is a godsend when used well. People waste EMP shots on holograms if they watch the radar too much, etc
#MemorialHogOff
http://twitter.com/#!/halowheelmen
Thanks to HAUT MEDOC for Twitter sig #HAWT

Deadpool MF
Gunner
Gunner
Gamertag: Deadpool MF

Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:53 am

This poll is quite biased...

Derp Pack,

Heroic Flight Pack.... ::FP::

Wolf
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: WolfNOR
Location: Kaupang south of the real Middleearth,Norway. Ready to enter Valhall The realm of Odin

Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:52 am

Deadpool MF wrote:
This poll is quite biased...

Derp Pack,

Heroic Flight Pack.... ::FP::

Seconded, it's awful.

Anyways, the thruster pack is a new tricky thing, and when used to heaving a jetpack, as I am, I really can't let go of it that mutch. I find my loadouts beeing just jetpack and thruster. What loadout I use depends on if I need the plasma pistol or not, what map I play. If I need the prodriver abilety or not, and last if it's objective or slayer so I know what tactical packages or what theyre called I can use.

Yeah, the Hologram and Camoplayers are notices. But also the Jetpackers. Jetpacking is King when fighting against rockets and sutch ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpwDo6ysP74 My Halo 4 Hogtage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3rgB2BHMyo Part 2

Deadpool MF
Gunner
Gunner

Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:12 am

I'm a Thruster Pack user in all but 2 loadouts..

The other two, One is Camo, the other is Hologram.

The Camo one is for my Dominion loadout. and the Hologram is just if I feel like messing with people.

The Thruster Pack has saved me quite a few times. I'd probably use a Jetpack every now and then if I could handle a controller scheme that's different than my Bumper Jumper.

Also, Headshotting a guy who's running suppressor/jetpack and just launches upward after his shields pop never gets old.

Wheels36
Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Wheels

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:20 pm

I don't see how anyone uses thruster pack. What does it do? Blast you forward 2 feet? Just looks like a glorified fart to me.

Deaf Smith
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: XDG Deaf Smith

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Ninja (MLG pro) uses it exclusively. (Thruster Pack)

I used it for a couple weeks. I like it but the Hologram works wonders. In BTB it is possible to use hologram to get tanks and wraiths, etc to waste shots/seconds on a hologram because they are ready to annhiliate the next blue or red thing that moves.
#MemorialHogOff
http://twitter.com/#!/halowheelmen
Thanks to HAUT MEDOC for Twitter sig #HAWT

Bloody Initiate
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Bloody Initiate

Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Promethean Vision for me defines the difference between Halo 4 and previous titles. Not a lot of games let you see through walls, and that aspect of it where you cannot hide without the Stealth upgrade just says it all.

I can barely get a killing spree in this game, people are ALWAYS on you all the time. Except instead of killing you quickly like they might in a military-style shooter they take at least 5 shots. It's like the whole game has Promethean Vision. Wherever you go, you're not getting a break. That armor ability will stand out to me forever as the thing that made Halo 4 play like Halo 4.

Auto-Sentry would be good if it took fewer shots to kill imo. I know it's supposed to augment you instead of doing the killing for you, but 9 shots is ridiculous, especially after the millenia it takes to spawn the stupid thing. Here's what I see happening with Auto-Sentry: 1. the player spawns it and it never does any good ever because no one gets anywhere near it or 2. the player begins to spawn it, gets spotted, takes 2-3 shots MINIMUM before they dive for cover, leaving the entire fight to their autosentry, which gets shot down in 3 shots, and then they still haven't gotten their shields back so they're 3 shots down and their enemy is 1-2 at most.

BTW for anyone who didn't know Damage Boost DOES work with Autosentry, takes it from a 9 shot kill to a 4 shot kill. Sadly I can't justify equipping an armor ability in the hope that I get a specific ordinance drop. It's bad enough equipping camo in hopes you get a sniper rifle.

I also love holograms, just not a very creative dude, which is a big part of using them. I also tend to have a RIDICULOUSLY good time with holograms, blowing up everyone's mic with laughter and commentary when I use them. I'm always annoyed with myself afterward.
^ Credits to Mics R4 Chumps

Deadpool MF
Gunner
Gunner

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:26 am

I do get sick of Promethian Vision... Anytime I see someone using it though, I try to hunt them down and kill them as fast as possible...

The Thruster Pack allows so many options when in CQ fights... like those interactions where the enemy comes in close but misses his melee attack and now you both know your right next to each other, But neither of you can see the other person, This has happened to me a lot in Regicide mainly, And the Thruster allows me to Pop backwards, usually get a site on the guy who's flailing in all directions to find out where I am, and I can pop a few shots and finish him off before he ever figures out where I was.

Also it allows for many various shortcuts around maps, (Not as many as Jetpack, but enough that its better than not having it)

AND finally. I've kept myself from being splattered so many times with this...