Get in the Hog if you want to live!

PirateSolo
'11 HogOff Runner Up - Driver
'11 HogOff Runner Up - Driver
Gamertag: PirateSolo

"There's more. Flush them out. I've got you covered"

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:20 pm

...is the lie you will be hearing if you do'nt put in your ipod's earbuds while your doing this weeks challenge.What would be better is listening to a play list featuring Frank Sanatra's "Mac the Knife". For while you'll wish you had a mac blast when you get to the end and stare down 3 Elites, your best weapon will be the knife on your chest.

The night started off simple enough. Bird texting me saying,"hey wait for me to do the weekly challenge". Ha, like I'm going to attempt this one without him. Annual, Deja Vu, Endure. This would become the next all nighter. We picked up Brick immidiatly then waited for our silver platered yoink machine Wheels, and the four of us set off on a mission that would take just four seconds shy of three hours and fourty minutes.

Along the way were 3 major hangups. After a few hickups we were able to sprint past the opening attacks and get into trucks... sorta.
*Note To whom ever leads the expedition. Pull all the trucks forward 5 feet at a time before you jump everyone forward. Bungie has a major glich on this map that allowed people to get into Falcons and to help prevent this they made it so your team can't walk back up past a certain point. We noticed it when trying to get into trucks.
The first time crimper was just ahead when the drop ships come. Follow the path to the right to get the ships to drop in the river bed. Thus making it much easier to set up camp abover them and noscope down. ::lol:: Splatters are pointless due to the fact that you will get stund and quicky dismissed from your vehicle. Scope in with you magnum and watch where the bullets hit the dirt. Adjust from there and you'll be quickley popping the grunts in their little tiny head. If you need health, backtrack along the path. You should be able to find Moa at the bridge near the water. Hitting them will restore your shields till you get to a health pack.

Next spot will be where the Falcon drops you off. Go about it as you please but the end result will be the same, when the drop ship comes, everybody get your butts inside the base. It won't happen till the majority of jackels and Grunts are cleared out and Kat will warn you with her little message she does. The next part you'll need to get creative for. She won't close the door until a certainain percentage of covenant are dead. You may even have an Elite try to get in the room with you.We did it like wheelmen and parked Forky near the front entrance. We figured the blast would help take down an elites shield. Damn thing nearly killed us once. We were crouched in the corner for so long Wheels decided to start a wave. The only advise here is take turns peaking around the corner to get your kills. Don't inch along the back wall till you see one. They could... WILL throw a nade and you will have less distance to tavel to get out of the way.

here's a vid demonstraiting some pro driving skills.

Finally, getting passsed the last three elites. Now no lie this took us over 2 hours and twenty minutes to get passed. As I said before George is a lier. He does'nt cover you for squat. If you can knock him over the edge he does create a good diversion. But after a while that alone becomes a distraction to the mission. Pop off the grunts first. Someone should save their DMR for that part alone. Bird did a great job at this. Any left over grunts will kill you the first chance they get. So make sure the room is clear of any enemies under two and a half feet tall. Next the Sword Elite... if the Ai decides to throw them at you in order. It takes 5 plasma blasts to knock out their shields, then one headshot to finish the job. The weapons you pic up will be half full maybe. So your going to have two to three plasma blasts per gun. Theres 3 of them and four of you. Do the math, at best you'll have 12 plasma busrts between ya but you need 15 well orchistrated shots. You could go get them off the dead bodies of the grunts you sniped... good luck with that. At least one of the grunts is carrying a needler. Your best shot is to plasma burst the Sword elite and get him out of the picture. Then send 2 scouts out to "Tom and Jerry" the other elites to chase them. One person should hide along the back far wall the other jump down near shotty. as the come out move quietly into possion using the big boxes for cover. When one has a chance to assasinate the elite, move swiflty, then take cover again. The other elite will already be focussing on your friends and you'll want to get behind him too.

Notice I attempt to yoink Wheels ::lol::

Let me know how yours goes. Remember be patient and have fun. Even after 3 hours your ready to rage anytime someone does something stuppid. But don't be affraid to fail. Try new things and stick with what works for ya. Its just a game. Just sure your ready. Visit the toilet and the kitchen before you begin.

from left to right xICEBIRDx, Wheels36, HWM BrickFungus, PirateSolo

Icebird
Double Mythic
Double Mythic
Gamertag: HWM ICEBIRD

Re: "There's more. Flush them out. I've got you covered"

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:12 pm

It should be noted that 1 single direct hit from the last two elite's concussion rifles will be an instant kill. Be ready to dance!

I hope Bungie doens't throw any more of those at us... That was harder than any previous Halo challenge/acheivement (Annual, Deja Vu, etc.)
~ HWM ICEBIRD ~
~ 117 Consecutive Weekly Challenges Completed in Halo: Reach ~
~ 2010 & 2011 Hogoff First Loser ~

Check out HWM ICEBIRD'S Halo Videos!

