Get in the Hog if you want to live!

RubbrDuckE
Contest Loser
Contest Loser
Gamertag: HWM RubbrDuckE

Re: Hog Training Requests (Driving/Gunning)

Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Username: RubbrDuckE
Gamertag: RubbrDuckE
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time / -5:00 GMT

Hogging Experience:
  • Driving off of cliffs
  • Driving into walls
  • Driving through places no hog belongs (hallways, catwalks, etc)
  • Barreling into the enemy territory

What you would like to learn:
  • How to effectively not be terrible

Additional Information:
  • I won't be free to log to the xbox for another week or two

UPDATE: Still interested, just don't have a lot of free time. Sorry :(
Last edited by RubbrDuckE on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I messed with Duce and got banned. laugh at my expense...

imweakusee
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: imweakusee

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:59 am

Username: imweakusee
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time / -5:00 GMT

Hogging Experience:

I activually think i am rather skilled with the hog and the falcon. I have been complimented multiple times on my driving.

What you would like to learn:

I need assistance being more evasive. As in hiding from those pesky snipers, or avoiding emps(these are for the hog) With the falcon i dont need any help i can easily avoid everything. i have only been EMPed in a falcon about 3-4 times total i can usually just avoid them with ease.

Additional Information:

I am online everyday but if you see me in a custom game with between 6-16 people that means im in a custom game night with a differnt group. I spend quite a bit of time in forge building new maps or modifying my old one(going to put up new maps in the forge garage when i get my new hard drive) so if im doing that i might save and come join you. If im in matchmaking i will not leave a game to join you in anything. i have gotten way to many requests to join when im in matchmaking....When i am in matchmaking i only play Invasion.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:52 am

If you want, Smitty, I can show imweakusee Invasion driving after you run through the basics.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

imweakusee
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:23 pm

just toss me a msg when were both online and we can work on it. im goin and getting on now

P3P5I
Legendary Wheelman
Legendary Wheelman
Gamertag: P3P5I

Thu May 12, 2011 9:42 pm

Gamertag: P3P5I
Timezone: GMT -4:00 (EST)

Hogging Experience: 1100 wheelmen in Halo 3 and almost 7000 in Reach

What you would like to learn: I'm a bit of a cautious, slow driver. While that can be my strength in certain situations more often than not it ends up in me being EMP'd or having a grenade blow under my Hog. I'm always looking for different strategies people use to drive the Hog so I can become better.

Additional Information: I should be on a lot more now that it is the summer. I'm currently hunting down some temp jobs but other than that I'm open.

OcR LouieBlack
Legendary Wheelman
Legendary Wheelman
Gamertag: OcR LouieBlack

Fri May 13, 2011 7:02 am

Pepsi, if you want to send me a FR I'd be happy to share any pathing/situational control tactics i know.
Best to save full game videos (both good and bad) so we can discuss them.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Fiendwolf
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: omnaerrant

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:44 am

GT: Fiendwolf
Timezone: EST

If someone could send me an FR or if could give me their GT so I could send them a FR and teach my how to Hog it up in REACH that'd be great.

Current Experience:
-Pretty good driver in H3, but REACH isn't H3 now is it?
- Good at playing it safe
- good at MT. Lam Lam if I got a good gunner
- I can drift and control the hog somewhat good. There is always room for perfection.

I would like to learn:
-How use the hog effectively
-all the little important details in REACH about the hog that I don't already know.
- How to beat vehicles and other things with a driver and a gunner in a gog, such as tanks, wraiths, etc... The big things. ;P I can take a reverent
- I need to know the little spots on the map on how to stay alive as well as how to start off on a map when I get the hog.
- Callouts are always helpful to know to. :)

Additional info:
-I play on weekends and on wed. and Fridays. I run a community sometimes so I might not be able to get training if we're doing clan matches etc...
- If someone could teach me the same way Sarge taught me in H3 then I'd be set for REACH hogging forever. So I would like a professional to teach me in other words.

HWM Jedi
Wheelman
Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Jedi

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:29 am

Fiendwolf wrote:
- How to beat vehicles and other things with a driver and a gunner in a hog, such as tanks, wraiths, etc... The big things. ;P I can take a revenant

Hmmmmm...can you? ::flex::

Just kidding, I'd be the first to admit I've been out-played by hogs before, but if you do have a Hog strategy that works more than 3/4 of the time against Revenants I'd love to know it, if only so I can find a way to counter it ::twisted::

The only strat I've seen that works most of the time is "stay back and pepper it with shots", in other words the Wraith strategy. In close most Hogs don't stand a chance against somebody with some degree of skill in the thing. It's just too easy to send a Hog flying with just about any shot.

ConsumedFever wrote:
LIES!!!!!!

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:17 pm

I sent you a FR, Fiendwolf. We can chat about some hog stuff.

Fiendwolf
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: omnaerrant

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:57 am

@ Jedi: Oh whoa. That is something I need/would like to learn not something I know how to do. I mean fro the tanks and the wraith. I think I read that wrong at first. :P

And if the pepper thing is the best tacts so far then yeah I can do that for the reverent and I also wrote some tacts on that before, I could share them here if you want.

@ sarg: yeah I'm willing to talk some hog strats and tacts with ya.

Some more additional info:
in August I will be getting really busy with Band Season as I like to call it, but more really along the lines of Football season. lol I know some of you removed me from your friends list since I was inactive due to this last year. It's completely understandable. ;)

[3DITz b3cause I can't r3ad. rofl]

Echo849
Wheelman
Wheelman
Gamertag: Echo849

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:15 am

I dont really need in-game tutorials as much as i need just tips to improve.

Driving Experience:
*Never leaves base at the start of game without gunner (exceptions include me being the only one left on the team or if gunner has an objective such as bomb or flag in the side seat)
*Doesn't drive straight out into the battle at beggining of game on Hemmorhage, pays close attention to other vehicles that pose a tthreata to the hog eg. wraith, revenant, warthog. Until Wraith and revenant are taken care of by my team's wraith and revenant (or if revenant is weak enough to be taken out by our hog), I stay around the large mound near red's teleporter.
*Pays close attention to gunner's shields. If shields are popped or are about to be, I pull out of the fight until me and the gunner's shields are recharged.

Pilot Experience:
*I used to pilot the chopper all the time in BFBC 2 which has a complex control system compared to the flacon, so i know quite alot about strafing, hovering and favouring both left and right gunners alternatively depending on target's positions and amounts.

Wants to learn:
*anything that could possibly improve driving skill.
*I can easily dodge anything in the falcon (except instant hits like snipers) and can dodge locked rockets, but has trouble dodging them when they come back around. any tips for that would be good. :)
*Friend Disconnects*
Me: "Dammit, now i havent got a gunner with a mic!"
*Random hops on gun*
Random: "drive the damn car you stupid noob"
Me: "Fine, you better be good at this..."
Random: "I'm like, super pro mlg at this, there was this one time on call of duty and-"
Me: "Get out of my warthog..."

Deaf Smith
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: XDG Deaf Smith

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:18 am

Send me a Text on XBL, HWM Deaf Smith. I'll teach you some basics, and hopefully Sarge or a fellow Wheelman will take you to the next level.

*Note, I AM Deaf. If you have an IM(Aim, Yim, MSn, Twitter, Skype) that will expedite things greatly.
Twitter: @D34f5m1th
#MemorialHogOff
http://twitter.com/#!/halowheelmen
Thanks to HAUT MEDOC for Twitter sig #HAWT

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:26 am

Echo, click the "Vehicle Tips" button on the toolbar at the top of this page. There you can read the hogging basics LouieBlack, our founder, put together for Reach. Smitty's my mentor; he's a good teacher.

Echo849
Wheelman
Wheelman
Gamertag: Echo849

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:53 am

yea, ive read all that. I used those tips and my own experience to get two road rages today, one in each game for two games in a row. I just came back here to see if there's anything I could possibly be doing better...
*Friend Disconnects*
Me: "Dammit, now i havent got a gunner with a mic!"
*Random hops on gun*
Random: "drive the damn car you stupid noob"
Me: "Fine, you better be good at this..."
Random: "I'm like, super pro mlg at this, there was this one time on call of duty and-"
Me: "Get out of my warthog..."

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:40 am

Oh man there's all kinds of stuff we can teach you. Have you requested to join the Good Gamers Group on your User Control Panel?

If you can accept our Code of Conduct you can get access to all kinds of tactical discussion in the War Room.

When you're done with Smitty, you can always come to me and I'll introduce you to what I call "Objective Hogging" or "driving for teams."