Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Wolf
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: WolfNOR
Location: Kaupang south of the real Middleearth,Norway. Ready to enter Valhall The realm of Odin

New Halo Triology, any thoughts?

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:05 pm

So, the first trailer for Halo 4 is out, and it's promised a new triology.
What do you guy's think ::panic::

To be perfectly honest... I think they're milking the Halo concept to mutch. Reach was cool, and epic. We got to know how the spartans where back in the day. But Master Chief on new adventures.
Me, the big halo fan that I am, I'm negative. The Reach and Halo 1-3 storyes rock, ODST is cool enough...

Halo 4, no thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpwDo6ysP74 My Halo 4 Hogtage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3rgB2BHMyo Part 2

Torque
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Torque

Re: New Halo Triology, any thoughts?

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:50 pm

I disagree im happy that there will be more of chief i just hope they tie in to the books would love to see blue team (chiefs team of spartans) get back together and wreck havoc. That and 10 more years of the HOG!!!
Drive it like you stole it.
Hog driver for hire.

Jackie
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Title: Developer
Gamertag: HWM Jackie

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:59 pm

I'm wondering who the enemies will be and if there will even be any of the old vehicles and weapons, since they're crashing on a forerunner shield world I believe. I suppose the ship could contain plenty of human weapons and vehicles so that could be easily explained. Still wonder who the enemies will be? Evil Forerunners?

Chuckar0o215
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: Chuckar0o215

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:29 pm

I hope they discover the rest of the Chiefs OG team (Kurt, kelly,Linda,etc)
ImageImage

Yonnor
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: Yonnor

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:37 pm

While I love the idea of continuing the story. I kind of see this as Micro$oft finding a way to milk an awesome franchise into mediocrity. ::ahh::

Twisted
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Twisted GT

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:53 pm

I think they are overworking Halo. But at them same time, if they could make a good storyline to this trilogy while maintaining the superb game-play of the previous trilogy....Could be pretty awesome if they do it right.
If you think we're a rolling double kill.. come get it.

imweakusee
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: imweakusee

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:10 pm

for me im up for the new game. I think it wil give us some insight into the chiefs past without us having to read the books. like for me i havent read the books or even watched legends so to me im only going by what is said in the games.

Jackie
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:54 pm

imweakusee wrote:
for me im up for the new game. I think it wil give us some insight into the chiefs past without us having to read the books. like for me i havent read the books or even watched legends so to me im only going by what is said in the games.

This isn't a prequel. What do you mean by insight into his past?

Panda
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM Trash Panda

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:32 pm

I'm excited for this but I'm not going to get my hopes up to much, I'm just hoping the story doesn't fail because that is my main concern.
Last edited by Panda on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imweakusee
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: imweakusee

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:11 am

Jon6600 wrote:
imweakusee wrote:

This isn't a prequel. What do you mean by insight into his past?

well by insight into the past i mean just that. im wanting to learn more of his past. and i figured since the planets there going to be on is rumored to be a forunner planet theres a chance it will cause the chief to have so memories of his past that will come up in cutscenes. since 343 guilty spark said he was the son of his makers its rumored that chief is related to the forunners in some manner.

Jackie
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:14 am

When 343 said that he meant the entire human race not just Chief. Chief is one of a number of humans who were kidnapped at a young age by the UNSC to be trained and augmented as Spartans.

HWM Jedi
Wheelman
Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Jedi

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:12 pm

Indeed, humans are Forerunner, it's just that the Chief and his fellow Spartan-II's are closer to the genetic make-up of the Forerunners, seeing as they were all as close to genetically perfect as they could be, part of the reason they were "recruited" (abducted) at the ages of 5-6 into the Spartan-II program.

The Master Chief's past is actually pretty simple...relatively. Or at least, it is well known if not simple. He was an above average child, smarter and stronger and faster than the rest of the children around him, who was abducted by the UNSC at the age of six and conscripted into the Spartan-II program along with 74 other children out of the original 150 genetically pre-screened candidates. A second round of screening (performed by then Lt. Keyes and Dr. Catherine Halsey) is what reduced that pool down to the amount that they actually had funding for. John-117 (the Master Chief) was the first child they visited.

He then underwent a series of brutal training regiments along with the rest of his class, until at the age of 14 he underwent serious and dramatic surgical enhancements, doing such things as grafting ceramics onto his bones to make them nearly un-breakable, steroidal injections to increase muscle mass and concentration, and sensory enhancement to increase reaction speeds, as well as practically giving them night-vision, pin-point hearing, and extreme dexterity and speed. Nearly 9 months later, at the first signs of the Covenant around the time Harvest had fallen, the Spartans were first equipped with power armour designed by Dr. Catherine Halsey, codenamed MJOLNIR. It enhanced their strength, speed, and agility even further, but lacked the capacity to carry an AI, and also lacked shields...these things came later.

The Spartans as a group (reduced down to only 33 active-duty soldiers from the original 75 by the augmentation process, most of the rest dead, some others were permanantly disabled) undertook a wide variety of missions against both Rebel insurgents and the Covenant until nearly 27 years later, when the Covenant had nearly wiped out all of the UNSC's outer colonies, and the UNSC was desperate. They were going to send all of the remaining Spartans (besides those too far away to be recovered) on a mission deep into Covenant territory in an attempt to kidnap a Covenant Prophet and force a cease-fire with the Covenant. Towards this end, MJOLNIR had been re-designed to now carry shields, and also granted the capability to carry a smart AI like Cortana, who would help them bipass Covenant security and computer systems without burdening them with delicate technical staff. They also completely overhauled the antiquated Pillar of Autumn, giving it brand new powerful reactor technology, a powerful new MAC weapons system, as well as a wide variety of equipment and weaponry upgrades and specialty personell (including a regiment of ODST's) to help the Spartans carry out their mission.

The Pillar of Autumn was on the verge of leaving the Reach system to begin this mission when a huge Covenant fleet assualted the planet. The mission was scuttled so that they could aid in Reach's defense. Most of the Spartans were sent groundside to defend the power plants powering the orbital MAC stations. Three (including the Master Chief) boarded a UNSC space station in orbit to destroy unsecured NAV data that could lead the Covies to Earth. The planet was overrun, the Chief succeeded in his mission, but one member of his team was sent off on a wild trajectory into space, the other "killed" as they escaped. The Chief made it back to the Pillar of Autumn, and they jumped out of the system and arrived at the first Halo ring. Thus begins Halo:CE.

ConsumedFever wrote:
LIES!!!!!!

Jackie
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:00 pm

That's mostly correct Jedi, but in the new book Cryptum there is some new info in the first couple chapters. That's all I've read. haha Anyway it explains exactly how they are related(humans and forerunners), but that they are not the same.

An A10 Pilot
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: An A10 Pilot

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Halo 4?

I will merely leave a quote here with Halo 4 inserted for the fellowship.

"Halo 4 treads upon a knife's edge, stray but a little and IT WILL FAIL." -Galadriel

Insert extreme skepticism face
How do Reavers clean their ships? They put them thru the Wash. :)