Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Flying Shoe ILR
Apprentice GP
Apprentice GP
Gamertag: Flying Shoe ILR

Of Teamwork and Confusion

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:46 am

Over the last week I have been in two games where four people on one team quit; once where it was my team and once where it was the other. On Spire last week my friend Burning1nWater and I, with a helpful Sarge spurring us on with his eloquent voice, picked ourselves up and won all three phases of Spire offense in a 2 v. 6 game. They were randoms of course, but we were still proud of ourselves. Teamwork beats numbers every time as we have now learned.

Here is a download link for the video of the game we played. It is un-edited so you can watch from any angle. That and because we don't have any current way to edit it. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileD ... Shoe%20ILR

And that other game I mentioned... well, let's just say Psychoduck and I put it to good use. This one's just a clip of a nice new core path we tried out on Boneyard.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileD ... Shoe%20ILR

Thanks for reading everyone! Still trying to get some invasion games with the Wheelmen soon!
I could probably do with a better signature.

Cheeseball
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Cheeseball

Re: Of Teamwork and Confusion

Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:53 am

Hang on, this reminds me of this time I was accused of holding...

When you're this good, sometimes it doesn't matter how many the other teams have :P

Funniest game ever, we almost stopped them tier 1 if our random didn't go hilariously unclutch
Helljumpers Old Guard

Psychoduck
Wheelman
Wheelman
Gamertag: The Psycho Duck

Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:44 am

We may have to start banshee-surfing the core more often. After all, I'm sure there's at least one other strategy out there that's even less effective. Somewhere...

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:46 pm

Flying Shoe ILR wrote:
...with a helpful Sarge spurring us on with his eloquent voice, picked ourselves up and won all three phases of Spire offense in a 2 v. 6 game.

When randoms abandon you in games, Sarge will be there!

When you feel like you are going to get spawn killed for the rest of the game and suffer a loss, Sarge will be there!

When you need a motivational voice giving you tactical advice in a shitty game, Sarge will be there!

Where there is Invasion awesomeness to be had, Sarge will be there!!!!!!

I....AM.....KROGAN!!!!!!
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Flying Shoe ILR
Apprentice GP
Apprentice GP

Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:29 am

Well, now we just got beat in a 5 v. 3 game, on the 5 team. I had one friend in there but the fact that my battle bro had quit and that the randoms couldn't fathom team shooting the banshee took us down. Looks like it's Teamwork: 2, Numbers: 0 now.

Psychoduck
Wheelman
Wheelman

Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Sarge wrote:
Flying Shoe ILR wrote:
...with a helpful Sarge spurring us on with his eloquent voice, picked ourselves up and won all three phases of Spire offense in a 2 v. 6 game.

When randoms abandon you in games, Sarge will be there!

When you feel like you are going to get spawn killed for the rest of the game and suffer a loss, Sarge will be there!

When you need a motivational voice giving you tactical advice in a poop game, Sarge will be there!

Where there is Invasion awesomeness to be had, Sarge will be there!!!!!!

I....AM.....KROGAN!!!!!!

Well then, what are your thoughts on incorporating banshee surfing into your invasion strategies?

Also, props for the Mass Effect reference.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:48 pm

If you want to understand how much I like Mass Effect, search for our Mass Effect 2 and 3 threads.

As for Banshee surfing, we've never pulled it off consistently, so I don't like trying to use it often. Banshee's are more effective at slaying than transporting.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Psychoduck
Wheelman
Wheelman

Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Sarge wrote:
If you want to understand how much I like Mass Effect, search for our Mass Effect 2 and 3 threads.

As for Banshee surfing, we've never pulled it off consistently, so I don't like trying to use it often. Banshee's are more effective at slaying than transporting.

It was a joke. Did you not watch the film?

Cheeseball
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Cheeseball

Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:29 pm

Psychoduck wrote:
Sarge wrote:

It was a joke. Did you not watch the film?

ITT: Sarge is a sissy noob and can't banshee surf properly

But yeah, you're wasting the vehicle with highest slaying power on the map to a transport role. There are warthogs on every map, stick true to our name as Wheelmen!
Helljumpers Old Guard

Flying Shoe ILR
Apprentice GP
Apprentice GP

Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:25 am

[SARCASM]I don't know, I mean, the banshee has such a large area to stand on no one would ever fall off.[/SARCASM]

Don't worry, that is not going into the map design.