Get in the Hog if you want to live!

OboeCrazy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: OboeCrazy

I am thankful for Reach

Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:24 pm

In America it is Thanksgiving so I thought it appropriate to give thanks to a game that I love: Halo Reach.

I am thankful for colorful, beautifully detailed, variety filled maps that reward teamwork and tactics and constantly challenge even the best players.

I am thankful for one of the best party systems in gaming, allowing me easy access to information on what friends are doing, making joining them simple, and keeping us all together as we move between customs and matchmaking and firefight.

I am thankful for a company that values the creative efforts of it's players so much it creates one of the best (and only) custom map makers for the console allowing talented creators to make everything from new competitive spaces to beautiful works of art.

I am thankful for a screenshot and video clip system that is easy, powerful, and so much fun that lets me share among friends and the world some of the fun times I have in this game.

I am thankful for Bungie's dedication to the player experience; from banning people who cheat, to punishing those who quit, to locking down exploits, to rewarding those who just play the game to have fun.

I am thankful for all the great variety of fun I can have in Reach: flying around in banshees, sniping people long distance, racing through mongoose tracks, hunkered down against zombies, battle buddy fun in Invasion, hard core team work in Arena and shenagans anytime and anywhere.

I am thankful for all the people I get to play with on a daily basis. People in this community who I enjoy their company as they are happy, wonderful adults with positive attitudes and looking to have fun.

Thank you. ::collab::
This sig available for rent.

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Re: I am thankful for Reach

Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Custom Games and Forge are awesome!
Something no other console developer has really done.

Sig by TuffJuice

An A10 Pilot
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: An A10 Pilot

Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Great Thanksgiving post Oboe! Reach has produced so much fun for me, and given me so much time with awesome people! I thank all of you for produce great nights of gaming and many great laughs and memories. I thank bungie for producing a game in which, several months after an amazing moment, I can talk about it with people and they will remember as well. 8)
How do Reavers clean their ships? They put them thru the Wash. :)

RJ
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM RJ

Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:10 pm

I am thankful for armor lock.

I am also thankful for Invasion which is the awesomesauce! Seriously its like Matchmaking is the turkey and Invasion is that nice gravey that you drown everything in to make it 10 times better.
1/3 of the HWM U-Haul Trifecta

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Tims

Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:54 pm

RJ wrote:
I am also thankful for Invasion which is the awesomesauce! Seriously its like Matchmaking is the turkey and Invasion is that nice gravey that you drown everything in to make it 10 times better.

This! ::bump::
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

WatchGrassGrow
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Grass

Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:48 pm

RJ wrote:
You just read this incredibly tiny text for no good reason, and have nothing to show for it.

Proud Sponsor Of: M3CH4 N1NJ4, Thee Jazzy

RubbrDuckE
Contest Loser
Contest Loser
Gamertag: HWM RubbrDuckE

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:10 pm

OboeCrazy wrote:
I am thankful for Bungie's dedication to the player experience

Agreed.
Really thankful for the games that Bungie has created, and the community that has blossomed from those games.
I messed with Duce and got banned. laugh at my expense...

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:46 pm

RJ wrote:

I'm thankful for this post so I can free up space on my FL.
*removes friend*
*blocks communications*
*submit player review - lacking skill*

:]
Joke guys.

Sig by TuffJuice

Laughlyn
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Laughlyn

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:45 am

im thankful for the previous poster as he keeps duce off my own ass, and glued to his ::lol:: ::lol:: ::lol::

i kid, im grateful for this entire community, you give me something to do towards bettering one of the things i love, and while making great friends along the way. thanks you all, yall is all awesomesauce in my book! ::thumbs:: ::thumbs::
brickfungus wrote:
we recruit based on personality and not talent (look at laughy)