Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Fiendwolf
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: omnaerrant

Warthog Training: Fiendwolf

Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:49 am

Hey, its Fiendwolf here. First things first, I know I'm not active here, so if someone else more active comes along and needs training go help them first, they earned it through activity. Seriously, I don't mind.

But now to what I would specifically like training/help in:

I would like to get some training on warthog driving in Halo 4 and learn how to use the hog on maps, what to do and what not to do. The basics really and some other stuff to improve my driving skills. I remember that I was trained in H3 from Sarge and I got pretty good at driving in that game, IMHO, and I think we did the same for REACH. I could use a good run down like we did in those sessions for the H4 Hog and some tactics or thing that may have changed from game to game. I don't know when we'll be able to do this, probably sometime when I and who ever feels like training me is on at the same time would do. I don't need to be a priority to train or anything, just as long as eventually I get to learn some things so I can stand on my own two feet as a driver and then I can get some good driving time with better outcomes when I play. ::hog::

If anyone wants to help me or train me it would be much obliged. My GT is the same as username here: Fiendwolf.

So yeah, I'm usually on evenings EST time.(If Homework allows it) But if anyone wants to schedule something then message me on XBL, I'll see it and respond quicker than here, or just reply/message me here and I'll see it whenever I get the chance. Its all good! ::lol::

PS. A brief run down on callouts during the training session would be a nice thing to touch upon as well. I've been making some up with my friends and randoms on various maps(With and Without Hogs).

P.P.S. And I don't know how you guys want the forum topics to go down here so if you want a separate Hog training topic feel free to modify this one. Or if there is already one and I have failed to see it(I did look btw) then feel free to modify or move anything.

TyphorX
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: TyphorX

Re: Warthog Training: Fiendwolf

Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:47 pm

If there's any training sessions going on, can you send me an invite?
I need to brush up on my driving as well and it would be more convenient for one of the pro drivers to teach more then one person at once don't you think?
My gamertag is the same as my username: TyphorX

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Both of you send me friend requests to "HWM Sarge." I'll be able to go over the basics of what I've discovered thus far in Halo 4.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Twisted
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Twisted GT

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Sarge wrote:
Both of you send me friend requests to "HWM Sarge." I'll be able to go over the basics of what I've discovered thus far in Halo 4.

I am always happy to pop in and give you guys the "where to hog" and "when to run the hog" pointers for dominion, though I am practically useless in the "how to hog" category ::lol::
If you think we're a rolling double kill.. come get it.

Wolf
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: WolfNOR
Location: Kaupang south of the real Middleearth,Norway. Ready to enter Valhall The realm of Odin

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:07 am

Play campain solo(or spartan ops) on legendary and try driving the hog there, you will be amazed how mutch you can learn from it. When it comes to adapting to random gunners and the like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpwDo6ysP74 My Halo 4 Hogtage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3rgB2BHMyo Part 2

Fiendwolf
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman

Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Thanks guys, I'll be sending a friend request to you soon Sarge, and I will try out what you said wolf. Thanks guys.

BTW, I don't mind being taught with another if someone else wants to learn as well.

Wolf
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: WolfNOR
Location: Kaupang south of the real Middleearth,Norway. Ready to enter Valhall The realm of Odin

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:16 am

It should be a good lot of old topics that has some relevant tips at least.
http://www.halowheelmen.com/vehicletips.php This is still a relevant page, although it's for the Reach hog.

http://www.halowheelmen.com/valguide.php This could be relevant a bit, for ragnarok.

I also have to say that this map remindes me a bit of harvest. http://www.halowheelmen.com/rtnstguide.php

A thing I always think of is keeping the hog moving, so I'm not an easy target for sniper fire, DMR fire, plasma pistols granades and everything. It's also important to lears how you give your gunner a good shot. Driving closer to the enemy is not the solution here. Try driving reverse (sideways even... and in circles a bit when keeping your distance to the enemy, as long as you'r keeping it workable for your gunner. Always prioretize staying alive beefore getting kills, becouse some ground pounders on your team might rely a whole lot more on the carnage a hog gives the other team even if it's not taking them down. Lastly never treat any Vehicle as a power wapon! Try keeping teammates around you from time to time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpwDo6ysP74 My Halo 4 Hogtage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3rgB2BHMyo Part 2

Fiendwolf
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:42 am

Kool thanks for the links and tips, Wolf.

On the note about the gunner getting the best shot, which way is it when I turn the hog that it is more difficult for the gunner to turn one way to maintain fire and accuracy on the target? Because I remeber in reach and H3 that if you turn a certain way and the gunner turns another certain way that the gunner's rotation is slower or seems slower and causes some problems there.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:10 pm

Oh man, I hadn't thought about that in a long time. Basically, you want to turn in the opposite direction that the gunner is trying to aim. This isn't as big a deal anymore because of the fast-paced nature of the game. So, if your gunner is about to run right to look at something and you intend to turn around to face it, you should spin left. It makes the gunner feel like they are turning faster, but it actually doesn't affect the turning speed of the turret.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame