Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Turtle
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Turtle

Reach TU rumors

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:04 pm

Now, another great thing that took place that night were the extensive and thought provoking conversations I had with Ellis and Frank. It truly was something else. Towards the end of my heavy playtime with the Defiant Map Pack, Ellis was really curious to know what I thought of the maps and that's when I chose to let him know how I really felt about both the maps, but Halo: Reach as a whole. I told him straight up that as much as I love the Defiant Map Pack, Halo: Reach's core mechanics (or specifically, 'the big 3' [Armor Lock, Bloom and Melee change] are what I referred to when talking to both Ellis and Frank]) and how the big 3 are preventing me from loving the Defiant Map Pack and any other map in Halo: Reach exponentially more than I do if these elements were gone.

I'm not going to go into specifics of what Ellis and Frank's responses were in fear out of putting words in their mouths that they never said, but what I CLEARLY and EXPLICITLY got from both of them was, well....

I'll leave you with this quote that I will never forgot from Ellis:

"We are 343 Industries. We do everything for the community. We are listening, trust me, please. We. are. listening. Support means more to us than just worrying about playlists and new maps." At this point he was having a huge grin on his face and when I continued to grill him on the big 3, he said "Don't worry, Domino. I would not be having this huge grin on my face while telling you all of this if I wasn't serious. This is only the beginning."

Source
Interesting, to say the least. Halo 2 wasn't the godly game it was until it's first TU which fixed the melee system. Wonder how reach will be after a possible TU
3/3 of The Soul-Stealing Trifecta
An A10 Pilot wrote:
i will take this fish and please myself with it

HWM Valkyrion wrote:
TO BOLDLY TROLL WHERE NO TURTLE HAS TROLLED BEFORE

OcR Precision
Heroic Ground Pounder
Heroic Ground Pounder
Gamertag: OcR Precision

Re: Reach TU rumors

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:13 pm

Indeed, very interesting. Thanks for the post!

I never hang on by a thread upon reading/hearing rumor. It would be nice to have a title update, but until then and beyond, I will keep playing.
♫But I turned and followed
A road that left me hollow
And still you waited for me to come back home
You brought me home...♫

Cheeseball
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Cheeseball

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:35 pm

first of all, wtf is a TU? (*title update, NVM)

Secondly, Bungie and 343 need to smarten up and stop listening to those whining about bloom, AL, and the melee system. Those who have a problem about it are vocal, and those who don't are just quiet.

I can GUARANTEE you that overall, more people enjoy the current system, they are just not so whiny as the minority who complain.

I'd like everyone to understand i DON'T care one way or the other, i just want it to be clear that the most vocal are often the ones who want stuff changed, and i think most are happy the way things are. It doesn't matter what your views are, just leave that up to bungie/343
Helljumpers Old Guard

Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman
Gamertag: AH Haut

Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:18 am

Cheeseball wrote:
Secondly, Bungie and 343 need to smarten up and stop listening to those whining about bloom, AL, and the melee system. Those who have a problem about it are vocal, and those who don't are just quiet.

Me me I love armour lock, its the end of grenade spam!

and bloom is fine.

melee needs balancing for swords and shotguns

sword parry lol chopped off your arm more like. ::lol::

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:10 am

I don't like the melee system as it has no bleed. The armour abilities are fine to a degree but if any of you guys played the community maps jetpack ruins it. Why they don't have a few AA's as pickups I don't know :/

Grenades need to be toned down a little.

As for bloom it's fine and I like it but I think bloom needs to expand faster and decrease faster so if you spam you will lose, so this will reward skill.

Sig by TuffJuice

RJ
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM RJ

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:47 am

Grenades and Melees should be the same when it comes to bleeding. As it stands, grenades bleed, but melees do not, which is why you can be killed by 1 grenade if you have full shields, but no health. They either both need to bleed, which would lead to more kills and faster gameplay, or they should both not bleed which would continue double melees, but you would see less grenade kills.

A while back I saw a pretty simple way to adjust the bloom. As of now, when your reticule expands, the shot can land anywhere within that larger circle, meaning sometimes your 2nd spammed shot will miss and sometimes it will hit. Instead, the shot area should be an expanding and contracting ring. Meaning when your reticule expands, the 2nd spammed shot will only land on the outer edges. This way, players will learn that they have to let their reticule contract to fit the size of their target, which depends on distance.
1/3 of the HWM U-Haul Trifecta

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

BUfels
Gamertag: BUfels

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:23 am

For me, I think the biggest thing is how broken vehicles are. If they were changed, I'd probably start playing Reach again.

From the cradle to the grave, it has been a walk of shame.

Jaime Lannister and La Dispute fanboy.

MimeMonkey
Apprentice GP
Apprentice GP
Gamertag: HWM MimeMonkey

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:43 am

very interesting i hadn't even thought about the first TU :)

im looking forward to seeing what they do with it, id agree with mr cheeseball - i hope they dont go overboard but the melee system is ::FAIL::
Why say it when u can Mime it

Valkyrion
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Valkyrion

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:07 pm

My question is, are all of you guys posting these thoughts on the Bungie.net forums? Putting them here isn't going to get them to do (or prevent them from doing) anything. :|

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Tims

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:08 pm

Black Knight wrote:
I don't like the melee system as it has no bleed. The armour abilities are fine to a degree but if any of you guys played the community maps jetpack ruins it. Why they don't have a few AA's as pickups I don't know :/

Grenades need to be toned down a little.

As for bloom it's fine and I like it but I think bloom needs to expand faster and decrease faster so if you spam you will lose, so this will reward skill.

QFT.
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

RJ
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM RJ

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:16 pm

Valkyrion wrote:
My question is, are all of you guys posting these thoughts on the Bungie.net forums? Putting them here isn't going to get them to do (or prevent them from doing) anything. :|

Posting them on b.net won't do anything either. ::roll::
1/3 of the HWM U-Haul Trifecta

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Valkyrion
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Valkyrion

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:29 pm

RJ wrote:

Then (in all seriousness) why is the article suggesting that they're doing something to armor lock? It seems apparent they know the issues the community is dragging on about, & I hardly think it's because they got the answers from the sky. :|

Turtle
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Turtle

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Valkyrion wrote:
RJ wrote:

Then (in all seriousness) why is the article suggesting that they're doing something to armor lock? It seems apparent they know the issues the community is dragging on about, & I hardly think it's because they got the answers from the sky. :|

They do play the game too, and if they (343) feel that anything needs changing, they'll be listening and looking for feedback about it, in all places.

I really think we're in good hands with 343 doing the future updates/dlc for reach.
3/3 of The Soul-Stealing Trifecta
An A10 Pilot wrote:
i will take this fish and please myself with it

HWM Valkyrion wrote:
TO BOLDLY TROLL WHERE NO TURTLE HAS TROLLED BEFORE

Cheeseball
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Cheeseball

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:47 pm

A Unholy Turtle wrote:

They do play the game too, and if they (343) feel that anything needs changing, they'll be listening and looking for feedback about it, in all places.

I really think we're in good hands with 343 doing the future updates/dlc for reach.

I agree.

We know what everyone feels, so it's up to 343 to decide to act or not. I know most of us are tired of hearing the same arguments rehashed, I'm no exception.

Let's see what 343 will have in store for us
Helljumpers Old Guard

Cruckeyee
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Cruckeyee

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:36 am

The only thing I would want changed is AL. Then again, maybe people like it without saying it.
Melee and bloom are fine as they are. The only time I think bloom is being a bitch is when I'm having a DMR duel with someone.

The time has come, and so have I