Get in the Hog if you want to live!

xThe Jessterx
Apprentice Gunner
Apprentice Gunner
Gamertag: HWM The Jesster

Hogoff Goal

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:45 am

I'm going to be the ranting, complaining one here, but is anybody else bothered by the fact that in last years Hogoff we raised almost $2000, but we can't even break $800 it looks like this year? I know the economy is tight and all, but would it really kill you to donate $5? With the thousands of people on here, is it really that hard for everybody to donate just $5? I'm all for helping with cancer research to find a cure with a grandfather who has lung cancer, a good friend of my mom and I survived colon cancer, one of my aunt's survived breast cancer though she lost her mom and her sister to it, and myself at a high risk for ovarian cancer.

So can everybody please have a little more heart and try to donate $5 if you haven't already? It's for a good cause, as well as holding the memory of IceDevil13 strong (I might not have known him personally, but he was still a Wheelman and I like to think we look out for and care about each other).

Turtle
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Turtle

Re: Hogoff Goal

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:32 am

While I'm all for charity, I don't think we need a rant about how we need to donate more money. People donated, that's all we can ask for. It's a charity donation, not a demand.
3/3 of The Soul-Stealing Trifecta
An A10 Pilot wrote:
i will take this fish and please myself with it

HWM Valkyrion wrote:
TO BOLDLY TROLL WHERE NO TURTLE HAS TROLLED BEFORE

xThe Jessterx
Apprentice Gunner
Apprentice Gunner

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:57 pm

I'm not trying to make it sound like a demand...I just find it kinda sad we can't even meet half of what we did last year.

Twisted
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Twisted GT

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:45 pm

We are trying. But while halo 3 was the mecca of communities, tournaments, and events, Reach just is not. Reach doesn't have as vast of a fan-base as halo 3 had, and Reach's warthog has lost the majority of the warthog enthusiasts due to its frailty. Not trying to throw out excuses, but we are trying here.
If you think we're a rolling double kill.. come get it.

xThe Jessterx
Apprentice Gunner
Apprentice Gunner

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:13 pm

Yea I hear ya....again, I'm not trying to sound critical (though I know that is how it comes off). Just didn't think there would be this big of a difference.

Icebird
Double Mythic
Double Mythic
Gamertag: HWM ICEBIRD

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:08 am

It is disappointing... so I'm not going to disagree with you Jess. But I will agree with Twisted, Reach is not Halo 3.

The prize pool does look bigger this year, maybe not the big bang items we had last year but solid.

One thing we can really improve on is the tournament. We need a stronger tournament so that more than 4-5 people can be in the running for winning it.

I haven't donated yet, and I don't have the means to help as much as I'd like to. But my payday is Friday, I will get something in on this. I hope more people will donate this week too, my mom is a cancer survivor.
~ HWM ICEBIRD ~
~ 117 Consecutive Weekly Challenges Completed in Halo: Reach ~
~ 2010 & 2011 Hogoff First Loser ~

Check out HWM ICEBIRD'S Halo Videos!

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Tims

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:17 am

< Is 15 and doesn't have a credit card. Sorry. :(
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

xThe Jessterx
Apprentice Gunner
Apprentice Gunner

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Bird: And I still agree with Twisted, I was just voicing an opinion. Again, I know it made me sound like a b**ch but I'm just being honest. I totally understand that not everybody can donate, Azn making a perfectly valid point and reason cause not everybody has a means of donating.

Idk...people are gonna get pissy with me now on here but w/e.

Luv Gunn
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Luv Gunn

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:00 pm

Jesster is the worst... ;)

But seriously, I'm pretty let down that we aren't going to make our goal but there isn't much else I can do.
ONE thing that those who CANNOT help SHOULD be doing is spreading the word and encouraging a simple $5 -$10 or even $20 donation from our 'friends' on Facebook, tweet it out on Twitter, and use any and all forms of social media that you can to just spread the word and ask for a little attention.

Anything helps folks. ANYTHING!

xThe Jessterx
Apprentice Gunner
Apprentice Gunner

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:32 pm

Luv Gunn wrote:
Jesster is the worst... ;)

But seriously, I'm pretty let down that we aren't going to make our goal but there isn't much else I can do.
ONE thing that those who CANNOT help SHOULD be doing is spreading the word and encouraging a simple $5 -$10 or even $20 donation from our 'friends' on Facebook, tweet it out on Twitter, and use any and all forms of social media that you can to just spread the word and ask for a little attention.

Anything helps folks. ANYTHING!
I've been doing that a lot...telling my friends about it, posting stuff up on the Xbox facebook page...I agree, anything helps :) I donated $20 at the start of the hog-off and am gonna try to donate more come next paycheck.

Icebird
Double Mythic
Double Mythic
Gamertag: HWM ICEBIRD

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:10 am

I'll be making mine as soon as I see my paycheck in the bank. And I will at least let my brother know too, he may be interested in some of the prizes.
~ HWM ICEBIRD ~
~ 117 Consecutive Weekly Challenges Completed in Halo: Reach ~
~ 2010 & 2011 Hogoff First Loser ~

Check out HWM ICEBIRD'S Halo Videos!

Torque
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Torque

Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:50 am

I gave as much as I could moneys kinda tight with 3 kids, rent and, car payment wish I could donate more.
Drive it like you stole it.
Hog driver for hire.

xThe Jessterx
Apprentice Gunner
Apprentice Gunner

Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:19 am

TwiztidTorque wrote:
I gave as much as I could moneys kinda tight with 3 kids, rent and, car payment wish I could donate more.

Yea, I've been saving up for a beach trip with the boyfriend that is in 2 weeks. But hey, every penny counts cause it goes to a good cause :)