Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

I <3 BTB (BTB as if it's MLG)

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:25 am

So I signed up on the French site I<3BTB which treats BTB as if it's MLG, something I'm sure all of would love. My mind was seriously blown when I watched some of their videos and their maps. These guys have some seriously talented forgers as well as being extremely organised.

All Types 103 competitions, including 95 events spread over 48 offline Lans (including 5 European and 2 American), and 6 championships and 2 cups offline.

Makes me want to get people together to attend lol

Sig by TuffJuice

OcR LouieBlack
Legendary Wheelman
Legendary Wheelman
Gamertag: OcR LouieBlack

Re: I <3 BTB (BTB as if it's MLG)

Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:27 am

but ... but i didn't see any btb being played

*tear*
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

RJ
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM RJ

Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:51 am

So these guys have like sponsors and everything? I guess its like our version of MLG or Gamebattles, but much more organized and formal, but also with more participants. :shrug:
1/3 of the HWM U-Haul Trifecta

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman
Gamertag: AH Haut

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:12 am

Im in france right now!

are you rolling as ambassador this is the sorta place we should be saying Hi in.

Yozi
Gunner
Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Yozi

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:50 am

http://bigteambattle.net/showthread.php ... 1#post7276

After seeing their maps, I really wish I knew french.

We need an I<3BTB custom night... no wait... maybe what we really need is these maps/settings in matchmaking. =o

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:20 am

I signed up on their site and I tried using French but they just said I can use English since they can speak it. Some of them are members here when this site was really just getting up and running.

I also think some of these maps would be great for matchmaking :]

Sig by TuffJuice

OcR LouieBlack
Legendary Wheelman
Legendary Wheelman

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:59 am

I'd be interested in trying their maps. Let me know when.

Tepec Fett
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: SnH Tepec Fett

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:03 pm

Hi !
I apologize for my rubbish English, as you'll notice soon, i'm French, and French education is just shameful about other languages ; i'll try to do my best !

Haut Medoc wrote:
Im in france right now!

are you rolling as ambassador this is the sorta place we should be saying Hi in.

I'm from Médoc, if you're by there, i'd be glad to talk about BTB and IloveBTB for real with you (and a couple of Rosé glasses ::lol:: ) .

A part from that, we make all we can to propose a serious and regular championship, but we are amateurs, the staff is composed by hardworkers but volonteers ; the sponsors we have offer us the possibility to do a unique by its quality in France and regular championship, and also an annual high quality BTB Lan with live streaming and almost perfect (!) organization, but for now, that's it. (The numbers BlacKnight quotes are focused on a team which started with IloveBTB (Katrina FR team) and which continue on IloveBTB but also on other tournaments and Lans, thanks to IloveBTB).
But more than that, we are fans (not the ones which make fresh air, i really hope that you use this word to say "passionate people" because if you don't that just doesn't make sense ::lol:: ) , and when i read that a Wheelman was interested by what we do, i was just like "But ... What ? How ? Is this for real ?" !

We have the chance to have a strong and growing-up community with competent staff (admins, forgers, videomakers), but that's only in France (and Belgium) , and i'm sure that the good Big Team Battle has no frontier.

IloveBTB is actually including 7 clubs (probably 8 at the end of the month), that means 10 or 11 teams of 10-12 players each ; you can be sure that more than one are already interested to play some BTB customs with the Halo Wheelmen (you're reputation of sympathetic and dynamic community precedes you) .

So, i wrote all of this to say :
1- your judgement and opinion on our maps/gametypes (which are tested and upgraded by all the teams every friday since October 2010) would be very appreciated !
2- if you want some custom BTB, just ask the teams for it, they will be motivated to face new people ;
3- if, like BlacKnight, want to propose some maps for tests, just ask ; i cannot guarantee anything on that now the championship is about to start, but players ask quite often for new maps to play on.
ImageImage

HWM Jedi
Wheelman
Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Jedi

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:36 pm

The only reasons I don't like BTB in Reach nearly as much as BTB in Halo 3 are the maps and gametypes. I enjoy many of the other playlists' Reach has to offer, but I just can't get into BTB due to this inherent lopsidedness...so I'd be very interested in your maps. Reach BTB needs help if it is to become what Halo 3 BTB was, and I'd love to see the playlist return to its former glory, maybe even surpass it.

Do you think you could link a few of your favorite maps and corresponding gametypes for us to check out? I for one would love to see some fresh ideas on BTB maps...especially if you happen to have one that doesn't involve green-and-grey Forgeworld. One can only stand so much of the same color scheme over and over and over and over..........

ConsumedFever wrote:
LIES!!!!!!

Yozi
Gunner
Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Yozi

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:51 pm

H3WM Rogue Jedi wrote:
Do you think you could link a few of your favorite maps and corresponding gametypes for us to check out?

If you follow the link in my post on btb.net you'll see they have a dedicated gamertag (iloveBTB) for all that, just like MLG has theirs.

Tepec Fett wrote:
I apologize for my rubbish English, as you'll notice soon, i'm French, and French education is just shameful about other languages ; i'll try to do my best !

It's fine, we can understand you (at least I do). :) Thanks for all the info.

I'm gonna have to sign up on ilovebtb pretty soon.

OcR LouieBlack wrote:
I'd be interested in trying their maps. Let me know when.

btb.net is apparently doing a custom night, but we'll probably do one as well.

OboeCrazy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: OboeCrazy

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks for the post, Tepec Fett! I for one love BTB, and always would love to try out some new competitive maps!

Let me know when we're doing another custom night and I will be there.
This sig available for rent.

Tepec Fett
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:47 am

Hi!

I'm preparing a presentation of our maps and gametypes ; i hope this will be understable, due to my English, but I hope it will help.

We're also preparing some videos to show in details the maps caracteristics, i'll give you them when they're ready.

Tepec
ImageImage

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:18 am

Tepec Fett wrote:
Hi!

I'm preparing a presentation of our maps and gametypes ; i hope this will be understable, due to my English, but I hope it will help.

We're also preparing some videos to show in details the maps caracteristics, i'll give you them when they're ready.

Tepec

I look forward to it.
Also I can understand your English :]

Sig by TuffJuice

Tepec Fett
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:44 am

Hello again,

As Yozi noticed it, we create for our championship exclusives maps and gametypes in order to play "Competitive Big Team" as much as possible ; so you'll find all of this in the IloveBTB's Fileshare (but Breakpoint, Eden, Resistance, Incubus and Rat's Nest are actually in a deep "testing phase" , we're not sure to use them during the competition).

If I may explain you the differences between the original maps/gametypes and the ones we made :

GAMETYPES

Global Caracteristics :
- 110% speed
- 110% jump height
- 150% gravity

- 75% melee modifier (3 beats to kill)

[Notice : i'm pretty sure that we're now like MLG on these points, but that's fortuit. Competition needs competitive caracteristics, I suppose !]

- 2 Load-outs :
* DMR, Magnum, 2 frag grenades, Sprint.
* Needle Rifle, Magnum, 2 frag grenades, Sprint.

- every Camo is a custom power-up ; it is set to 3 minutes spawning time in all the gametypes, except the asymetrical ones, where Camo is set to 2 minutes.

- Pick'n'Drop is possible in the Flag and Bomb gametypes.

- In the Flag gametypes, there is a 2 minutes sudden death ;
- In the Terrirories gametype, there is a 30 seconds sudden death.

- Every weapon's spawning time is "standardised" on all of the map, as much as possible.

BONEFIELD 0.7

Description :
This map is based on the West part of Boneyard only. v0.6 is playable with One Flag, One Bomb and Territories gametypes.
Teams spawn at East (Offenders) and West (Defenders) in asymetrical gametypes.
[In the previous versions of the map, BTB Slayer was playable too, and the teams spawned at North and South]

Global Equipment & Vehicules :
-> 2x Drop Shield
-> 1x Camo (custom power-up)
-> 2x Sniper Rifle
-> 1x Warthog (offense side)
-> 1x Ghost
-> 1x Laser
-> 3x Mongoose

Appropriate Gametypes :
BTB One Flag, BTB One Bomb, BTB Territories.

COAGULATION 0.7

Description :
This map is already going to be a Classic to vehicules lovers !
Nonetheless, it received some modifications compared to the original Hemorrhage, in order to equilibrate the two bases.

1- A structure has been added in the middle-map, due to a inequal lines of sight from one base to another, and to reduce the Sniper power ;
2- Teleporters reveiver nodes has been slightly moved ;
3- The two bases are almost like the H2 Coagulation ones, with "Banshee's garages" below (as shown on the previous picture).

BTB Coag 0.7 is fully playable with Slayer, Multi Flag, Neutral Assault and Multi Bomb gametypes.[/quote]
-> 4x Drop Shield
-> 2x Sniper Rifle
-> 1x Spartan Laser
-> 2x Warthog
-> 2x Revenant
-> 2x Banshee
-> 4x Mongoose

SPIRE 0.7

Description :
Spire has been heavily modified, always for the same reasons. In fact, it's now only playable on the North's half of the map (the opposite of the spire itself), and playable with Territories gametype only.

Offenders team spawns at North of the map, Defenders at South.

-> 2x Drop Shield
-> 1x Rocket Launcher
-> 2x Sniper Rifle
-> 2x Shotgun
-> 1x Ghost
-> 2x Warthog
-> 4x Mongoose

Appropriate Gametype :
BTB Territories.

PARADISO 0.7

Description :
Paradiso has a great potential to become another so good BTB map, but the original map needed some changes to be competitive.

1- Top of the mountains have been "blocked" with frag zones ;
2- The access to the different ways of the mountains have been upgraded ;
3- The bases have been enlarged ;
4- Teleporters have been moved (transmitter and receiver nodes) ;
5- The neutral structure received modifications too and hosts the only Banshee of the map ;
6- At the opposite, the bridge has been upgraded and hosts the only Sniper Rifle.

-> 1x Camo (custom power-up)
-> 2x Drop Shield
-> 2x Warthog
-> 1x Banshee
-> 2x Rocket Launcher
-> 1x Grenade Launcher
-> 1x Sniper Rifles
-> 6x Mongoose

TEMPEST (0.7)

Description :
BTB Tempest is nearly the same map than the original Tempest ; only caves have been opened (and equipment have been modified and adapted to gametypes).

-> 2x drop shield
-> 2x Sniper Rifle
-> 2x Rocket Launcher
-> 1x Spartan Laser
-> 2x Warthog
-> 2x Ghost
-> 4x Mongoose

WAYONT 0.7

Description :
Wayont is an original IloveBTB's map. Symetrical, it's based on H3 Standoff design, with a unique conception.

-> 2x Drop Shield
-> 2x Camo (power-up)
-> 2x Rocket Launcher
-> 2x Grenade Launcher
-> 1x Spartan Laser
-> 2x Warthog
-> 4x Mongoose

Notes :
- Breakpoint is actually in progress too, but not ready at all.
- Other maps you can find in the IloveBTB's fileshare are "standardized" for our gametypes, but only one of Resistence, Eden, Rat's Nest and Incubus will figures in our championship (Personnally, I can just suggest you to look at them and tell us what you think !).
- All the maps and gametypes I show you are not definitive ; we work on it every week since October (except for Tempest and Wayont) to February.

If you have any question, i stay disposable,

Tepec

P.S. : *innocently* if someone wants to correct those explanations, he just can do it :P
ImageImage

OcR LouieBlack
Legendary Wheelman
Legendary Wheelman

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:51 am

I think i love you <3