Twisted
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
'11 HogOff Winner - Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Twisted GT

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:27 pm

Sarge and I did this with two players last night. After being stuck on the last room, with no good weapons, and outnumbered by blargs, we were extremely annoyed. After about 35 minutes, sarge and I finally managed to lure the sword blarg out . With sustained PP fire and Jorge meatshielding, he went down in about 30 seconds ::flex::

Pleased with our progress, but with no idea how to proceed, we entered a loooong stalemate with the concussion rifle blargs. We didn't want to rush them and die in one shot, and they stubbornly refused to leave the room. Our previous strategy of baiting them out for Jorge and running away was no good...

Finally someone in our XBL party suggested we read the strategy guide posted on the Bungie blog. We figured it couldn't hurt, so sarge went and pulled it up. While sarge was distracted however I saw my chance! Drawing my energy sword, I charged! The poor dinosaurs had no idea what hit them! I was killin those dinos better than any meteor ever could! After about 5 slashes apiece, the zealots fell, gargling on their own blood all the way down. ::flex::

A surprised sarge asked me how I had ended our eternal LASO torment.....
i simply replied: "WITH MY ENERGY SWORD OF JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!"
If you think we're a rolling double kill.. come get it.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:38 pm

Words cannot describe how pleased Twisted was with himself after that.
::wheel::
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

RJ
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM RJ

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Sarge wrote:
Words cannot describe how pleased Twisted was with himself after that.

See: Cocky (kok-ee)
1/3 of the HWM U-Haul Trifecta

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

brickfungus
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Title: Owner
Gamertag: HWM BrickFungus

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:58 pm

you know it was a long challenge when you cycle through, having fun, getting frustrated, rageface at each other, schoolgirl giggling, back to rageface, back to giggling.... long night
THIS SHOULDN'T BE HERE

I'M A LEGEND IN MY SPARE TIME

Storm 0ne
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: Storm 0ne

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:52 pm

My friend and I are quite good at trial and error. We finished that final room in under 60 seconds. I got a clip of the finale, it was pretty spectacular if anyone cares enough to check it out

Super Zealot Rush

This was challenging, but it felt very cheesy. There is another video game I've been playing that has an even more challenging challenge that prepped me for the frustration and stress of LASO. But LASO wasn't so stressful in the end

Check this out, I'm afraid to attempt it again. Before you reach that round, you must complete four other similarly difficult ones in a row

Cheeseball
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Cheeseball

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:11 pm

45 minutes even.

Did this with one of my roommates last night, and i was very surprised at how quickly it finished. The only trouble we had was dying once to suicide grunts while we were clearing an LZ for the falcon.

The sword elite was not too hard as my buddy was able to distract him to face the entrance to the room while i got behind him and assassinated him. The concussion rifle blargs were a little tougher, but we PPd them down and then I sworded them to death.

Many lols were had as we went for splatters at the early part with the truck, once dying to suicide grunts...
"hey grunts come and taste my... oh wait why are they glowing blu- OHSHI-!"

Second death was a bit of a miscommunication
"let's get them from both sides!"
"ok!"
"hey what's that big orange thing coming down the other side of the hi- OHSHI-!"
Last edited by Cheeseball on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Helljumpers Old Guard

Icebird
Double Mythic
Double Mythic
Gamertag: HWM ICEBIRD

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:06 pm

I'm used to clearing Winter Contingency in 15 minutes or less... I wasn't expecting that either. I had forgotten completely about the HUD skull before we started. I imagine now that if I attempted it again we'd get through it a lot quicker knowing what to expect. That and it seemed to take forever to get on the same page with a strategy in the final room. Also might be easier with fewer people...
~ HWM ICEBIRD ~
~ 117 Consecutive Weekly Challenges Completed in Halo: Reach ~
~ 2010 & 2011 Hogoff First Loser ~

Check out HWM ICEBIRD'S Halo Videos!

XxxxJammyxxxX
Master Gunner
Master Gunner
Gamertag: XxxxJammyxxxX

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:03 am

Joshrothathan and I did this the other day, took us 1 hour and 48 minutes despite the fact that Josh went all Blue Peter and made a reticle out of "sticky tape" or some such device for himself. We were fine up until the last bit with the three elites. Taking out the sword guy was easy enough, Josh takes out the grunts then runs into position (behind the crates down the corridor on the right) whilst I lure the sword elite to charge me, when he gets close I sprint in the other direction while Josh goes for the assassination. The concussion rifles though... Josh didn't have a PP, just a dmr, I had a PP with just a few shots, and it was thoroughly annoying. It finally ended when we got bored and rushed them, I somehow got behind one and beat him down (despite the HORRENDOUS lag that is Josh's host ;)) we then proceeded to shoot the other elite with everything under the (2 - 3?) suns, finally took it down, and screamed like little girls until we cleared the button (though that could have been just me) :D.

I hate Bungie.

Epical sig by Haut Medoc. Dan, is the man!

Joshrothathan
Master Gunner
Master Gunner
Gamertag: Joshrothathan

Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Not sure if my homemade reticle was classed as cheating or not but i should at least get point for initiative. It turns out that ring binder stickers make excellent reticles ::roll:: . Although Im pretty sure the blargs at the end were cheating anyway as they kept knowing exactly where we were when we wanted to get assasinations. If we're not allowed radars neither should they be.

Oh and i think the girly screaming was from both sides (dance)
2/3 of the HWM Josh Trifecta!

In wine there is truth, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria