Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Re: Improving Hemorrhage in BTB

Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:20 pm

The gametypes are setup as requests from another group for customs. I personally didn't see a problem with using equipment of spawn :/

Sig by TuffJuice

Valkyrion
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Valkyrion

Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:30 pm

Black Knight wrote:
The gametypes are setup as requests from another group for customs. I personally didn't see a problem with using equipment of spawn :/

Okay, forget that I mentioned it then. But yeah, the plan looks good. ::thumbs::

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:10 pm

They want to spawn kill people more easily. If they can't use their equipment for 3 seconds, they can't armor lock, deploy drop shields, or sprint away.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Luv Gunn
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Luv Gunn

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:26 pm

There are actually quite a few good remakes of the original Blood Gulch, banshee and everything, and they LOOK really fun but I haven't played any of them with a full party.

I posted a while ago on B.net that DMR's shoud be removed from BTB. People would hate it but in Halo 2 the starting weapon was an SMG so...

I've always said that Reach was broken in this sense: Make the players move slower, make them smaller/maps bigger, give them a powerful scope so then can shoot across map. It doesn't make any sense! Nobody goes to the middle of Hemmorhage because they would be dead before they made it half way. Not to mention there is nothing there for them. Why would you even want to go out there? Think of Tempest and the sniper spawn. Why place it in the middle of nowhere? Why put a grav lift right next to the rockets?
SO PEOPLE WILL USE IT! Its making the players do what you want them to do by using the map's architecture/power weapns. Hemmorhage doesn't have that. Mouse hill is something to control and the plasma launcher but thats it. I would never be caught in between the middle of the map and my base... its a kill zone.

Oh, and I'll download and check these out!

-And a quick edit: We should definitely try to test this map when we organize a Map Testing Night.

brama
Heroic Gunner
Heroic Gunner
Gamertag: brama

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:47 pm

what if they added a guass warthog (however u spell it) instead of laag. that way you could shoot long range and combat the snipers a dmr a little easier.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:49 pm

brama wrote:
what if they added a guass warthog (however u spell it) instead of laag. that way you could shoot long range and combat the snipers a dmr a little easier.

The Gauss fires way too quickly for me to support that. It would destroy everything in its path. You'd have to put Rockets and a Laser in people's bases so they could combat the Gauss hog.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

brama
Heroic Gunner
Heroic Gunner
Gamertag: brama

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:57 pm

true. i just wish they would have kept the hemorrhage type map from halo three can't recall the name. atleast i think there should be some higher ground in the middle to offer a little more protection from dmr fire from all the way across the map. with the reworked vehicle damage mechanics and the dmr there needs to be a little more geography on the map to break it up into smaller sections so you aren't under fire all the time from completely across the map.